HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

isles' next 2 firsts and a second?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-01-2012, 10:39 AM
  #51
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 9,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Value might be fair, but it'd be STUPID for Oil to trade Eberle for any Isles package that doesn't include Tavares. And they don't need a center, so they don't even need Tavares
Lol Tavares would instantly become the best player on the team, but they don't need him. The trade is a terrible idea, but to say a team doesn't need Tavares is just moronic. The only team that can say they don't need Tavares is maybe the Penguins with Crosby and Malkin ahead of him. One of the worst teams in the NHL suddenly has no need for a top line young center

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 11:01 AM
  #52
Dr Quincy
Registered User
 
Dr Quincy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 17,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
who would they be able to get in a kessel-esque trade?

looking at Seguin, Eberle, Duchene, Skinner, Bogosian, OEL and players with value around that

would something like this ever happen and do you think there are any situations where it would equally benefit both teams?
Ok, u say a "Kessel-like deal" but none of the above players are in a Kessel-like situation. There was a reason the Bruins were willing to deal a young offensive star player. Those reasons aren't there for the above players, so no, no deal for Isles picks would get any of them.

As for the idea of dealing a bunch of nice picks right now? Doubt it would get you what you'd think. At this point teams won't trade really good young roster players for picks. They'll want to see what they have as he season unfolds. The time to make a deal like this is later in the season when a team gets desperate. Right now everyone is full of hope and optimism.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 03:21 PM
  #53
Morlesio14*
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The 416
Country: North Korea
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Leafs 1st 2013
Leafs 1st 2014
Leafs 2nd 2013
Clarke MacArthur

Morlesio14* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 03:25 PM
  #54
KarmaPolice
Antics
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,746
vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Leafs 1st 2013
Leafs 1st 2014
Leafs 2nd 2013
Clarke MacArthur
Only if you throw in Bozak.

KarmaPolice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
  #55
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
Leafs 1st 2013
Leafs 1st 2014
Leafs 2nd 2013
Clarke MacArthur
Since when did MacArthur have any value, with Eberle on TO's team they would not be as low and there for the picks would be too high.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 03:45 PM
  #56
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,641
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
to the isles
Eberle

to the oilers
Josh Bailey
2013 isles first
2014 isles first
2014 isles second

just the thought of eberle and tavares on the same line

i know it would probably never happen, unless eberle suddenly hates edmonton and openly wants out

but is value fair?
Imo it's not a deal Snow makes. We know from the press reports that he's shopped his last 3 high lottery picks, demanding a 20-22 yr old potential star in return each time. A few months ago, Newsday used PK Subban as an example of the type of return Snow wanted.

Now you think Snow would move Bailey+ 2013 1st rounder+2014 1st rounder + 2014 2nd rounder for Eberle?

Snow gives those interviews and talks about trades having to make sense..just say in

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 05:00 PM
  #57
flashy
Fire Tambellini.
 
flashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,666
vCash: 360
Meh. I can assure you jt is much better then ebs. Ebs is getting really overrated in this thread.

It's a gamble for the oil, but most likely we will lose this deal.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 09:14 PM
  #58
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey McMoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24,319
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Holy smokes overvaluing Eberle on this thread. Yikes.

You could get significantly more from anyone for a package that will be top 5 picks for the next two years. Eberle is good, and valuable, but not even close to that pick package... Smokes.
I'd be different if it was a decent team giving the first picks, but these will be huge picks rofl.
We aren't talking about the value in general. To the Oilers what's a few picks worth? We have a deep prospect pool and are looking to make a jump to the playoffs this season. We aren't going to trade a guy who at the age of 22 is already elite for anything short of Tavares.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 09:18 PM
  #59
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey McMoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24,319
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Lol Tavares would instantly become the best player on the team, but they don't need him. The trade is a terrible idea, but to say a team doesn't need Tavares is just moronic. The only team that can say they don't need Tavares is maybe the Penguins with Crosby and Malkin ahead of him. One of the worst teams in the NHL suddenly has no need for a top line young center
While I agree the original comment was kind of dumb, in all honesty I don't think Tavares would be playing ahead of Nuge on the Oilers. However, we need a strong #2 center much more than the winger, and as much as I love Eberle we'd trade him for Tavares.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 09:19 PM
  #60
KarmaPolice
Antics
 
KarmaPolice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In Limbo
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,746
vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
We have the guy we want already (Eberle). Why set ourselves back and hope to get another one through the draft? The fans are running out of patience as it is. We now have a window with the players we have drafted. Trading any of them for picks would completely **** this up. And why? So that you can have one of the players? Oilers mgmt doesn't care about your team. They're trying to make a winner out of this team after too many years of losing. This trade isn't happening, regardless of the value (which is fine, but it's irrelevant).

Eberle WILL NOT BE TRADED. End of story. If you can't comprehend that simple idea, then keep this asinine thread going if you must. The value is fine, but who cares; it doesn't matter because it won't happen.

If the picks are so hunky dory, then draft your own Eberle with them. Christ.


Last edited by KarmaPolice: 09-01-2012 at 09:27 PM.
KarmaPolice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 09:53 AM
  #61
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,641
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
We aren't talking about the value in general. To the Oilers what's a few picks worth? We have a deep prospect pool and are looking to make a jump to the playoffs this season. We aren't going to trade a guy who at the age of 22 is already elite for anything short of Tavares.
Makes sense.

Why is it that Oiler fans in this thread,can grasp the idea that they have ' their guy' , are pleased with his development and won't move him unless wildly overpayed, but in the Hedman to Edmonton thread, they don't understand TB fans feeling the same way about Hedman ?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2012, 09:54 AM
  #62
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,641
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
We have the guy we want already (Eberle). Why set ourselves back and hope to get another one through the draft? The fans are running out of patience as it is. We now have a window with the players we have drafted. Trading any of them for picks would completely **** this up. And why? So that you can have one of the players? Oilers mgmt doesn't care about your team. They're trying to make a winner out of this team after too many years of losing. This trade isn't happening, regardless of the value (which is fine, but it's irrelevant).

Eberle WILL NOT BE TRADED. End of story. If you can't comprehend that simple idea, then keep this asinine thread going if you must. The value is fine, but who cares; it doesn't matter because it won't happen.

If the picks are so hunky dory, then draft your own Eberle with them. Christ.
Isles think they have, in 19 yr old Strome.

We'll give it a few yrs and see.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.