HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Neuvirth: I advised Vokoun to go to the Penguins

Old
08-22-2012, 05:50 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

vCash: 500
Neuvirth: I advised Vokoun to go to the Penguins

STORY - Michal Neuvirth: I Advised Vokoun to Go to the Penguins; Holtby is my Weakest Competition Yet

Some good parts in here about his thoughts on Holtby, criticizing Semin, criticizing Ovechkin but then comes back around to say he's a good teammate, and that he's glad Dale Hunter is gone but I'll skip ahead to the Penguins-related part:

Quote:
I was the one who advised [Tomas Vokoun] to leave for Pittsburgh. I know he had many offers from Russia, but I told him not to go there especially. Just when I was at his place, a few teams contacted him and I told him to go with the Pens. He has a big chance to win the Stanley Cup there. Besides, they told [Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury] he will play less, because his last playoffs didnít really work out as well. Anyway, whatís written on paper in the summer doesnít mean much, anything can happen during the season. Thatís why I am glad Voky signed with Pittsburgh, I think he did the best thing he could. Iím sure his wife and other guys advised him as well, but maybe my opinion helped him decide as well.
One part of me is like, "Thanks Michal" and the other part is "Bull****. A 36 year-old veteran is going to take that kind of advice from a 24 year-old?" In either case, Michal shot is mouth off, for which, I am grateful and luckily for him, he's on the Caps so probably won't do anything about it. Dysfunction is their order.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:16 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
STORY - Michal Neuvirth: I Advised Vokoun to Go to the Penguins; Holtby is my Weakest Competition Yet

Some good parts in here about his thoughts on Holtby, criticizing Semin, criticizing Ovechkin but then comes back around to say he's a good teammate, and that he's glad Dale Hunter is gone but I'll skip ahead to the Penguins-related part:

One part of me is like, "Thanks Michal" and the other part is "Bull****. A 36 year-old veteran is going to take that kind of advice from a 24 year-old?" In either case, Michal shot is mouth off, for which, I am grateful and luckily for him, he's on the Caps so probably won't do anything about it. Dysfunction is their order.
This guy should keep his mouth shut. Sounds like the Caps have a handfull with him.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Atren

I do not have problem with what he said, nor with idea his advice played part in Vokoun coming here.

I can see why Washington fans might not like this interview as it adds some fuel to fire.

Atren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Neuvirth shouldn't be giving advises to anyone cause he is far from being a starter or a good goalie I expect Holtby to be the starter there this season, and for his weakest competition Holtby did show better things

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:47 AM

Jeez... and people think Orpik takes shots.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:57 AM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

The interesting part of all this for me is that, in reality, it's unrealistic to think that anyone doesn't have thoughts about competing with teammates for roles on the team or grading them as "this guy would be hard to usurp but this other guy I could beat", or that they have only positive things to say about every single guy on their team. So really, is Michal Neuvirth a bad teammate or just a lively interview?

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:59 AM
regard

Keep it up I like the drama(for any other team).

regard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

looks like the caps lost semin, so neuvirth felt he needed to fill the "bad teammate" void. really, the 24 year old who isnt even a starter is giving career advise to the 36 year old vet? and then evertone has thoughts about their teammates' skill levels and even talk bout competing for a job, but anyone who knows anything about even pretending to be good teammate knows you dont call out teammates to the media.

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:49 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by regard View Post
Keep it up I like the drama(for any other team).
Agreed. Let him yap, it'll be funnier when/if they implode this season.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:53 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
looks like the caps lost semin, so neuvirth felt he needed to fill the "bad teammate" void. really, the 24 year old who isnt even a starter is giving career advise to the 36 year old vet? and then evertone has thoughts about their teammates' skill levels and even talk bout competing for a job, but anyone who knows anything about even pretending to be good teammate knows you dont call out teammates to the media.
Exactly! On another subject, you really have to change your sign in name.

Last edited by bigd: 08-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

should be fun in that dressing room with another drama queen they acquired in Ribeiro

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

If that interview is legit, I love it. Another head-case in a leadership position in Washington. It's amazing to me how many players they sign who have some type of personality dysfunction / obvious flaw with their attitude or professionalism. Ovy, Semin, Green, now this guy... he sounds like he's going to be dying alive in a couple years. Is he from Kladno? Maybe there's something in the water?

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
If that interview is legit, I love it. Another head-case in a leadership position in Washington. It's amazing to me how many players they sign who have some type of personality dysfunction / obvious flaw with their attitude or professionalism. Ovy, Semin, Green, now this guy... he sounds like he's going to be dying alive in a couple years. Is he from Kladno? Maybe there's something in the water?
couple years? How about a couple months when there's any controversy over who the starting goalie is?

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:49 AM
vikingGoalie

I'm not sure how much of a head case Nevuith is rather then he should know when to keep his mouth shut.

I mean really to sum it up. He didn't like Dale Hunter, mainly because he didn't start and because he felt the coach was aloof with the goalies.
Semin is skilled but has no work ethic (something everyone already knows).
I didn't really feel he dinged Ovechkin at all, he said he's declined but that he's a great teammate and didn't say it was because of some character flaw.
Only thing I could get out of that is the statement that maybe Semin leaving might get Ovechkin working harder but not sure if that is what he was trying to say or not.

Holtby was on fire in the playoffs. But how many times have we seen lightning in a bottle during a short span like that and then poof it's gone next season. I think Holtby looked more legit then Nevurith as their #1, but in the past Nevurith HAS played better then Holtby.

I would rather my goalies be somewhat over confident, playing in net is like pitching in baseball. As soon as you lose confidence in yourself you're gonna play awful.

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
I'm not sure how much of a head case Nevuith is rather then he should know when to keep his mouth shut.
Let's not split hairs. Part of running your mouth like that is having bad judgement and an inaccurate view of oneself and others. We can't say he's for sure a head-case yet but the signs are there for now. Same deal with guys like Kane, but he's further along the "idiot continuum" for sure because of his cabbie and frat girl skank antics most recently. And his NHL 36 spotlight definitely highlights his dewsh-like qualities. He couldn't even make himself appear likable in a promotion piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
couple years? How about a couple months when there's any controversy over who the starting goalie is?
Well in order to truly die alive, one must first achieve a certain level of success and the subsequent entitlement. Then when you're sure you are the man and that it's your world, the rug is pulled out from under you, you receive criticism you perceive as unfair... and you die alive. Right before you get traded.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post

Well in order to truly die alive, one must first achieve a certain level of success and the subsequent entitlement. Then when you're sure you are the man and that it's your world, the rug is pulled out from under you, you receive criticism you perceive as unfair... and you die alive. Right before you get traded.
in his mind, he has finally achieved being the number one goalie. Now he may lose the spot before he ever actually has it. He might snap.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Gooch

vCash: 692
Man, in the last day or so im seeing all this stuff about how Neuvirth is ripping apart or saying things he shouldnt about each individual teammate. I admire the candidness but it absolutely has to create some extreme friction between him and his current teammates.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Sivek

I imagine this interview like the Chappele Show sketch with the rapper Dylon.

Neuvirth: Who are the five greatest goalies of all time? Think about it. Neuvirth, Neuvirth, Neuvirth, Neuvirth and Neuvirth. Cause I spit hot fire!

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:44 AM
mpp9

I hope Sid lights him up this season.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Caps just have a knack for drafting yappers.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Til the End of Time

keep in mind this interview was translated. his comments are probably a lot more benign in his native tongue.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
keep in mind this interview was translated. his comments are probably a lot more benign in his native tongue.
party pooper.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:14 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
I hope Sid lights him up this season.
Or Geno scores a hat-trick on him. Complete with epic staredown.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:16 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Caps just have a knack for drafting yappers.
We could just call them the Yaps??? Or the Yapitals.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Burgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
I doubt that. European players simply aren't as politically correct and don't filter their statements as much. Especially when they're being interviewed at home where they feel safer. We've seen this "I was misquoted" excuse countless times with Jagr and most recently with Sykora after the Cup win. Nobody's laughing at the thought of Bylsma favoring grinders over skilled floaters anymore today.

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote