HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Seabrook vs. Edler

Old
08-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Seabrook by a huge margin.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Heh, I guess people still haven't realized that Seabrook helps Keith a ton more these days than Keith helps Seabrook... but what else is new on HF?

Edler racks up a lot of his points on the PP. If he was on the Hawks playing ES minutes with Keith, I am almost 100% sure his point totals would drop. Chicago's PP sucks. And no, Edler wouldn't be the one to fix it. It's not a personnel problem... at least, not at the point.
Pretty much this right here. Seabrook was the Hawks best D-man last year. If the hawks had anyone who could coach a pp to save their life a lot of players would have had better overall point totals. Seabrook has played many times without Keith and looked great, if anything he would probably but up more points with out Keith as Keith usually has the puck and Seabrook focuses more at D.

At this point Seabrook is better overall then Edler, could change but right now its Seabrook. I don't even think there is much of a gap on offense as some say, don't just look at overall points from last season to come up with who is better at offense. Seabrook's points dropped just like a lot of Hawks players due to a lack of a PP. At even strength Seabrook outscored Edler last season.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Sasso09

Not trying to be an ass.... but how is Edler even getting any votes? Seabrook has to be one of the most underrated players in the league now a days.

Seabrook and it's not very close....

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Seabrook

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Brent Seabrook, quite easily.

More consistent physical game, not a huge dropoff in offensive ability and overall, Seabrook is just more consistent.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Henrik To Daniel

seabrook but anyone that uses AINEC in this thread is kidding themselves. it's very close.

when the two players are playing at their absolute best it's edler. but edler has not found the consistency that seabrook has. it will come with time but right now seabrook has him beat.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
pvr
Kruger Line=2.5 Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Seabrook. Edler is a fine player, more offensive while Seabrook is more defensive. In the end, one of these two plays like a drunk in the playoffs. I'll settle for the sober one.
Seabrook also has scored some pretty important playoff goals for the Hawks. Looks like the "scoring advantage" for Edler disappears in the playoffs.

Edler has scored at 7g/20a/27pts/+1 in 55 playoff games
Seabrook has scored at 6g/21a/27pts/+9 in 50 playoff games

pvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 05:18 PM
thekernel

seabrook is a fantastic stabilizing presence but he isn't an outcome-changer the way edler is. edler can dominate a game.

i would take edler because he has the higher upside, even if it comes with a lower downside. it's an easy choice really.

thekernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 05:21 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Canucks fan, I'd take Seabrook. Edler has the tools to be a top ten d-man in the league but hasn't put them together yet. Until he does I have to take the rock hard, stabilizing presence of Seabrook. Edler is too inconsistent. Makes too many McCabe-esque mistakes.

kmad is online now   Reply With Quote