HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Kadri vs. Bozak

Old
08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
TmlHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Kadri vs. Bozak

Strictly between these two, who would you rather see as the Leafs first line centre? In the Toronto Maple Leafs facebooks page, many people post line combos and it's usually one or the other that they put as first line centre.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd rather have Kadri or Connolly as the 1st line centre. Bozak for 3rd line.

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel in the preseason, but Bozak instead if Kadri doesn't connect with them

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

kadri but I still like bozak

mikebel111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

For next season, Bozak.

He has great chemistry with Kessel and is a pretty good playmaker. Defensively, he's pretty reliable. He's solid on the draw, just provides a pretty good all around game. Now I know that sounds like the ideal third line center, which I hope Bozak will be on our team one day, but strictly between Kadri and Bozak, I would trust Bozak much more on that top line. Kadri has shown he is much better on the wing in the NHL.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Kadri, because why the hell not? It's not like we have a 1st place team to risk messing up.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:22 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
For next season, Bozak.

He has great chemistry with Kessel and is a pretty good playmaker. Defensively, he's pretty reliable. He's solid on the draw, just provides a pretty good all around game. Now I know that sounds like the ideal third line center, which I hope Bozak will be on our team one day, but strictly between Kadri and Bozak, I would trust Bozak much more on that top line. Kadri has shown he is much better on the wing in the NHL.
Bozak is a huge liability defensively, I can't count the amount of times the 1st line gets hemmed in their own zone. We need a defensively responsible c on the 1st line because kess and lups are not 2 way players

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Bozak is a huge liability defensively
No he isn't.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:24 PM
RaskY
Re-registered User

Quote:
Bozak is a huge liability defensively, I can't count the amount of times the 1st line gets hemmed in their own zone. We need a defensively responsible c on the 1st line because kess and lups are not 2 way players
Ever thought then the reason they get hemmed in their own zone so often is more because of Kessel and Lupul and not Bozak? You said yourself, Kessel and Lupul aren't very good two-way players.

And Bozak would still be better than Kadri for next season. Kadri needs to play on the wing. He's much better there.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Whydidijoin*

I would like to see Kadri given time, but I don't see a problem going back to Bozak if it doesn't work out.

And lol @ the person who said Bozak is a liability defensively. Major facepalm.

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
binop7

Quote:
Ever thought then the reason they get hemmed in their own zone so often is more because of Kessel and Lupul and not Bozak? You said yourself, Kessel and Lupul aren't very good two-way players.

And Bozak would still be better than Kadri for next season. Kadri needs to play on the wing. He's much better there.
I agree bozak is def better than kadri at this point, but I stand by what I said, bozie turns over the puck like he's handing out candy

Old
08-22-2012, 06:42 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
I agree bozak is def better than kadri at this point, but I stand by what I said, bozie turns over the puck like he's handing out candy
So if Bozak is a HUGE defensive liability as you suggest, and he's still better than Kadri, then you are saying Kadri is an ungodly train wreck on D if I follow the logic correctly?

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:56 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
So if Bozak is a HUGE defensive liability as you suggest, and he's still better than Kadri, then you are saying Kadri is an ungodly train wreck on D if I follow the logic correctly?
Well kadri has some terrible decision making, sometimes he just tries to dangle his way through people, although he's gotten better at dumping the puck in. The only reason I say bozak over kadri at this point is because I think giving kadri 20+ mins a night is like throwing him into the deep end. Maybe I'm a bit hard on bozak, but I don't see him in the future of this team, not skilled enough to be top 6 not tough enough to be bottom 6. Kind of like Sam gagner

Old
08-22-2012, 07:18 PM
IBeL13f

Given what we've seen from both players thus far in their NHL careers, Bozak for this year. He's only just finished his 2nd full NHL season and put up good point totals for a guy most people thought would have zero impact at this level. I think he still has more to show, and this could be a huge year for him to prove that he belongs if he gets the same opportunity this year that he has so far. However, I'm a big Kadri fan, and I hope he gets a look there during training camp and pre-season, because he has more skill than any forward we have outside of Kessel. My main hope for him for this season is that he sticks with the big club all year, but he has all of the talent to come in and be one of our most impressive players.

Having said all of that, I'm one of few people who think that the JVR experiment could pay serious dividends, and unless we get a true #1C via trade, I think he gets a real good shot to convert his game to the middle and take the reins. It should be a very interesting camp, and I'm really excited to see who steals that job, because it's wide open right now.

IBeL13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:32 PM
mokspeed

Call it fortunate (that we have options) or unfortunate (that we don't have a #1 option), I'm pretty sure RC will try Kadri as #1C in at least 1 game in the preseason. Same goes for JvR (probs more than 1). Same goes for Connolly lol - he's made of glass, but he's still a good playmaker.

Bozak is like the insurance - if nothing else works, then put him back in and the chemistry will flow.

mokspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:34 PM
conway902

Quote:

kadri was much better after he was switched back to center last year, I'm not sure how you think he is a better winger.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:36 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

is this thread about facebook?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:46 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
is this thread about facebook?
Yes, this thread is about facebook. I just wanted to see other people's opinions about this because it does seem interesting.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

looking forward to the lockout just THINKING about the fact one of the 2 would be 1st line centers here

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Kessel, Grabo, Lupul, MacA, Steckel,Connolly and Crabb all had more give aways than Bozak.

Grabo was the only forward to have more take aways than Bozak.

Your perception is flawed

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Kessel, Grabo, Lupul, MacA, Steckel,Connolly and Crabb all had more give aways than Bozak.

Grabo was the only forward to have more take aways than Bozak.

Your perception is flawed
Fair enough, but bozaks turn overs stick out like a sore thumb to me for some reason and grabo is vastly overrated by our fanbase, but I digress.

Old
08-22-2012, 08:05 PM
nuck
Axis of Evil

There is almost zero chance Kadri will be a 50 point player this season. Why would you want to give him on the job training on the top line? Let him show he is an everyday guy on the third line first and he will get the chance to work his way into the top 6 if he has the ability. There are always injuries and slumps to shake things up.

I also don't believe he will be a center in the NHL, nor do I actually think BB wants to reduce the size of his already small centers. He needs to play every day thats for sure. The club is bad enough that they don't have the depth to keep him down, and I think they know that. If he absolutely rocks it in preseason then a second line winger role is his best fit, but we'll see.

nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
rdawg1234

I'd prefer bozak. Kadri is a defensive liability and much better suited for the wings. Not saying hes TERRIBLE defensively, but Kessel is also rather defensively poor. Lupul is just average defensively so it would be a defensive mess.

Bozak is a better fit, he can win draws, is decent defensively he's just not up to the 1st line standard offensively.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

Quote:
Fair enough, but bozaks turn overs stick out like a sore thumb to me for some reason and grabo is vastly overrated by our fanbase, but I digress.
So let me get this straight.. Bozak is terrible defensively, a turnover machine and Grabovski also isn't very good and overrated by "our" franchise.. okay, dude gtfo.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I love both of them and been cheering both of them on crazily. I know many gave up on bozie at the start of last season but a very few along with myself knew he was gonna surprise a lot of people. Kadri still has to show up in the bigs but he is blessed with all the tools that can help him get there. IF Kadri had Bozak defensive game atm....he would become our instant favourite and the number one center we crave.

If I was to part with one with, I'd part with Bozak. As great as he is and even though he is a proven commodity, he doesn't have that skill that Kadri has. Kadri also is trying his ass off to get up in the bigs and has shown everytime he is willing to learn, Eakins and his game in the AHL is proof of that. If all goes well he might be our solution to the number one spot, the chance is slim but it is better no chance at all.