HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Yzerman Leaves Practice With Sore Knee

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 06:40 AM
50 Mission Cap

vCash: 500
Yzerman Leaves Practice With Sore Knee

http://www.detnews.com/2003/wings/03...h01-275839.htm

Old
09-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
All depends on the details - Pronger didn't play in the Blues intersquad scrimmages after the first day b/c of soreness in his surgically repaired knee but by all accounts it's minor and they just didn't want to risk him going out, compensating for the soreness and screwing something else up.

Still, something to keep an eye on as camp continues....but I don't read too much into that unless there's more to the story than "it's just sore".

09-19-2003, 06:50 AM
X8oD

really watch if he doesnt play Saturday. Tomorrows game is a pre-season home opener that is on TV here in Detroit. hasek is slated to Start, so there is going to be allot of people watching that game.

if he doesnt play the, then there is something to wonder about.

but I think this is going to happen all year. and as Newsguyone said on another board, you are expecting a few things from Yzerman, 100% painfree season isnt one of them.

Old
09-19-2003, 06:53 AM
IGM

Get used to reading that this year Wing fan. I don't like the Wings but I think that a few of it's players are among the best to play the game. Certainly H O F ers. I was glad to see Capt America come back for one more season as I want to see a guy with his character and skill play a couple more times before he hangs em up. I just hope that he can keep it together enough to be effective. I would hate to see a guy like him out there play at half of his ability and take some of the shine off of what should be remembered as one of the greatest team leaders and competitors our game has seen.

I would say that he is right there below Messier as far as skill and leadership and a couple of steps ahead in the heart department. Stay healthy Stevie, you may have to watch your team get eliminated n teh first round again this year but that doesn't mean that we don't want to see you do it.

Closed Thread