HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

The Movie Thread

Old
08-28-2012, 08:47 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
A-Gon and Wood both **** the bed. Farnsworth also stunk up the joint.
Agreed but what about Prior? He deserves a lot of blame too, had the knife on their throat and then imploded. Why was he *****ing so much for fan interference? Baker too, he deserves a lot of blame, Zambrano should have been warming up to be first out of the pen if we needed him.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 09:00 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I don't agree with that at all. I know quite a few die hard lifelong cubs fans who still blame bartman.
Then like I said the first time... They're idiots.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 09:04 AM
coldsteelonice84

There are so many people to blame, and yes, you're god damned right Bartman is one of them, but his share is only about 20%. I'm just not one of those people to shed tears for baby ****-up and tell him everything is all right. He is part responsible and people definitely took it way too far and he was wronged for having to go through that. I sympathize with that aspect, no doubt, but that doesn't change the fact he was a part of this too.

It breaks down something like this for me:

40% AGone
20% Bartman
20% Baker
20% Prior

Old
08-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
There are so many people to blame, and yes, you're god damned right Bartman is one of them, but his share is only about 20%. I'm just not one of those people to shed tears for baby ****-up and tell him everything is all right. He is part responsible and people definitely took it way too far and he was wronged for having to go through that. I sympathize with that aspect, no doubt, but that doesn't change the fact he was a part of this too.

It breaks down something like this for me:

40% AGone
20% Bartman
20% Baker
20% Prior
How about Kerry Wood for not being able to get anyone out in game 7?

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 09:50 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
How about Kerry Wood for not being able to get anyone out in game 7?
You have to put yourself back in that moment. Every Cubs fan I know had little if any hope of winning that game 7. We watched, sure, but honest to God, nobody thought that game meant anything. Why? The curse. Now, I don't believe in it whatsoever. But when it comes to the Cubs, it is as real as can be. It's a mentality that something bad is going to happen and it's in the players minds when they are on the field and it leads to these implosions. That's all it needs to be real. Particularly, the 2003-2004 Cubs were the most dysfunctional sports team I have ever followed, AINEC. Ramirez and Alou booked flights to the Dominican following game 6.

So to answer your question, yeah, the Cubs had a shot to make up for it in Game 7, but Kerry Wood didn't have good stuff that night. It was obvious from the start, he battled as best he could and the home run epitomized the effort he was putting into that game. In the end, he had a bad game, and simply said "I sucked" when he met the press. He was the MVP of the division series against Atlanta. I'm disappointed in him for the loss in game 7 but I'm also the realistic. Their chance to win that series was game 6 and the guys on the field didn't get it done due to a string of bizarre circumstances that they allowed to affect them. You throw moneyball out the window with the Cubs, they just can't get the curse out of their heads and it makes them nervous out there.

Old
08-28-2012, 03:22 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Can you PM me something a little more detailed plot wise?
I tried, it didn't want to go through. Weird. I actually wrote some music for it last night, think I am going to lay down at least part of the soundtrack myself...at least this "song". It's just bass, percussion and keyboards. I really am going to have this thing done by the end of the winter, re-writes and all, then I'm going to get it registered and copyrighted with the assistance of an entertainment lawyer. I really want to get that part right. I know lawyers are expensive. If I can save about $1500 until then, I hope it is enough to get that part of it down and then learn more about where to go from there. I'm not ****ing around with that aspect. I think I may try to secure the budget myself once the thing is iron clad. At that point I will send you the script in full. I'll be sending it out to people all over the world trying to get people in the industry with money behind me so I can produce it myself. Obviously, I am going to need a tremendous amount of help and support and I don't expect that part to be easy but that's one of those things where you just keep banging on the door.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:22 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

My favorite directors right now are probably David Fincher and Chris Nolan.

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:06 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchruteFarms View Post
My favorite directors right now are probably David Fincher and Chris Nolan.
I like Fincher a lot too. The Game is one of my favorite movies. Nolan, I've only seen Memento (which I like a lot), The Prestige (pretty good) and Insomnia (decent). I'll take the recommendation and check out his other films. I know I'm like the only person on Earth that hasn't seen the Batman movies. I'm not really into the whole comic book thing and disliked the Batman movies quite a bit growing up. But obviously I've heard great things about them.

Old
08-30-2012, 10:53 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I like Fincher a lot too. The Game is one of my favorite movies. Nolan, I've only seen Memento (which I like a lot), The Prestige (pretty good) and Insomnia (decent). I'll take the recommendation and check out his other films. I know I'm like the only person on Earth that hasn't seen the Batman movies. I'm not really into the whole comic book thing and disliked the Batman movies quite a bit growing up. But obviously I've heard great things about them.
You're not missing much with the Batman movies.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:57 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You're not missing much with the Batman movies.
Yeah, the only one I am remotely interested in seeing is Dark Knight because of the eerieness around it being Ledger's last move and (supposedly) his best performance.

Old
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I never liked the batman movies either, but I think the dark knight movies are great.

TorMenT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Yeah, the only one I am remotely interested in seeing is Dark Knight because of the eerieness around it being Ledger's last move and (supposedly) his best performance.
His performance was good but the movie was just ok IMO. I'm a pretty harsh critic on movies and prefer to see something that has not been done before. Most of the blockbuster stuff Hollywood releases is garbage IMO.

I did like Memento and Insomnia.

Old
08-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Inception was a great film... by Nolan

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
His performance was good but the movie was just ok IMO. I'm a pretty harsh critic on movies and prefer to see something that has not been done before. Most of the blockbuster stuff Hollywood releases is garbage IMO.

I did like Memento and Insomnia.
Agreed 1000%. Unfortunatley, due to a lack of creativity in the world right now, we're stuck with mostly garbage. Talk about a ****ing drought of epic proportions.....movies, music, books, etc., it's just nothing like it once was, very little originality; and the fact that people are eating up Hangover 2, 3, etc, remakes of movies like ****ing Total Recall........man, what a joke.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:02 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Agreed 1000%. Unfortunatley, due to a lack of creativity in the world right now, talk about a ****ing drought of epic proportions.....movies, music, books, etc., it's just nothing like it once was, very little originality; and the fact that people are eating up Hangover 2, 3, etc, remakes of movies like ****ing Total Recall........man, what a joke.
They are fricken remaking everything. Judge Dread. Haha..

Old
08-30-2012, 12:03 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
They are fricken remaking everything. Judge Dread. Haha..
Oh my God, I didn't even know about that one. I think creative people in general need to take a little advice from Tony Montana, "It's one great big ***** just waiting to get ****ed"

Old
09-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
So as a kid Robocop was a movie I enjoyed (Still do)

Of course Hollywood decided it needed remake

And this is the horrendous result

Looks like a cheap imitation Batman ,, Not Robocop

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
coldsteelonice84

Jesus, what a joke. Why the remakes? Also, please put in the movie thread. They should call him RubberCop. Looks like the material they make trash cans out of.

On the remakes, is it because:

Lack of creativity these days....we see it across the board in entertainment, music, television

The audience demands remakes (simple minded, willing to spend money on the cheap thrill)

Money...obviously this plays into the previous one, production companies wouldn't be forcing the remakes on us if they weren't profitable

Combination, if so, how much of each?

Last edited by coldsteelonice84: 09-17-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old
09-22-2012, 06:33 PM
bct27

Yea, loved The Game. Memento was also very good. For directors, my favorite is David Lynch.

A few others to throw out there for entertainment value. Not my favorite movies, but some good ones I enjoy...

The new Sherlock Holmes movies are fun to watch from start to finish. I've been watching the british TV series "Sherlock" on Netflix too, which is awesome.

Big Lebowski--must see

Murder at 1600--on TV *all* the time, and I can never change the channel when I see it on. I don't know why, but this movie is so good.

The Rock--there are very few Nicolas Cage movies that I can stomach, but this is a good one

bct27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 09:01 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct27 View Post
Yea, loved The Game. Memento was also very good. For directors, my favorite is David Lynch.

A few others to throw out there for entertainment value. Not my favorite movies, but some good ones I enjoy...

The new Sherlock Holmes movies are fun to watch from start to finish. I've been watching the british TV series "Sherlock" on Netflix too, which is awesome.

Big Lebowski--must see

Murder at 1600--on TV *all* the time, and I can never change the channel when I see it on. I don't know why, but this movie is so good.

The Rock--there are very few Nicolas Cage movies that I can stomach, but this is a good one
You're bordering on blasphemy, sir.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 08:18 AM
bct27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeLincolnsGhost View Post
You're bordering on blasphemy, sir.
I'm glad I didn't say the other thing I was thinking! Which is that he falls in the Keanu Reeves/Brendan Fraser Club for me. Oops, I said it.

bct27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:55 AM
madgoat33

nicholas cage is horrible. the worst thing that could have happened was his bankruptcy because now instead of being in 1 **** movie every year or two, he's in 2-3 **** movies a year whoring himself out for money.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 02:16 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

I'm really excited for Looper.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Dredd bombed at US box office this weekend

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 04:11 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Some of you don't seem to remember when Cage was making some great movies (Vampire's Kiss, Moonstruck). Many of his movies are awesome because of how terrible they are. Plus he's had some good films here and there even after he started making the mindless, crappy stuff: Adaptation, The Weather Man.

I said what I said as a joke, and I may, admittedly, be a bit of a bleeding heart who hates to see people get crapped on. However, his career hasn't been the absolute ****-hole that people make it out to be. And he certainly isn't some talent-less hack.

I realize he doesn't need to be defended here. People just deserve better treatment.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote