HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

{XBOX} NHL 13 Be a GM online thread (All xbox NHL13 talk)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
  #826
CJDolan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 760
Alright the first round of simming is done. Notable injuries are:

Nugent Hopkins- 14 games
David Booth- 21 games
Dustin Byfuglien- 11 games
Nick Foligno- 44 games
Phil Kessel- 14 games

And for the big injury....


Marion Gaborik- 48 games (will be back by round 2 of the playoffs)

Time for the next sim!

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
  #827
CJDolan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 760
Second round of sims done. Notable injuries:

Ray Whitney- 23 games
Karl Alzner- 40 games
Roberta Luongo- 11 games
Mathias Ohlund- 48 games
Alex Edler- 16 games
Nathan Horton- 39 games
Matt Niskanen- 36 games

I am done simming big chunks for now. We are going to have this schedule period and I am going to push it forward Saturday night/Sunday morning. After that I may be doing one more sim of 6 games per team then we will play the rest.

Lets try and get all of our games in. 80 is way too many to sim.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:42 PM
  #828
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Bruins getting pounded by injuries this season, what the hell? Aside from Kelly being hurt by a cheapshot early in the season, I don't think a single one of them has resulted from a played game, just simulated games! Silly EA.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2012, 09:47 PM
  #829
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong
 
Topshelf8188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDolan View Post
I'm doing a sim right now and then I will let you know. Vancouver is going to be taken over by the Nashville gm since he contacted me when Vancouver quit (and he played only 2 games with Nashville) so now that leaves I believe Nashville and Phoenix as the only two available. Also I am pretty sure Washington is still playing he's just been really busy. Detroit I have no idea since he doesn't like responding to messages on Xbox.
Phoenix would be cool.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 07:34 AM
  #830
CHegs1349
Registered User
 
CHegs1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Bruins getting pounded by injuries this season, what the hell? Aside from Kelly being hurt by a cheapshot early in the season, I don't think a single one of them has resulted from a played game, just simulated games! Silly EA.
That sucks. All my injuries, except Byfuglien, have come from games I played. It's not a lotta fun watching your players roll around on the ice haha. The injuries definitely seem to be pretty common though. I expected less 20+ game injuries and more 3-5 game injuries.

CHegs1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
  #831
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHegs1349 View Post
That sucks. All my injuries, except Byfuglien, have come from games I played. It's not a lotta fun watching your players roll around on the ice haha. The injuries definitely seem to be pretty common though. I expected less 20+ game injuries and more 3-5 game injuries.
I bet! Also I've generally had 2-3 players out injured at a time this season, to the point I wish I hadn't waived Rolston and his $5,000,000 cap hit. I've had to play guys like Arniel, Stortini, and Bartkowski several games as back ups for my back ups!

Goaltending has been beyond clutch though. The most annoying thing is finishing a game and having it freeze or disconnect from the server and have the game go unrecorded, needing to be replayed.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:46 PM
  #832
CJDolan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
I bet! Also I've generally had 2-3 players out injured at a time this season, to the point I wish I hadn't waived Rolston and his $5,000,000 cap hit. I've had to play guys like Arniel, Stortini, and Bartkowski several games as back ups for my back ups!

Goaltending has been beyond clutch though. The most annoying thing is finishing a game and having it freeze or disconnect from the server and have the game go unrecorded, needing to be replayed.
Yeah lol must be nice being able to use a goalie whos not playing and a forward who hasn't played in 2 seasons.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
  #833
CJDolan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Phoenix would be cool.
Sounds good. Send another join request and I will put it through tonight. HFBoards Bruins GCL

Edit: actually send a request as Detroit if you want them. Their GM hasn't been on Xbox in two weeks and never answered when I was asking him to play. Detroit is yours if you want them and they are in the playoff hunt. I want 0 CPU teams in the playoffs and we will be manually playing every playoff game.


Last edited by CJDolan: 11-05-2012 at 02:15 PM.
CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
  #834
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDolan View Post
Yeah lol must be nice being able to use a goalie whos not playing and a forward who hasn't played in 2 seasons.
Well, actually Rask is doing better than Thomas but Thomas plays all the games that are simmed since he's set as starter. And Savvy from the 3rd line isn't doing a whole lot really; I haven't looked but he almost never gets points! And hey, teams like Philly have Pronger so it's not like I'm the only one.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
  #835
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong
 
Topshelf8188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
So down for Detroit haha. I'll join tonite.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 03:39 PM
  #836
CJDolan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 760
Actually Detroit just signed on Xbox haha king of timing.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:10 PM
  #837
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Well, actually Rask is doing better than Thomas but Thomas plays all the games that are simmed since he's set as starter. And Savvy from the 3rd line isn't doing a whole lot really; I haven't looked but he almost never gets points! And hey, teams like Philly have Pronger so it's not like I'm the only one.
I don't have pronger

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 06:34 PM
  #838
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NH/NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I don't have pronger
I do!!

Hows Morrow? He was pretty damn slow. I like to hit, but was pretty deep on wingers, so I didnt mind giving him up

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:02 PM
  #839
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NH/NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 191
I like how you guys play, its a nice change up from playing HUT games where people just poke check and float for breakaways

All of you so far play a pretty phyiscal game, and as much as it sucks to play against, its more fun haha

I just played winnipeg and he nailed me every time i tried to to a deke haha

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:08 PM
  #840
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong
 
Topshelf8188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 500
Phoenix is cool then haha

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:19 PM
  #841
CHegs1349
Registered User
 
CHegs1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I like how you guys play, its a nice change up from playing HUT games where people just poke check and float for breakaways

All of you so far play a pretty phyiscal game, and as much as it sucks to play against, its more fun haha

I just played winnipeg and he nailed me every time i tried to to a deke haha
I liked that diving sprawled poke check in the shootout. I was like wtf just happened hahaha

CHegs1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
  #842
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I do!!

Hows Morrow? He was pretty damn slow. I like to hit, but was pretty deep on wingers, so I didnt mind giving him up
Not bad...unfortunately, I lost simmonds right after I got him, so I haven't actually got to use the Morrow-Briere-Simmonds line I wanted to

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 08:30 PM
  #843
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NH/NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHegs1349 View Post
I liked that diving sprawled poke check in the shootout. I was like wtf just happened hahaha
I always toss it in once haha

A total d-bag move, but its too effective to not use

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 09:34 PM
  #844
WhiteMandingo
Registered User
 
WhiteMandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Hey St. Louis you need to fix your roster for people to play your CPU I dunno if your over the cap or what

WhiteMandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
  #845
wKetch22
Pure Grime
 
wKetch22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NH/NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,478
vCash: 191
You guys are a constant reminder that I suck at this game.. God dammit haha

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 11:58 AM
  #846
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinBruins View Post
Hey St. Louis you need to fix your roster for people to play your CPU I dunno if your over the cap or what
Injuries. Fixed.

DoubleAAAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
  #847
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,986
vCash: 500
Anyone have a mid tier offensive forward they're willing to move? Preferably winger but C is alright too. Sick of having Arnott in my top 6 lol

DoubleAAAA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 12:43 PM
  #848
CJDolan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 438
vCash: 760
Are LA and Philly still playing in this league?

Guys if you get a friend request on Xbox from someone in the league, you probably have to play then so accepting it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Especially if the commissioner is sending you requests.

Top shelf, you can have Detroit.

CJDolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
  #849
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,779
vCash: 500
Have to play Rangers, Chicago, Toronto, and Carolina.

I don't think I've ever seen the Rangers on and all our games have likely been simmed.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
  #850
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback
 
BrainOfJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: State St.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDolan View Post
Are LA and Philly still playing in this league?

Guys if you get a friend request on Xbox from someone in the league, you probably have to play then so accepting it wouldn't be a terrible idea. Especially if the commissioner is sending you requests.

Top shelf, you can have Detroit.
I am still in the league...played two games last night... just dont want a bunch of xbox live friends that I have no idea who they are.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.