HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernie Nicholls

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2005, 04:12 AM
silver_made*

vCash: 500
Bernie Nicholls

Please help me out here. i'd like to learn more about Bernie's career, particularly the portion as a king since I was too young to have seen him in his prime. I am aware of his NYR-EDM trade fiasco, but what kind of player/person was he? His numbers seem rather impressive.

Old
01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_made
Please help me out here. i'd like to learn more about Bernie's career, particularly the portion as a king since I was too young to have seen him in his prime. I am aware of his NYR-EDM trade fiasco, but what kind of player/person was he? His numbers seem rather impressive.
I think I can address a portion of the what type of person was (is) he. I knew Bernie first hand from his days here in LA. He was your typical hockey player first of all. Nice to all of the fans, however, he was also very good friends with my friend Jody. I recall spending a lot of time at Ice-O-plex (mainly because my son was skating and I was already there or I had heard what players would be there that evening) Anyhow, Bernie, nice man, drove a blue jag. He would always come out and sit with us after his skate. We would always ask him to give us his used hockey stick or something else that he might have and sign for us and he never said no. Sometimes he went to the car to get things for us. Like I said, he was pretty good friends with my friend but I can't really comment on that since I really don't know that much about that portion. I think he's a good guy though.

In some ways, this is off topic but I think that the players were more accessable and easier to talk to at the Ice-O-Plex than at HealthSouth. You name the player, they were there.

Old
01-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Mxpunk

Nicholls was a party animal. He dated Playboy Playmates and drove fast cars (once got 2 different speeding tickets within 5 minutes of each other). He was also proud to mention that he was the last guy on the ice for practices and the first guy off!

As for his scoring touch, it was tremendous!

Old
01-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
Nicholls was a party animal.
As for his scoring touch, it was tremendous!
Hey, there were some things that I thought were better off remaining left unsaid

Old
01-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
In all honesty I couldn't stand Nicholls. Something about the guy just rubbed me the wrong way.

Closed Thread