HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Lockout Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2012, 06:33 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350

Should Gaborik just take the year off to workout and skate lightly?

Last time, Nash played in the Swiss League and Richards played a handful of games in the RSL. Lundqvist would probably go to the Swedish Elite League. I don't know a whole lot about European hockey but I think the SEL would be the best option. The KHL is no doubt more competitive, but that league is sketchy.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:06 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
I'd love for all of them to play for Rosenborg in the Norwegian Elite League

Old
08-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
The ones ineligible for AHL should come to Stockholm and play for AIK. We won't be able to pay them, so they just have to really want to play in Stockholm.

If there is a full-season lockout, Fröunda will steamroll the league like last time. Lundqvist + Karlsson + Eriksson = Game over. Modo will manage to fail somehow despite having the Sedins + Hedman + Enström.

AIK will have to put their hopes to a former goalie returning, like Thomas, Kiprusoff, Bäckström, V. Fasth or Gustavsson.

If Stepan goes to Europe he'll have an awesome year, that kid was made to pay on big ice. He was by far the best US player in the 2011 World Championships. I also see McDonagh excelling with his skating prowess, but I think Del Zotto would struggle.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:43 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
Should Gaborik just take the year off to workout and skate lightly?

Last time, Nash played in the Swiss League and Richards played a handful of games in the RSL. Lundqvist would probably go to the Swedish Elite League. I don't know a whole lot about European hockey but I think the SEL would be the best option. The KHL is no doubt more competitive, but that league is sketchy.
By the time Gaborik is ready to play, the NHL will be back in business.

Until then, I want all NYR players to stay away from the KHL at all costs.

Play in the Czech League, The SEL and even in Finland.

Think Frolunda would mind having Henrik back for a few games?

Kreider, Hagelin and MDZ should play in Hartford (MDZ on a 25 game TO)

Old
08-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2650
The SEL.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." — -31-
Old
08-13-2012, 10:36 AM
petejudge

vCash: 500
in my beer league

but in reality, any european league as long as they are far away from the KHL.

Old
08-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

If you want to see the players back in NY a year later, avoid the KHL.

Old
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I'd like to see those who are eligible head to the Whale and stay within the organization/system so the brass can keep a close eye on them.

For the older vets who might need some better competition, anywhere but the KHL is fine by me

Old
08-13-2012, 12:08 PM
broadwayblue

NHL's pay to Bettman nears $8 Million

Old
08-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

At home with their dreidels. No one gets hurt. Except maybe Gaborik.

Old
08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
NYR Viper

I would hope the young players play in the AHL. Hagelin, Stepan, McDonagh, Kreider, Bickel, Haley.

The others I hope they go in groups. Richards + Nash to SEL?

Old
08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
NYR Viper

I would hope the young players play in the AHL. Hagelin, Stepan, McDonagh, Kreider, Bickel, Haley.

The others I hope they go in groups. Richards + Nash to SEL?

Old
08-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

If Lundqvist would go like to play for Frolunda I think both parties would be thrilled. The other guys I am not so certain, probably Stralman will play in Sweden.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Swedish Elite League.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:50 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

That piece of crap is making nearly 8 million dollars and yet they're talking about locking out??? I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
That piece of crap is making nearly 8 million dollars and yet they're talking about locking out??? I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous.
Yeah, how bad can they be doing if his contract is worse than Nash's?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:10 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, how bad can they be doing if his contract is worse than Nash's?
Seriously, he gets paid within the top-5 of players, yet, they're talking lockout?

Greedy piece of ****.

They raise the cap each and each year and they want to take more and more from the players. The last time, I thought the players were the greedy ones... all the signs point to the owners. All this talk of economic prosperity and the NHL booming financially and they're trying to get the players to give up more.

What a ****ing joke.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:12 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Stay far away from the KHL.

Preferably Elitserien or AHL.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Seriously, he gets paid within the top-5 of players, yet, they're talking lockout?

Greedy piece of ****.

They raise the cap each and each year and they want to take more and more from the players. The last time, I thought the players were the greedy ones... all the signs point to the owners. All this talk of economic prosperity and the NHL booming financially and they're trying to get the players to give up more.

What a ****ing joke.
to be honest with you, for the job that gary bettman has done for his employers, the owners, he should be paid a hell of a lot more than he does.

think about it. gary bettman gets paid to be the leader of a multi billion dollar corporation. thats not an easy task to do, no matter your feelings towards him.

i am so sick of seeing these selfish whiney players on twitter, especially Brad Richards and Hank tweeting their feelings on this. Last time I checked, Brad Richards made $22 million in a calendar year for playing a game. yes thats right, a game. not leading a multi billion dollar corporation.

the players just look so bad retweeting and tweeting about bettmans salary, they need to realize that they play a friggen game and are way overpaid at that.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Meanwhile a former NHL governor thinks there is plenty of room for the NHL to move from their initial offer, which called for the players' share of league revenues to be cut from 57 per cent to 46 per cent or even less depending on a new definition of hockey-related revenue, but the players will have to give up something.

"We're generating a lot of revenue, but we're investing to get it," the former governor said. "The guys at MSG are investing a billion dollars (renovating Madison Square Garden). That's going to drive up revenue and the players are going to benefit from it but they didn't put up one penny of that billion."
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._negotiations/

Agree with that.

Apparently Fehr will offer a luxury tax system. Hopefully that's not accurate. Its in the article. The NHL won't accept that.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:27 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
to be honest with you, for the job that gary bettman has done for his employers, the owners, he should be paid a hell of a lot more than he does.

think about it. gary bettman gets paid to be the leader of a multi billion dollar corporation. thats not an easy task to do, no matter your feelings towards him.

i am so sick of seeing these selfish whiney players on twitter, especially Brad Richards and Hank tweeting their feelings on this. Last time I checked, Brad Richards made $22 million in a calendar year for playing a game. yes thats right, a game. not leading a multi billion dollar corporation.

the players just look so bad retweeting and tweeting about bettmans salary, they need to realize that they play a friggen game and are way overpaid at that.
Without selfish, whiney players like Brad Richards and Henrik Lundqvist, this game doesn't exist, therefore Gary Bettman is still ****ing up some other multi-billion dollar corporation named the NBA. Without the selfish whiney players, would you still be watching this game? I know some would, but not all and the NHL would crash and burn.

Last time around, the players were making a significant amount more in the percentage of NHL revenues. This time, the gap isn't nearly as wide, and with the owners and Bettman talking about how well the game is prospering financially, there should be no reason for radical changes or the players to keep giving back money.

Would you be happy if you were forced to give back 25% of your salary when you were being told that your job was at a near all-time high in terms economic stimulation? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, the players are selfish and greedy too. We've seen it from them before, but in this case, the owners being overly greedy and there's no need for this. They could have just extended the existing CBA and everything could have been fine.

Gary Bettman is not the direct contributor of the on-ice product. When he magically finds the fountain of youth and acquires the skills to be an NHL hockey player, than he can make as much as they do.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/..._negotiations/

Agree with that.

Apparently Fehr will offer a luxury tax system. Hopefully that's not accurate. Its in the article. The NHL won't accept that.
Well, MSG didn't put up much of the money either. They got Chase to pay for it.

And why won't the NHL accept a luxury tax system?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post

I have trouble feeling bad for the owners when they are the ones offering players these ridiculous salaries. If you think that they are making to much, don't offer them the salary in the 1st place.

If your team is not making money, odds are its not because of a player like Richards, more likely you as an owner have put together an incompetent corporate team to run the organization.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2650
How many players are allowed to play in the AHL?

Old
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

NHL overexpanded into markets that couldn't function properly, Bettman is to blame for this. He should have been able to see that without a player like Gretzky who was marketable beyond anything that he couldn't sustain interest in markets dominated by other sports in climates that don't support a sport played in cold weather. The Atlanta Flames didn't work, what made Bettman think the Thrashers would thrive there? Columbus has a good fanbase, but has terrible ownership and front office management. They COULD be a very good franchise if ran properly.

Florida, Atlanta, Phoenix, Nashville. These are poorly run teams who don't make great money because they're in piss poor markets with mediocre ownership. Tampa Bay has had better ownership and managament. Smarter hockey minds need to be at the front of these organizations for them to sustain themselves.

Key words there... "SUSTAIN THEMSELVES". Stop holding onto teams who are dragging this league down.

Why should the players have to give back because of upper management incompetence? Why should the players who were offered these contracts BY THE OWNERS have to give back because of their greed?

It's one giant joke.

Closed Thread