HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

First Time Season Ticket Buyer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
  #1
Bob Kudelski
Registered User
 
Bob Kudelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
First Time Season Ticket Buyer

I'm looking for the forum's expert advice on how to go about purchasing season tickets or half-season tickets. (Yes, I realize that there might be a lockout)

I see that coke zero zone is only $660. That's pretty nice, and I can always drink during intermissions.

Any advice on how to choose seats? And is there any way to get a "deal" or some sort of extras thrown in?

Thanks

Bob Kudelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
  #2
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.
 
Goat Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,616
vCash: 500
I'm not sure an intermission would provide enough time to drink, TBH, if you're really set on that. You'd have to fight your way through everyone else to get to the concourse, fight your way down the line to order your beer, guzzle it down, and fight your way back to your seat to catch the start of the next period. Not only are you rushing your beer (a sin in itself), but it would also be an extreme hassle.

Not what you were asking, but definitely something to consider if that's high on your priority list for the gameday experience.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:40 AM
  #3
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,411
vCash: 500
Call the Senators ticket office and tell them you're interested in purchasing season tickets. They'll assign a rep to you and you can make an appointment with them to go check out the seating. They'll take you through the whole arena and let you know what your options are as to what the pricing is and what seats are available. That way you don't buy tickets "sight unseen" and get stuck with what you feel is a lousy viewing angle.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:53 AM
  #4
koreaboy
Registered User
 
koreaboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,673
vCash: 500
they have actually added lots of new perks for ST holders in recent years. i've been one since '92, half season package. they have a rewards program that gives you "gold", "silver", and "bronze" rewards depending on how big/expensive your package is. things like money at concessions, special opportunities to see players/practices, discounts on merchandise, etc. etc. in past years they have often thrown in extra tix to a game or two that they are having trouble selling, like the panthers in feb. or something like that. our ticket prices have remained very stable in recent years, and we also had free parking last year. the REALLY big benefits come in playoff time, when you get automatic access to tickets and they are significantly cheaper than box office prices for playoff tix. i think the sens should be commended for how they are trying to treat ST holders.

koreaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:01 AM
  #5
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,768
vCash: 500
Get season tickets in the $20 zone (Upper part of 328-301-302). You can drink there and it's right next to the front doors.

After being a STH for a few years, you can get extras thrown in pretty easily... not sure what your luck will be as a first time buyer though.

I was able to get free parking thrown in a year before I was eligible, for example.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
  #6
Upgrayedd
Registered User
 
Upgrayedd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Call the Senators ticket office and tell them you're interested in purchasing season tickets. They'll assign a rep to you and you can make an appointment with them to go check out the seating. They'll take you through the whole arena and let you know what your options are as to what the pricing is and what seats are available. That way you don't buy tickets "sight unseen" and get stuck with what you feel is a lousy viewing angle.
This is certainly the best way to go! Personally i have informed my rep that i will not be renewing this year which is directly caused by the the impending lockout and left over anger from the last one luckily in Ottawa i can likely purchase seasons down the line if i feel like it however, if this begins happening every few years i will certainly be withdrawing my interests from pro hockey and possibly pro sports all together!

Upgrayedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:35 AM
  #7
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
Get season tickets in the $20 zone (Upper part of 328-301-302). You can drink there and it's right next to the front doors.

After being a STH for a few years, you can get extras thrown in pretty easily... not sure what your luck will be as a first time buyer though.

I was able to get free parking thrown in a year before I was eligible, for example.
this is good advice the coke zero zone is a pain to get out of and lots of kids so you kinda need to be PG when sitting there.

also call them and talk to an agent my guy is pretty great they are not pushy and are actually very helpful.

i've never had them try to push a package on me, just really happy with the way they conduct themselves.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
  #8
Melnyks Mirage
We are what we are.
 
Melnyks Mirage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,972
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I'm not sure an intermission would provide enough time to drink, TBH, if you're really set on that. You'd have to fight your way through everyone else to get to the concourse, fight your way down the line to order your beer, guzzle it down, and fight your way back to your seat to catch the start of the next period. Not only are you rushing your beer (a sin in itself), but it would also be an extreme hassle.

Not what you were asking, but definitely something to consider if that's high on your priority list for the gameday experience.
You can easily head down to the concessions with 5-8 minutes left, beat the rush and have a beer. No one says you need to follow the herd, unless of course you leave with the herd that heads out with 8-10 minutes left (guilty as charged).

To the OP, call them and ask them for a half-season package and the options.
Also ask if you can get a refund if there is a lockout...

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
  #9
Taoiseach
Moderator
Go Hull Go!
 
Taoiseach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
This is certainly the best way to go! Personally i have informed my rep that i will not be renewing this year which is directly caused by the the impending lockout and left over anger from the last one luckily in Ottawa i can likely purchase seasons down the line if i feel like it however, if this begins happening every few years i will certainly be withdrawing my interests from pro hockey and possibly pro sports all together!
Shameless plug for my favourite team, I know, but Olympiques season tickets are $422 for anywhere in the building. If you don't live in the extreme west end, it will probably be closer too! Even with all of this CHLPA nonsense, I highly doubt we'll see a CHL lockout any time soon...

The constant threat of lockouts, and the league's clear preference for Phoenix over Québec is kind of killing my interest in the NHL too.

Taoiseach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:26 AM
  #10
WantEggRoll
Registered User
 
WantEggRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,763
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kudelski View Post
I'm looking for the forum's expert advice on how to go about purchasing season tickets or half-season tickets. (Yes, I realize that there might be a lockout)

I see that coke zero zone is only $660. That's pretty nice, and I can always drink during intermissions.

Any advice on how to choose seats? And is there any way to get a "deal" or some sort of extras thrown in?

Thanks
I think the others have pretty much covered the process on how to pick your seats out. One piece of advice I'd offer from someone who has worked in sales for several years: never start off by saying you are looking for any sort of "deal".

Even if I can offer people extras when they purchase something I won't if they lead off our conversation with "what else do I get if I buy this?". My own personal opinion on the matter is people should be buying their products for what they are, and not because they'll get something free with it.

Best way to see if you can get a deal is to just hear the sales person out on what they are selling, and then act hesitant if you aren't happy with the price. If there is a deal to be offered then they'll offer it to overcome that hesitance providing they aren't new and uncomfortable being aggressive.

For example:
"Ahh I would've really liked to go with the parking pass, but it is a little outside my budget.."

instead of

"Well I'll buy it if you throw in free parking."

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 02:57 PM
  #11
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala
 
mat_sens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,605
vCash: 10639
I told my rep I wasn't renewing until I knew what was happening with the lockout. Told him I would not renew if even one bit of the season was cancelled.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.