HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Detroit (prospects)

Old
08-25-2012, 09:31 AM
Pint O Guinness

vCash: 500
Boston-Detroit (prospects)

Prospect Proposal:

Detroit-Boston

Usually prospect trades don't happen although here are two I'd like to see between these two clubs
Scenario #1

To Boston:

Riley Sheahan : Center, NCAA- Notre Dame, 2010 (21st overall) left handed, 6'2" 200lbs

Riley Sheahan is a good prospect, slated to become a physical power forward with 1st/2nd line potential. His NCAA statistics haven't lived up to the hype but the potential is still there. In a Boston Bruins system I think with his big frame, a couple years in Providence is perfect developing grounds for the kid, especially with a few call ups here and there.

To Detroit:

Alexander Khokhlachev Center, OHL- Windsor, 2011 (40th overall) left handed, 5'11" 188lbs

Alexander Khokhlachev cam over from Russia to play in the OHL with Windsor, his rookie year 2010/11, he tallied 34 goals, and 42 assists for 76 points in 67 games played. In 18 playoff appearances he tallied 9 goals and 11 assists totaling 20 points.
Rumors have him going back to his hometown team of Moscow for the 2012/13 season where his father is head coach. For Boston thats a scary thought. However with Detroit's track record of Russian players, and with Datsyuk still playing likely Khokhlachev's favorite growing up, it would be easier to pry him back over seas for Detroit.

Scenario #2

To Boston:

Brendan Smith : Defence, NHL/AHL Detroit/ Grand Rapids, 2007 (27th overall) left handed 6'2" 195lbs

In his rookie season the graduate Wisconsin Badger tallied, 12 goals, 23 assists, limited to 63 games played due to injuries, that opt him out of the AHL all star game also. Smith has has a great two way game and slated to be a top pairing defenceman in the NHL.

To Detroit:

Jordan Caron : Right Wing, NHL/AHL Boston/ Providence, 2009 (25th overall) left handed 6'2" 202 lbs
or
Ryan Spooner : Left Wing OHL Peterborough, 2010 (45th overall) left handed 5'10" 175 lbs

Matt Bartowski : Defence AHL Providence, acquired in trade with Florida, left handed 6'1" 203lbs

Jordan Caron is a big heavy power forward who may not play an angry aggressive style, but works hard for space, and is good at seperating the opposition from the puck. The past two seasons he has spent as a tweener, seeing his most NHL action this past season, where he amassed 7 goals and 8 assists in 48 games played. He has a talented upside 1st/2nd line potential.

Ryan Spooner was leading the Petes in scoring after 14 games when he requested a trade, He went on to finish 2nd in scoring with his new club in Kingston. In a total of 64 games played he amassed 35 goals and 46 assists, in his 5 playoff games hes scored 4 goals, and 2 assists, 2 goals of which came on the power play. Spooner impriinted a good first impression in Providence after his exit from the OHL playoffs, scoring 2 goals and 1 assist.

Matt Bartowski is strong defender with good size and great mobility, not too mention he is great with one on ones, Solid two way defenceman.He appeared in a 3 game stint with the Bruins this past season, where he tallied 0 points and was just a -1.

Pint O Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 09:36 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

I'll take the first one. No to the second one. You'll have to blow Detroit away for Smith. Too valuable to us atm.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Pint O Guinness

I did figure that and the fact that Boston doesn't exactly have room for Caron probably does hurt his value a bit too, and I do understand with the departure of Lidstrom you can't really afford to lose Smith, I was considering offering up Seidenberg in a deal for Smith

Pint O Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:08 AM
Fire Julien

Hell no to the 1st, hell yes to the 2nd if it's Caron.

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:06 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 50
I's say no to both. We have lot of skill players already, we need big bodies. Sheahan fits that description, I think he could be 4th line center for us next season but for he's offense to develop, I think he's better that he plays in AHL.

Though we do have some potential PFs with Sheahan, I think the more the better.

It's not but value wise though.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:07 AM
BergyWho37

Overpayment on the 1st one and the 2nd one is close if it's Spooner traded for Smith but Detroit needs him and I'd rather have spooner anyways

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:20 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
No thanks to the first deal.

Yes please to the second one if it's Caron. Detroit likely says no though to any players listed in that trade.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:01 PM
solo16

Detroit says no to both. Value aside this is not a hockey trade for Detroit. IMO we give up the better prospects of a type we need more than anything else.

Large Forward (Center) ->Small Skill forward
Skilled Defenseman-> Skilled Forwards

Detroit arguable has the deepest forwards in the league. 16 Clear NHLers and you can make an argument for 19.

Take the names and value away and its just a stupid trade. Why would any team trade a potential top pair offensive dman and a Large Defensive Center with offensive upside for two skilled forwards. Especially when Detroit has a glut of 21-23 skilled forwards.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Petes2424

Honestly think Detroit says no to both of them.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Hamilton

for

Tatar
+
Jensen

see how that one looks?

first one is fine value-wise, but Detroit covets Sheahan due to his style. Not many other forwards of ilk with his potential in our system.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:07 PM
solo16

The real question is would Boston trade Hamilton for Smith?

I think Detroit says no just because we need a Dman now and Smith is more Nhl ready.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:10 PM
newfy

I'm higher on Sheahan then most wing fans are, I think hes going to be at worst a great third line centre. But still Detroit just needs guys like him. A big, physical, tough centerman with size is something Detroit doesnt have in the system besides Sheahan really. I wouldnt make that swap just because of team needs

The second one, theres no chance. Smith might end up being Detroits top defensive scorer this season and is a very highly rated prospect. Hes also a very tough dman which Detroit lacks in the system with his skill set

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Dr Quincy

1st one is fairly close in value, but don't think either team does it. 2nd one is not close at all and Detroit says no.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Marky9er

How about Spooner for Quine again? I don't know if 2 players have been traded for each other at different levels before. Couple smallish players with offensive skills and defensive deficiencies.

Not serious about the proposal, I know Boston really likes Spooner(rightly so)....Quine is a much less hyped up and Detroit wouldn't add if they feel Quine has the same upside.

Marky9er is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
The real question is would Boston trade Hamilton for Smith?

I think Detroit says no just because we need a Dman now and Smith is more Nhl ready.
Serious?

Old
08-25-2012, 12:20 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky9er View Post
Serious?
Only because without Smith who the hell do the wings play this year? Hamilton is obviously a better prospect.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
Only because without Smith who the hell do the wings play this year? Hamilton is obviously a better prospect.
Doesn't really matter, you can find any hack to fill a 4/5/6 slot if you are picking up a likely future top pairing defender. Of course, your not going to get that guy...

Old
08-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Spitsfan67*

""Alexander Khokhlachev cam over from Russia to play in the OHL with Windsor, his rookie year 2010/11, he tallied 34 goals, and 42 assists for 76 points in 67 games played. In 18 playoff appearances he tallied 9 goals and 11 assists totaling 20 points.
Rumors have him going back to his hometown team of Moscow for the 2012/13 season where his father is head coach. For Boston thats a scary thought. However with Detroit's track record of Russian players, and with Datsyuk still playing likely Khokhlachev's favorite growing up, it would be easier to pry him back over seas for Detroit.""

Koko's dad is actually the GM there in Moscow and koko has already said he's going there for only 1 or 2 years and has already signed a entry level contract with the bruins...He's a Very skilled playmaker and I've always thought he would be best in Detroit knowing that Larionov was his idel growing up and I actually think he's his agent if I'm not mistaken...but I think he would fit perfectly in Detroit with the wings.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Doesn't really matter, you can find any hack to fill a 4/5/6 slot if you are picking up a likely future top pairing defender. Of course, your not going to get that guy...
Isn't Smith a likely top pairing defender as well?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
Isn't Smith a likely top pairing defender as well?
LOL. Ok, maybe...but now Hamilton is surefire #1 franchise player.

Old
08-25-2012, 12:42 PM
kalessin

Quote:
Easy there buddy. There's a good chance he becomes a top pairing defenseman. Long way from there to "surefire #1 franchise player".

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalessin View Post
Easy there buddy. There's a good chance he becomes a top pairing defenseman. Long way from there to "surefire #1 franchise player".
I know, I know....I'm just saying that compared to Smith. I'd trade Smith for Hamilton in a heartbeat is all I'm sayin.

Old
08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint O Guinness View Post
Prospect Proposal:

Detroit-Boston

Usually prospect trades don't happen although here are two I'd like to see between these two clubs
Scenario #1

To Boston:

Riley Sheahan : Center, NCAA- Notre Dame, 2010 (21st overall) left handed, 6'2" 200lbs

Riley Sheahan is a good prospect, slated to become a physical power forward with 1st/2nd line potential. His NCAA statistics haven't lived up to the hype but the potential is still there. In a Boston Bruins system I think with his big frame, a couple years in Providence is perfect developing grounds for the kid, especially with a few call ups here and there.

To Detroit:

Alexander Khokhlachev Center, OHL- Windsor, 2011 (40th overall) left handed, 5'11" 188lbs

Alexander Khokhlachev cam over from Russia to play in the OHL with Windsor, his rookie year 2010/11, he tallied 34 goals, and 42 assists for 76 points in 67 games played. In 18 playoff appearances he tallied 9 goals and 11 assists totaling 20 points.
Rumors have him going back to his hometown team of Moscow for the 2012/13 season where his father is head coach. For Boston thats a scary thought. However with Detroit's track record of Russian players, and with Datsyuk still playing likely Khokhlachev's favorite growing up, it would be easier to pry him back over seas for Detroit.

Scenario #2

To Boston:

Brendan Smith : Defence, NHL/AHL Detroit/ Grand Rapids, 2007 (27th overall) left handed 6'2" 195lbs

In his rookie season the graduate Wisconsin Badger tallied, 12 goals, 23 assists, limited to 63 games played due to injuries, that opt him out of the AHL all star game also. Smith has has a great two way game and slated to be a top pairing defenceman in the NHL.

To Detroit:

Jordan Caron : Right Wing, NHL/AHL Boston/ Providence, 2009 (25th overall) left handed 6'2" 202 lbs
or
Ryan Spooner : Left Wing OHL Peterborough, 2010 (45th overall) left handed 5'10" 175 lbs

Matt Bartowski : Defence AHL Providence, acquired in trade with Florida, left handed 6'1" 203lbs

Jordan Caron is a big heavy power forward who may not play an angry aggressive style, but works hard for space, and is good at seperating the opposition from the puck. The past two seasons he has spent as a tweener, seeing his most NHL action this past season, where he amassed 7 goals and 8 assists in 48 games played. He has a talented upside 1st/2nd line potential.

Ryan Spooner was leading the Petes in scoring after 14 games when he requested a trade, He went on to finish 2nd in scoring with his new club in Kingston. In a total of 64 games played he amassed 35 goals and 46 assists, in his 5 playoff games hes scored 4 goals, and 2 assists, 2 goals of which came on the power play. Spooner impriinted a good first impression in Providence after his exit from the OHL playoffs, scoring 2 goals and 1 assist.

Matt Bartowski is strong defender with good size and great mobility, not too mention he is great with one on ones, Solid two way defenceman.He appeared in a 3 game stint with the Bruins this past season, where he tallied 0 points and was just a -1.
I don't know enough about the Detroit prospects to make an informed comment on the value of this proposal, but I do know that Boston likes these kids and that Caron, regardless of some Bruins fans opinions, is most likely going to be a 20+ goal scoring power forward who is excellant defensively and uses his body a heck of a lot more than many Bruins fans seem to think. He doesn't put guys through the boards, he rides guys out of the way and while it doesn't look as dramatic it is probably equally effective.

KoKo went home for 1 year according to him and will be back in North America next season and although it may be a "scary thought" for some FANS, I don't think it is very scary for the team. They seem to be totally on board with this decision.

The Bruins have enough "power forwards" in my opinion and need another skill guy like KoKo or Spooner, I'm not eager to see them go. I also have a feeling that neither of those guys is enough to acquire what I see here being described as a top pairing defender, these guys may spend some time on the first line in their career but I really don't think we are talking about prototypical 1st line guys, more like David Krejci type of 1st line guys and I'm not complaining about that, but a guy like Krejci doesn't get you a #1 D-man, not a great one anyway.

I don't know much about Brendan Smith so I am only going by what people have said here.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Boston
Captain Chara

Yes and yes.

Sheahan has all of the tools to excel in the NHL. He will be a good pro player.

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
That's a very bold claim.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote