HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

GM Connected Avs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-31-2012, 12:53 PM
  #1
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
GM Connected Avs

In a GM connected league coming up I'm Gm of the Avs and you can only make one reg. season trade besides the trade deadline and got offered this:

To Colorado:
Hjalmarsson + Stalberg + 2014 1st + McNeil/Tuevo/2013 1st

To Chicago:
Duchene


I'm very tempted but would have liked to have switched Stastny for Dutch instead but unfortunately the guy is tied up in cap space. Would you consider this offer? Some guy on Phx is up for trading Yandle so I'm seeing if I can put Stasnty in that kind of deal. Seems a lot of teams are interested in Stastny. I could roll with Dutch and Radar anchoring the top two C lines. Ideally I would like a top 4 dman to play with Johnson or a legit top 6 winger

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
  #2
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 500
No point in doing it from my point of view, unless those picks turn out to be 1st overalls then they are completely not worth it. Future's and picks are overrated here on these boards. Stick with Duchene and you won't regret it.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
  #3
BrickAHL
#Shermy is ELEPHANT
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,517
vCash: 432
Horrible deal.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:22 PM
  #4
Ceremony
Moderator
Why Not Us?
 
Ceremony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66,054
vCash: 50
Definitely not.

Ceremony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
  #5
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Not even close.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:36 PM
  #6
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
Yeah I probably wont do it, would have considered it if it was Stastny and the idea of Teuvo Teravainen playing with Dutch would be exciting but yeah probably not worth it for dutch himself

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 01:40 PM
  #7
BrickAHL
#Shermy is ELEPHANT
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,517
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
Yeah I probably wont do it, would have considered it if it was Stastny and the idea of Teuvo Teravainen playing with Dutch would be exciting but yeah probably not worth it for dutch himself
It would still be horrible.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:11 PM
  #8
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
what about stas and downie for yandle

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 03:39 PM
  #9
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
In a GM connected league coming up I'm Gm of the Avs and you can only make one reg. season trade besides the trade deadline and got offered this:

To Colorado:
Hjalmarsson + Stalberg + 2014 1st + McNeil/Tuevo/2013 1st

To Chicago:
Duchene


I'm very tempted but would have liked to have switched Stastny for Dutch instead but unfortunately the guy is tied up in cap space. Would you consider this offer? Some guy on Phx is up for trading Yandle so I'm seeing if I can put Stasnty in that kind of deal. Seems a lot of teams are interested in Stastny. I could roll with Dutch and Radar anchoring the top two C lines. Ideally I would like a top 4 dman to play with Johnson or a legit top 6 winger
Your tempted to do this? Resign now

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
  #10
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kraków
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,121
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
what about stas and downie for yandle
Staz ( + scraps) for Yandle.
You shouldn't include a guy like Downie who has quite a lot of value in that kind of proposal.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:23 PM
  #11
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick
 
CoachBadkitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Wondering what you guys think of this trade I did in my league:


Stastny,Kobasew,Wilson,2nd

for

Sharp,Seabrook,Kruger


Thoughts?

CoachBadkitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 03:16 AM
  #12
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Staz ( + scraps) for Yandle.
You shouldn't include a guy like Downie who has quite a lot of value in that kind of proposal.
the guy is looking for a young center prospect ideally, is scargbossa or hishon or heard reasonable or is this guy just trying to max out his value of yandle?

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 10:21 AM
  #13
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves
 
Lier X Agerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Wondering what you guys think of this trade I did in my league:


Stastny,Kobasew,Wilson,2nd

for

Sharp,Seabrook,Kruger


Thoughts?
You won that trade hands down.

Lier X Agerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 02:19 PM
  #14
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,828
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Wondering what you guys think of this trade I did in my league:


Stastny,Kobasew,Wilson,2nd

for

Sharp,Seabrook,Kruger


Thoughts?
Uh, so you get someone just as good as Stastny + a top pairing dman? and all you had to give up was Stastny + Kowbascrew + Wilson and a 2nd? You basically got either Sharp or Seabrook for Kowbascrew + Wilson + 2nd.

Why are you even asking if that was a good trade for you?

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 02:21 PM
  #15
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
that OP trade is embarrassingly terrible lol

just a side note, draft picks on NHL games are basically worthless to have so its dumb to trade for them.
if you must at the deadline just trade a couple second rounders for the #1 pick from the stupid AI.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 03:19 PM
  #16
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
that OP trade is embarrassingly terrible lol

just a side note, draft picks on NHL games are basically worthless to have so its dumb to trade for them.
if you must at the deadline just trade a couple second rounders for the #1 pick from the stupid AI.
In GM connected though it's human's your trading with not the AI

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 05:49 PM
  #17
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
What do people think of Stas + 2nd for Yandle?

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:33 PM
  #18
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
In GM connected though it's human's your trading with not the AI
not necessarily. there could be AI managed teams.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 06:56 PM
  #19
clatchie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Warwickshire
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 106
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
It would still be horrible.
Worse, actually. #Stastnyhomeboy

clatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 12:29 AM
  #20
Mouse21*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clatchie View Post
Worse, actually. #Stastnyhomeboy
dont use non-twitter hashtags

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 03:51 AM
  #21
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
dont use non-twitter hashtags
#hater

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 07:48 AM
  #22
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 500
Yea that Duchene deal isnt good. I managed to get Stepan + Girardi + 1st for Duchene in my first deal, but then all trades in the league got voided .

Then I took Vlasic + Roy + Macdonald + 2nd for Duchene, probably could have gotten a little better value out of it, but I wanted Vlasic badly and Roy is a good Center in the game for some reason.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 01:44 AM
  #23
avsfan89
Registered User
 
avsfan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,274
vCash: 500
just an update , I did manage to do a stas trade:

To Colorado:

D Victor Hedman
F Ryan Malone

To Tampa Bay:

F Paul Stastny
F Steve Downie

I really liked this deal, Hedman and Johnson will anchor my blueline in unreal fashion.

avsfan89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.