HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Office

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM
eyjee
the basement

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Wood View Post
Basically Erin broke up with him and said YOU WERE GONE FOR THREE MONTHS! while Wallace was on speakerphone
Ah, got ya.

Thanks

Old
02-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 1963
Lol'd at Dwight's impersonation of Andy.

This show seems to be going for emotion and looks like it will end itself on a happy note.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:27 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Lol'd at Dwight's impersonation of Andy.

This show seems to be going for emotion and looks like it will end itself on a happy note.
Yeah, I really enjoyed that as well.

02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Wood View Post
Basically Erin broke up with him and said YOU WERE GONE FOR THREE MONTHS! while Wallace was on speakerphone
If he could explain the fire thing, he could say she meant it metaphorically - like emotionally gone, or he moved out of their apartment and stuff like that. but I know he won't.

Old
02-08-2013, 06:37 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

I thought that was an outstanding episode last night. Good stuff.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:27 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 50
Next week's episode has been extended to be a full hour. Unlike two weeks ago, this will be one one-hour long episode instead of the 2 half-hours seen previously.

Old
02-09-2013, 11:55 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Hopefully the Jim/Pam thing is resolved. Now Andy seems to be in hot water. The ending will probably be Jim and Pam moving to Philly, Pete taking over Jim's job and then he'll have that Jim/Pam chemistry with Erin like in the beginning of the series. Andy will be fired or something with Dwight taking over or starting his own company.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:11 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Hopefully the Jim/Pam thing is resolved. Now Andy seems to be in hot water. The ending will probably be Jim and Pam moving to Philly, Pete taking over Jim's job and then he'll have that Jim/Pam chemistry with Erin like in the beginning of the series. Andy will be fired or something with Dwight taking over or starting his own company.
Yup. This looks like the direction they're headed toward.

02-11-2013, 11:55 PM
seventieslord

**** is getting real.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:25 AM
WillardJFredricks

Quote:
This would be fine with me. Dwight has been really good this season. They really seemed to have toned him down a bit and he's much funnier. Some of the stuff they had him doing for a while was just stupid (the entire post Super Bowl episode from a few years ago for example). Since they've had him a bit more grounded he's been really funny. I'd be happy with him as manager. The spoiler was that someone would get fired, and it sure looks like it'll be Andy.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Pattysaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardJFredricks View Post
This would be fine with me. Dwight has been really good this season. They really seemed to have toned him down a bit and he's much funnier. Some of the stuff they had him doing for a while was just stupid (the entire post Super Bowl episode from a few years ago for example). Since they've had him a bit more grounded he's been really funny. I'd be happy with him as manager. The spoiler was that someone would get fired, and it sure looks like it'll be Andy.
Great point on Dwight. The character was way too over the top for quite a while.

I kind of see him winding up at Athlead but it's too early to tell.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

Just cause I enjoyed it so much.

Dwight: [Cackling] Ohh...[In a German Accent] Judgment is nigh, for the belsnickel ist I!
Jim: Yes, he is finally nigh.
Dwight: I am nigh!

Old
02-13-2013, 03:10 PM
WillardJFredricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattysaurus View Post
Great point on Dwight. The character was way too over the top for quite a while.

I kind of see him winding up at Athlead but it's too early to tell.
I'm not sure if you watched Trailer Park Boys, but Dwight and Bubbles have had the same sort of situation over the years. When they're toned down they are outstanding, but sometimes it seems the writers lack ideas and figure they can just dress them up in a funny outfit and/or make them do something outrageous and it will get laughs. And it does. I know a lot of people absolutely love Dwight when he's over the top. Which is fine. But this season (and last season as well, from what I can recall) he has been hilarious because he's been toned down.

Good point on him maybe joining Athlead. He does seem to be showing interest in the whole thing. I think they're doing a good job of setting up the series ending and am looking forward to how they choose to wrap it up.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Sherlock.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
irunthepeg
HFBoards Spencer

vCash: 69
Hahahahahahahahaha randomly tuned in to today's episode... wow. Saul Goodman as Michael Scott. I like it.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Who is the girl who played Alice? because I feel I've seen her before.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
Old
02-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

Yeah I saw her too somewhere she's really cute. I thought she was in Paul Blart Mall Cop but guess that was someone else. She was definetely in a mall movie where she played the girl at a coffee shop or something though she wore a hat for most of it.

Anyways, that episode was good overall like the rest of the season but a little too awkward like British Office. Guess they're trying to move the story line along so less jokes. They ruined the guy trying to copy Michael, could've been funnier.

EDIT: The girl's name I think is Collete Wolfe. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2180792/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

It doesn't show her in any credits yet, she was in Observe & Report, not Paul Blart Mall Cop. I'm probably wrong, meh, just a guest role and I doubt her or Gabe will be back for much.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:06 AM
go_leafs_go02

This episode completely had vibes that the show was coming to an end.

Especially that on Oscar's screen it showed that the "documentary" was scheduled to air soon.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:49 AM
danishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
This episode completely had vibes that the show was coming to an end.

Especially that on Oscar's screen it showed that the "documentary" was scheduled to air soon.
that message, plus the fact that it was an hour episode, totally made me think that this was a completely disappointing finale.

Old
02-15-2013, 04:06 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Whatever they do probably wouldn't be as good as the seeing off of Michael Scott, one of the most iconic characters on tv.

But Saul goodman lol amazing

Old
02-15-2013, 10:51 AM
eyjee
the basement

I really liked this episode.

Andy's a dick, but I get where he's coming from kind of? It's never fun when your ex moves on way before you do Although he kind of brought the relationship down on his on doing, I think eventually he'll come to terms with that.

Still hasn't been that surprise "firing" yet. Maybe there will be a twist and Jim will get fired from Athlead? I don't know. Looks like Pam is very set on staying in Scranton, obviously this is a conflict that needs to be solved one way or the other.

Saul Goodman was awesome in his role. His office had a very season 1 of "The Office" feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Yeah I saw her too somewhere she's really cute. I thought she was in Paul Blart Mall Cop but guess that was someone else. She was definetely in a mall movie where she played the girl at a coffee shop or something though she wore a hat for most of it.

Anyways, that episode was good overall like the rest of the season but a little too awkward like British Office. Guess they're trying to move the story line along so less jokes. They ruined the guy trying to copy Michael, could've been funnier.

EDIT: The girl's name I think is Collete Wolfe. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2180792/?ref_=tt_cl_t10

It doesn't show her in any credits yet, she was in Observe & Report, not Paul Blart Mall Cop. I'm probably wrong, meh, just a guest role and I doubt her or Gabe will be back for much.
She was also in 'Hot Tub Time Machine'

From Reddit:

Last edited by eyjee: 02-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old
02-15-2013, 11:20 AM
Pattysaurus

On Pam's meeting with that boss: Was that the first time they mentioned Michael's name since he left? I remember thinking they stopped mentioning him right away but could be wrong.

Think Toby told the Scranton strangler he set him up?

Old
02-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

I liked that one joke with Saul where he said something like "don't worry, I'm not like the guy in Horrible Bosses"

He was an actor in that movie, the sorta thing you'd expect to hear in Community.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Teemu

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha randomly tuned in to today's episode... wow. Saul Goodman as Michael Scott. I like it.
It was funny until they felt the need to explain the joke and then keep telling it over and over again.

Obviously this was extended to an hour on short notice, but still.

Old
02-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Hellfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Who is the girl who played Alice? because I feel I've seen her before.
She was in a bunch of episodes of Cougar Town as well. Played the girlfriend of Travis.

Closed Thread