HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Inside Amy Schumer

Old
05-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

vCash: 500
Inside Amy Schumer

Does anyone care?.. Probably not given there was no thread about it.

I downloaded it to see what it was about and barely cracked a smile.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Do people legitimately find her funny? I've seen her before and I jut don't get it. She was about as funny as your average person.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

That's what I thought as well.

Jeselnik's show is actually pretty decent when he gets some good guests. Schumer's was garbage though.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

I think Comedy Central is now just giving shows to anyone who has appeared on a roast. But Ross and Jeselnik are actually pretty funny, at least.

I mean she has her moments but I don't find her that funny, definitely not funny enough for her own show.

I think CC is trying to hard to fill the void left by South Park cutting back a little.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Heisenberg77

I get her shtick. Gets a crack out of me every now and then.

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
She's not terribly funny, certainly not enough so to carry a show.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:44 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I know it's wrong to say but most women are not that funny when they have to carry a tv show by themselves

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

There was another episode tonight, did anyone try to watch it?...

Need to know if it's another waste of time.

Old
05-08-2013, 12:49 AM
crane

There are a few funny parts. The Jeselnick show is the same way, sometimes it'll be funny, other times its like whatever.

Kroll Show is way funnier than both of these shows.

crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 03:20 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Watched the first episode. Was mildly entertained by the 2 Girls, 1 cup bit. The rest was hot trash though.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
I know it's wrong to say but most women are not that funny
fixed.

Hate to say it, but true.

There are some gems of course, but I think because chicks never really have to use humor to win people over... mostly if your cute your gtg... guys on the other hand need to refine humor/charm to win over girls and been working at it for generations... naturally men will be more funnier because they have had more training in it.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:56 AM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

She sucks and her standup sucks. I met her in person multiple times at comedy events and she's a straight up B. Jeselnik keeps pumping her tires because he dates/dated her but he's 10x the comedian she is. Speaking of which, Jeselnik's show wasn't as awful as Ross' but it's all just so produced. It doesn't seem natural.

Comedy Central should focus on getting some sitcoms.

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Ozz

She has her moments, I enjoy her overall. I caught the first episode of this show and while not great (really though, not much is anyway so I don't hold high standards) it had me laughing a couple times. Haven't seen the latest one yet, maybe I'll catch a rerun. As with most anything, it was hit and miss from what I saw. I won't mind having it on in the background but I won't mind missing it here and there.

I love The Burn but have only seen The Jeselnik Offesensive a couple times because I didn't get into it much. As stated already, it seems too 'produced' or has an otherwise unnatural flow to it. That's not really an issue but I find his other work to have been better. That said, his latest standup special was incredibly lackluster based on what I expected.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:10 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I prefer the Jeselnik Offensive to The Burn. The panel segments are hilarious (except with Abby Elliott, she's terrible).

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Ozz

So only funny, pretty people are worth existing? Clearly enough people think she's funny.

I personally don’t find Tig Notaro attractive, and until recent years I never saw her say or do anything even remotely funny, yet people here go on like she's the female George Carlin. I can understand why others would dig her material but to say I don't find her funny and so therefore she sucks would be a stupid statement. No word on what many think of her looks though, but that’s beside the point.

Old
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

@amyschumer 8:53 PM
Hey! #InsideAmy Schumer got picked up for Season 2! Thanks @ComedyCentral New episode tomorrow at 10:30/9:30 Central

Caught a few minutes while hopping around during intermission of a hockey game and it wasn't really that funny

Mike Emrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Randal Graves
I don't watch movies

The more I see of this show (seen the whole season so far) the less I like it. There's a few moments that are ok, but overall its just the same joke with a different wrapper.

Of all the new shows CC gave out to young comics I liked Nathan for you and The Ben show the most.

Randal Graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 09:55 PM
End on a Hinote
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
fixed.

Hate to say it, but true.

There are some gems of course, but I think because chicks never really have to use humor to win people over... mostly if your cute your gtg... guys on the other hand need to refine humor/charm to win over girls and been working at it for generations... naturally men will be more funnier because they have had more training in it.
- Periods/Menopause
- Sex life
- Stupid men

I just listed roughly 98% of what female comedians joke about.

End on a Hinote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 09:58 PM
MK9

She's deceptively cute. Not really, but kind of at the same time.

As far as humor she's meh. She's nowhere close to Jim Jefferies, Joe Rogan, Jim Norton, Greg Giraldo or Louis CK.

Then again, no one else is either.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I unfortunately saw a few minutes of this. I didn't hear a single actual joke; it's all based on shock value and her weird "charisma."

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 10:22 PM
ToddRundgren
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I unfortunately saw a few minutes of this. I didn't hear a single actual joke; it's all based on shock value and her weird "charisma."
Good on you for giving it a fair chance.

05-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Graves View Post
The more I see of this show (seen the whole season so far) the less I like it. There's a few moments that are ok, but overall its just the same joke with a different wrapper.

Of all the new shows CC gave out to young comics I liked Nathan for you and The Ben show the most.
Nathan if you is surprisingly good. Dry humour, but it'll hold your attention for the entire half hour and will produce some good laughs. And some real original stuff. Similar to Curb in that way.

I saw Amy at the Comedy Cellar about a year ago. I was laughing pretty hard...but I may have been the only one. Safe to say that she got the show because she's decently ok looking and a woman.

Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2013, 11:12 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
So only funny, pretty people are worth existing? Clearly enough people think she's funny.

I personally don’t find Tig Notaro attractive, and until recent years I never saw her say or do anything even remotely funny, yet people here go on like she's the female George Carlin. I can understand why others would dig her material but to say I don't find her funny and so therefore she sucks would be a stupid statement. No word on what many think of her looks though, but that’s beside the point.
What an odd thing to say repetitively. Isn't it kind of obvious that she is and is supposed to be the opposite of a looker?

Anyways, about the existing thing, most comments like that are said facetiously in a totally self-aware and self-centered way.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:07 AM
puckluck19
Registered User?

the show got a chuckle out of me here and there but it clearly follows the formula of

attractive woman + potty mouth = shock value comedy

a formula previously adhered to by the Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler types.

puckluck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
What an odd thing to say repetitively. Isn't it kind of obvious that she is and is supposed to be the opposite of a looker?

Anyways, about the existing thing, most comments like that are said facetiously in a totally self-aware and self-centered way.
You love to skip points.

Someone basically said "Schumer doesn't even look good, what's she doing on TV?". What *** difference does that make? To argue the point, I gave the same thought on a comedienne who is very popular on these boards yet whom I never found funny for about 8 years, and asked what the difference was. Based on that person's logic, if I don't find her funny I should at least be able to find her attractive to make her worth being on "my TV". That is of course a point you completely missed.

I either put my thoughts into writing in a hard-to-follow manner or you enjoy twisting my words around.