HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

{XBOX} NHL 13 Be a GM online thread (All xbox NHL13 talk)

Old
09-26-2012, 09:55 PM
CJDolan

vCash: 760
Rangers wth is going on man? After four invites you join and ready up then leave at the select jersey screen. I'd love to play our game whether its vs you or the computer.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 10:11 PM
CJDolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandk128 View Post
My bad man, I was away at the NASCAR race all weekend. I'll be on tonight and if I don't play you I'll set it so you can play my CPU.
Please set that up.

Old
09-27-2012, 08:20 AM
cptgeech

vCash: 500
Tonight will be the last night i have to play my games. I have 2 with San Jose, 1 with the Canucks and 1 with Nashville. I'll be on between 9-930. Any games i dont get to play tonight i'll just set so you can play the computer.

Cheers!

cptgeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:15 AM
DoubleAAAA

LA & Dallas hit me up if you see me on tonight. Will set to CPU play if we can't get the games in.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Mancini0518

Ok now that ive seen how the league is working im going to do it like this. The schedule will move every 5 days. Mon-Fri, sat-wed, etc. The first THREE days of the days you will all be able to play head to head. In the last TWO days every GM must set their games to CPU if needed. This means that you can play head to head but also gives players the option of playing games while youre not online. That way games will not go unplayed because users are never on. If you dont believe you will be on much you should set your team to CPU.

Mancini0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:22 AM
hockeybpr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Ok now that ive seen how the league is working im going to do it like this. The schedule will move every 5 days. Mon-Fri, sat-wed, etc. The first THREE days of the days you will all be able to play head to head. In the last TWO days every GM must set their games to CPU if needed. This means that you can play head to head but also gives players the option of playing games while youre not online. That way games will not go unplayed because users are never on. If you dont believe you will be on much you should set your team to CPU.
Are you going to do it on the night of the 5th day or on the 6th? Hopefully the night of the 5th?

hockeybpr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
CHegs1349

Quote:
Does this start tomorrow?

CHegs1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Mancini0518

Yes schedule will me moved the night of the 5th and this will start on Saturday

Old
09-27-2012, 10:55 AM
BeastinB's

Send a message via AIM to BeastinB's
LA will be on tonight...Not sure when..probably after 8PM I'll be visiting my GF in the hospital for awhile

BeastinB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Bostonfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
LA will be on tonight...Not sure when..probably after 8PM I'll be visiting my GF in the hospital for awhile
Hope she's alright!

Red Wings should be on tonight as well! 8ish EST for a bit.

Bostonfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM
CJDolan

I definitely like the idea of every five days, good idea there. However, EVERY gm having to turn on simmable after three days is kinda stupid. If a gm has 6 games to play and is on the first 3 nights but the other gms never are, why should the active one have to switch their settings? That's kinda stupid. Teams that are inactive till the last minute will be playing the comp every time. Gms that have weird schedules where they are on at 2 am are always gonna be playing the computer.

It should be that teams that have not played 1/2 their games by day four have to swap to simmable since they clearly aren't active. If they have game times set in stone with people, they shouldn't have to. This new system helps teams that suck vs humans way too much. They can just sit there and not play three days and then they can play the comp the next two days.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:47 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDolan View Post
I definitely like the idea of every five days, good idea there. However, EVERY gm having to turn on simmable after three days is kinda stupid. If a gm has 6 games to play and is on the first 3 nights but the other gms never are, why should the active one have to switch their settings? That's kinda stupid. Teams that are inactive till the last minute will be playing the comp every time. Gms that have weird schedules where they are on at 2 am are always gonna be playing the computer.

It should be that teams that have not played 1/2 their games by day four have to swap to simmable since they clearly aren't active. If they have game times set in stone with people, they shouldn't have to. This new system helps teams that suck vs humans way too much. They can just sit there and not play three days and then they can play the comp the next two days.
It's fine the way Mancini has decided. You won't die if someone gets to play your CPU team a couple times. If someone abuses it by never playing head to head, or by repeatedly not setting their team to CPU play, then boot em from the league. Think of it as a sacrifice to get more seasons in.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:48 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
Best wishes to you & your lady, hope all is ok.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Mancini0518

Once i sim again ill be able to get a better idea. I know i simmed 79 games last schedule move. Id like to see if the number goes down or up once people got settled in the game.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:16 PM
hockeybpr25

Quote:
Yes schedule will me moved the night of the 5th and this will start on Saturday
I thought you were moving schedules up Friday night?
Quote:
Friday Night i will move the sched. I guess you're stuck with Malkin for a few more days (the humanity haha)

Someone is joining as the leafs tonight. Sorry if i had known i would have offered them to you

i will be on tonight to play games

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDolan View Post

Agreed. I'm getting my games done within the first 3 days, if I have someone that is taking forever to get back to me they should have to change theirs, not me.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Bostonfreak

I have tomorrow off work, so I'll be on tonight for awhile.

Also if you see that I'm online playing another game - send me a msg and ill stop and put in nhl!

Oilers, Vancouver and the Sharks let me know if you will be on tonight!

Cheers,

Bostonfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Mancini0518

I decided to do it on Saturday, would you like to be the comissioner? Because i get literally no benfits out of it other than more work

Old
09-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Mancini0518

Im getting tired of people *****ing about the pace. There are 30 people with 30 schedules. if you want to do a league purely on your own time than do a normal GM mode and have 29 other CPUs. If you want real GMS and humans to play the mode with than have some patience please or you can find a league that has a pace more suited to you, its really that simple.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:53 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeybpr25 View Post
Pretty sure that a lot of the GMs are already done their games or only have one left. I think we need to start sifting out the inactive GMs.

Catch 22, eh?
Maybe Mancini should start sifting out GMs who act like brats. It's a game and he's doing a fine job. You and Dolan are the only ones who seem to have an issue.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:55 PM
hockeybpr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Maybe Mancini should start sifting out GMs who act like brats. It's a game and he's doing a fine job. You and Dolan are the only ones who seem to have an issue.
No, everyone else is just polite. I've talked to others that agree with me. I just don't mind voicing my opinion. I think he's going a very good job as well, I've never once said otherwise and I've already pumped up his tires before so now this post makes it my second or third time.

I'm only a "brat" on here. Otherwise when I play games (talking in xbox party/chat) or make trade requests I'm not a "brat". Look up the definition of a forum, it's a place to discussion your opinion. It's not like I message him about the league or doing anything in that sort of manner. I have only used this to voice my dislikes. Just trying to help form a more perfect league. I have no qualms with this league besides the inactivity of some GMs which leads to the pace being slower than it needs to be.

Last edited by doubleminor138: 09-27-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old
09-27-2012, 01:02 PM
doubleminor138
Look into my eyes

knock it off

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:10 PM
CJDolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
I just have an issue with teams getting sent 5 xbL messages and not responding, then finally getting in a game and quitting at the select jersey screen without any explanation. I don't think the active gms should have to set their games to be played by the CPU. If five/six days makes it so all the games get played, I'm 100% cool with that. So if you're calling me a brat because I think the people that answer a simple xbL message shouldn't be punished, I guess I'm a brat. And that makes 90% of the gms brats.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:20 PM
CJDolan

Also, I think Mancini is doing a great job as commissioner. It's def a tough responsibility especially when you're doing it by yourself. When I said that I don't think the active gms should be punished, I wasn't saying it to be a dick or attack him, I was simply stating that I think that's a flaw in the system that can be exploited by teams when they know they have an opponent that outmatches them.

In that post, I supported the 5 day period decision as well, so I'm not attacking anyone here, just pointing out what I saw to be a flaw with the potential for exploitation of it. If the rest of the league is cool with not getting responses from teams and then having to sim your games because of it, I am cool with that. If we have 30 owners giving constructive feedback, it makes the commissioner job much easier than him trying to figure out a brand new game mode and leading it by himself. He is the gm of one team, he may not have run into owners that don't respond to messages, so I think it was something that should be brought to light.

Old
09-27-2012, 01:24 PM
hockeybpr25

Mancini, putting all the ******** aside. What time will you be advancing the schedule on Saturday? I ask because I'm going to Foxwoods for the weekend Saturday afternoon so I'm just trying to figure out if I'll have time to get some games in before I leave because I won't be able to get on xbox until Monday. I'm not trying to be obnoxious by asking.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:13 PM
BergyDGD
such a homah

Will Minnesota Wild be on today or tomorrow? Inbox me or post a time that works for you, usually during the day up til 5 and then at night after 9, you're the only team I got left to play this week.

BergyDGD is offline   Reply With Quote