HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defenseman

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 05:54 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Defenseman

It seems as if Hitchcock has already begun to make his decisions.

Based on newspaper articles and a radio interview it appears that Vandermeer & Pitkanen will be playing in our top 6.

They don't want to carry a young guy as a 7th defenseman, so Woywitka & Seidenberg will begin the season with the Phantoms.

Ragnarsson & Therien will probably be competing for the last verteran spot, to stay out of the 7th role.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:06 AM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
It seems as if Hitchcock has already begun to make his decisions.

Based on newspaper articles and a radio interview it appears that Vandermeer & Pitkanen will be playing in our top 6.

They don't want to carry a young guy as a 7th defenseman, so Woywitka & Seidenberg will begin the season with the Phantoms.

Ragnarsson & Therien will probably be competing for the last verteran spot, to stay out of the 7th role.
yeah i think iw as readin gthat at the Philly Inquirer. It's great news. They'd be stupid not to start Pitkanen after the money he signed for and the help he can provide us on the blueline and on the PP. I'm just glad they are not making the 4 D kids battle for 1 spot when there are obviusly some vets that don't deserve those other spots. I'd rather see bundy stay than Rags, simply because he's been on this team for 11 years and he supplies a lot of heart, good locker room guy....and Ragnarrson is relatively new in our organization, but he signed a bnig contract. Anyway im rambling, can't wait to watch on Saturday.

Old
09-25-2003, 06:09 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
yeah i think iw as readin gthat at the Philly Inquirer. It's great news. They'd be stupid not to start Pitkanen after the money he signed for and the help he can provide us on the blueline and on the PP. I'm just glad they are not making the 4 D kids battle for 1 spot when there are obviusly some vets that don't deserve those other spots. I'd rather see bundy stay than Rags, simply because he's been on this team for 11 years and he supplies a lot of heart, good locker room guy....and Ragnarrson is relatively new in our organization, but he signed a bnig contract. Anyway im rambling, can't wait to watch on Saturday.
If Pitkanen played for the Phantoms he wouldn't receive the same amount of money, he's on a two way contract, so essentially he gets:

1.1 million per + bonuses earned if playing in the NHL

or

about $70-100,000 per playing for the Phantoms

Old
09-25-2003, 10:48 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Pitkanen, from everything I have read, seen or whatever is playing head and shoulders above everybody which just about has me running to nearest hockey store to get #44 & Pitkanen on my black away Flyers jersey. This kid is proving to be the real deal and not another Dopita. VanderMeer proved me to last year during the season and in the playoffs that he is good enough to be on the 3rd line. He is better than Therien and Rags. As long as each of these guys are paired with a vet like Rico or Weino, our defense will be as solid as it was last year. Jimmy has a lot of heart and is willing to drop the gloves, Joni just seems to possess the total package which will be great to have for this year and years to come.

Closed Thread