HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Office

Old
01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
17futurecap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Awesome, thanks... will definitely be looking into that website.
Best website, won a wall calender on there last year, they have a bunch of contests, and the woman who runs the site has become close with the cast that she got to be in an episode.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:23 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Someone is getting fired, and Mindy and BJ will return for at least the finale

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...e-end-20130117

I'm gonna miss this show

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:55 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

I would guess AWOL Andy gets the axe.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Elever
Hth

Bit of overacting in that episode plus I felt like I saw it before but not bad overall.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:06 PM
*Injektilo

The bad: That was quite the Nespresso *******....

The good: "Women reach their sexual peak at whatever age Jan was last week".

*Injektilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:03 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
The bad: That was quite the Nespresso *******....

The good: "Women reach their sexual peak at whatever age Jan was last week".
"Like a swarm of bees, bees that just find something wrong with every hotel room.."

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:06 AM
silverfish
Player Usage

I find myself pretty unhappy for Pam in every episode. Jenna

I'm liking this season a ton more than last season.

Old
01-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Elever
Hth

Woah the camera people being shown....but if they break up Jim/Pam then it'll be the biggest BS on TV.

Pam said that this week you'll be starting to meet so that means there will be more.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:08 PM
17futurecap

Toby was so slimy tonight, was dying. I don't think Jim and Pam would ever break up, but nice to see them have some tension. Even when she went to NYC for art school there wasn't much tension.

I have said it before, but I have really liked these episodes without Andy.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Pattysaurus

Sooo, as mentioned on IMDB, the camera crew could have helped Pam out and given her a copy of the recital.

And agreed. I liked Andy but I haven't missed him one bit.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 09:31 AM
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattysaurus View Post
Sooo, as mentioned on IMDB, the camera crew could have helped Pam out and given her a copy of the recital.

And agreed. I liked Andy but I haven't missed him one bit.
I didn't even think of that, that's a great point.

I thought that was kind of a weird way to just bring the camera people into it. Like, it seems that Pam and this Brian guy have developed some sort of chemistry with each other throughout the years, but we didn't even know he existed in a humanly form that interacts with the employees until last night. Thought it was just so weird seeing Pam expressing intimate feelings with a character the audience has never seen. But it makes more sense on the level that we all know they've been there through the years, so obviously some rapport has been built.

At first I was like, who the **** is Brian? Is this just terrible editing and Jenna accidentally called Kevin by his actual name and nobody caught it? And then bam, camera turns

Anyways, will be interesting to see how they develop the camera people into the storyline as the show comes to an end

Old
01-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Pattysaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I didn't even think of that, that's a great point.

I thought that was kind of a weird way to just bring the camera people into it. Like, it seems that Pam and this Brian guy have developed some sort of chemistry with each other throughout the years, but we didn't even know he existed in a humanly form that interacts with the employees until last night. Thought it was just so weird seeing Pam expressing intimate feelings with a character the audience has never seen. But it makes more sense on the level that we all know they've been there through the years, so obviously some rapport has been built.

At first I was like, who the **** is Brian? Is this just terrible editing and Jenna accidentally called Kevin by his actual name and nobody caught it? And then bam, camera turns

Anyways, will be interesting to see how they develop the camera people into the storyline as the show comes to an end
I agree with you. My immediate reaction was actually that the whole thing was a show (as if they were all actors) and that she and Brian were really together or whatever. That'd be dumb obviously.

Not sure where they go from here...

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Anyone think that maybe Jim's the one who gets fired? Then athlead shuts their doors all the while Pam is having an affair with the cameraman?

Last edited by Graveland: 02-01-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Yeah I don't know what to make of seeing the camera crew. I didn't come into the episode fresh, as I previewed some recents post here before watching it today. So I knew it was coming. Seemed a bit strange that after all these years they would do that. But I guess if they are making this Brian guy a potential distraction/temptation for Pam, they would need to explain how she would be close to someone else that they have never shown. And a film crew guy fits that perfectly. A person they have all known for a long time and have seen on a daily basis. But we have never seen, but we know that they are there.

td_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Anyone think that maybe Jim's the one who gets fired? Then athlead shuts his doors all the while Pam is having an affair with the cameraman?
No chance, they will have it be a happy ending for sure.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Kitten Mittons

I didn't mind the crew, thought it was pretty dramatic but yeah it makes no sense, especially with all the crazy **** everyone's been doing like there's no one there.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 02:48 PM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Gotta say...the ending to the latest episode was definitely heartbreakingly realistic.

I've been in a fight like that, both on the phone and in person...where really you're mad at yourself (both Pam for messing up the recital, and Jim for not being able to make it), but before you know it, you've gone ahead and done or said something that snowballs.

I didn't take the reveal of the documentary crew, and this Brian, as something as a temptation for Pam. They've built up the Pam/Jim relationship way too much to have it thrown away on Pam having an affair. They tested the "affair" waters last year with Jim down in FL with that Kathy person, and Jim reacted as we all hoped that he would.

I do hope that the whole Philadelphia/Scranton issue comes to a head real soon. Pam definitely should have spoken up with her uncomfort for this situation, but obviously, I feel that when they have Jim and Pam hash out the fight/argument, she'll get her chance to say her piece.

And I have a feeling that in the end she will see that Jim is doing this for his family, to have a chance to give them a better life.

Needless to say, in their final season, The Office is shaping up to be going out with a bang, definitely LEAPS and bounds better than Season 8...and I had high hopes for James Spader as Robert California...to me though, either it was him, or the writers, but something happened and he failed to re-capture that vibe he gave off in the season finale of Season 7.

And someone mentioned Toby being a bit creepy on the last episode...I DEFINITELY agree with that...anyone catch the moment where he sort of rubs Nellie's shoulders/neck area...almost like he was going in for a strangle. My brother is of the opinion that since Toby has been talking about the Scraton Strangler that was convicted being innocent, that Toby will be revealed as the real Strangler.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Toby being the Scranton Strangler would be freaking hilarious and now, I am hoping that is the direction they take. It turns out all along that Michael being creeped out and hating Toby for seemingly no reason was justified! That would be hilarious.

Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Last episode was awesome. The whole Dwight scene at the drive-thru was pure gold. How many episodes we got left?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 05:44 PM
discostu

I'd definitely like to see Toby revealed as the Strangler. It would tie a bunch of the pieces together. I think the producers have said they will bring that story back, and Toby is the only one left whoever talks about it.

I'm mixed on revealing the film crew. I didn't like it at first, but it is giving the show something to build around for the last run of episodes.

Problem is, Pam and Jim have been presented as the perfect couple, that it's hard to take any obstacle in their relationship seriously. They'll talk it out, reaffirm their marriage and relationship, and the show will end on a positive.

But, the film crew might throw in some detours, and give this show a reason to watch other than obligation.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Last episode was awesome. The whole Dwight scene at the drive-thru was pure gold. How many episodes we got left?
11 more episodes unfortunately. I'm going to miss this show

DennisReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:44 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
No chance, they will have it be a happy ending for sure.
I'm not saying it has to be happy or depressing, but realistic would be a very interesting note to end on.

Old
01-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Maybe Pam paints the mural and does a great job, and gets a job offer doing something artsy in Philadelphia.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 01:33 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Jenna Fischer ( <3 ) has been talking about the episodes, yes episodes, that will air tonight all day on Twitter.

No Parks and Rec tonight, and two new episodes of The Office

https://twitter.com/jennafischer/sta...51541179871232

Quote:
TWO new episodes of The Office tonight! The first: comedy & old faces return. The second: Dwight/Pam, Angela/Oscar and more surprises! #JAM
https://twitter.com/jennafischer/sta...54031791144963

Quote:
RT Me too! They are my favorite storylines. Second episode tonight! @darlingdear09: I always love Pam and Dwight together! I can't wait!
https://twitter.com/jennafischer/sta...63565301542912

Quote:
RT Six people are returning from past episodes! @Howdog11: any hints on who is returning?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:47 PM
snowden
Man is matter

vCash: 1742
Meredith looked better without hair lol

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote