See, the name "Hank" is perfect. I'm not sure why we haven't thought of using our usernames with this method...Hank is perfect. The last name's Polish or something too, so it adds to the whole "Big" aura.
We could always wait out for Big Ben Maxwell to get called up.
Oh ****!! Shakey Rustie out of nowhere with a solid contribution.
The only thing I don't like about Big Ben Maxwell is the fact that there's that clock called "Big Ben" in the UK. I hate how people would take away from the perfection that is "BIG BEN MAXWELL" by calling to memory same lame-o clock somewhere.
Originally Posted by Grind
Edit: i thought about it, and it hink Hank is just one of those names that works with the "Big" thing... Big Hank, and Big Al are gonna be gold no matter what name follows.
Big Mark Stuart works, but it'd be a lot better if his last name was one syllable.
Big Mark Flood is a perfect example of this. The fact that he's a fringe NHLer makes it even better. Mark Stuart is a defensive stalwart for the Jets and his pluckiness makes it fit...but the fact that he's starting for the team every night makes it harder to give him the "BIG" moniker.
You need a bit of under-doggedness to really make it pure.
1. Big Jim Slater (The definition of "Big". Not that big, plucky, hard working, fan favourite, drops the mitts once in a while, plays hard. Good old-fashioned first name. Everything about this guy works.)
2. Big Ron Hainsey (With the first name "Ron" you can't help but agree that "Big" just works. My buddies and I have started calling him "BR Hainsey")
3. Big Al Montoya (unbelievably perfect. He sounds like a gangster that plays hockey)
4. Big Mark Flood (The fact that he's hardly an NHLer makes it even better)
4. Big Chris Thorburn (too big, technically)
5. Big Blake Wheeler (too big, as well. Would be better at 6'0" flat)
6. Big Mark Stuart. (Wish his last name was one syllable)
7. Big Kyle Wellwood. (Goofy looking, not that big, sort of a floater. Somehow works)
8. Big Evander Kane (Doesn't work at all)
9. Big Alexei Ponikarovsky (Not even close)
10. Big Dustin Byfuglien (Everyone knows him as Big Buff. That's not his real name. Defies logic. Somehow just doesn't work)