HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Will Score More, Regin vs. Turris

View Poll Results: Who Will Score More?
Peter Regin 9 6.34%
Kyle Turris 133 93.66%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-25-2012, 01:17 PM
  #51
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madskillz65 View Post
Cool poll, bro
save your pick up lines for the club

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 01:17 PM
  #52
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
save your pick up lines for the club


Excellent, Q.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:41 PM
  #53
Senateurs
No rispek!!
 
Senateurs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,532
vCash: 500
Who ever plays with Spezza. I think Turris would be an amazing sniper with Spezza.

Senateurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:12 PM
  #54
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senateurs View Post
Who ever plays with Spezza. I think Turris would be an amazing sniper with Spezza.
Well, all three are natural centers.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:57 AM
  #55
Scooter Magee*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
The kids are alright

Whatever happens, its awesome we have them both

Scooter Magee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:32 AM
  #56
Melnyks Mirage
We're doomed.
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cumberland
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,476
vCash: 100
Regin is going to get injured so if he scores more than Turris we are in deep kimshee...

Melnyks Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:21 AM
  #57
McFist
@*$&$#!!
 
McFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Θttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,082
vCash: 500
I like both of them, expect comparable totals, but I go with Turret because he'll get a better chance as 2C.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that Regin could end up as Alfie & Turris' LW if the tenderness is expected to play with Spez. If that's the case, it could be close...still go with Turris by a hair.


Last edited by McFist: 08-30-2012 at 09:27 AM.
McFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:27 PM
  #58
Polakdave
Official Sens' Polak
 
Polakdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Poland
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFist View Post
I like both of them, expect comparable totals, but I go with Turret because he'll get a better chance as 2C.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that Regin could end up as Alfie & Turris' LW if the tenderness is expected to play with Spez. If that's the case, it could be close...still go with Turris by a hair.
Tender is starting the season on the top-6, and I'm assuming Silfv will too. 9MM and Alfie obviously make up the other 2 top-6... So unless Tender gets hurt or gets bumped down to line-3 with Smith (which I think would be best, actually), Regin is stuck with a bottom-6 role

Polakdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:35 PM
  #59
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,771
vCash: 500
Not sure how these two can even be compared at this point...

Even if Regin by some miracle can outscore Turris, who would bet on that?

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:40 PM
  #60
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65
 
Patvolcom65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New-Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Not sure how these two can even be compared at this point...

Even if Regin by some miracle can outscore Turris, who would bet on that?
CarknerCountry like the time he bet Filatov would score more then Kessel or so

Patvolcom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:49 PM
  #61
BlazingRoy
Cacaw
 
BlazingRoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
trick question the right answer is daugavins with 50 goals

BlazingRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 12:17 AM
  #62
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,879
vCash: 500
The organization has too much tied up in Turris to allow him to lose.

The best Regin could do is steal the #2 C job for the playoffs.

On a more even playing field, I could Regin nudging him well before the playoffs.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 12:49 AM
  #63
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,446
vCash: 500
If you were asking about Regin 2-3 years ago versus todays Kyle Turris i would have said the edge would go to Regin but in a current comparison Turris by miles.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:13 AM
  #64
HappyDude
Fire Cameron
 
HappyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,341
vCash: 500
results are too close to call. I demand a recount

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:29 AM
  #65
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
The organization has too much tied up in Turris to allow him to lose.

The best Regin could do is steal the #2 C job for the playoffs.

On a more even playing field, I could Regin nudging him well before the playoffs.
Not really. 3.5 million isn't an overbearing amount for a 3rd line center. A bit much yes, thats assuming Regin miraculously improves offensively and starts burying more chances consistently.

Besides, Regin really hasn't shown as much offensively. He would be a more ideal 3rd line center.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
  #66
Do Make Say Think
d00 da Bieber
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 24,524
vCash: 500
Regin seems like he would be a great fit on Turris' wing. Regin reminds me a lot of Alfredsson in the way that he seems to have good chemistry with almost anyone he's on a line with and has very very good hockey sense.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 12:59 AM
  #67
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Not really. 3.5 million isn't an overbearing amount for a 3rd line center. A bit much yes, thats assuming Regin miraculously improves offensively and starts burying more chances consistently.

Besides, Regin really hasn't shown as much offensively. He would be a more ideal 3rd line center.
3.5 million isn't the problem, 6 years is. They will give Turris many more chances than they ever would Regin at this point in both of their careers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Regin seems like he would be a great fit on Turris' wing. Regin reminds me a lot of Alfredsson in the way that he seems to have good chemistry with almost anyone he's on a line with and has very very good hockey sense.
With finesse players... yes.
With grinding, cycle players... not so much.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 09:10 AM
  #68
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
3.5 million isn't the problem, 6 years is. They will give Turris many more chances than they ever would Regin at this point in both of their careers.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't see how locking in a young talent like Turris, long term, at a decent cap rate is such a problem.

Ever since the Detroit series he has shown he belongs in the NHL, and his talent is quite undeniable.

If Regin miraculously ends up a better center, great, there are other options. Previous poster mentioned Regin on wing for Turris, or even vice versa. I think Turris would be one hell of a sniping winger. This contract doesn't handcuff this team. His puck control and offensive talent is on a different level of any of the prospects coming up, there will be room for him on this team, there is no mistaking that.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
  #69
DeVoice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
I am gonnah go out on a limb and say that after a player gets injured (only a mild sprain)
Regin will be placed on the line with Turris and they will gel great and become a scoring tandum to rival any in the NHL...and the Sens surprise again and end up 4th and go 2 rounds strong in the playoffs.

suc on that hockeynews

DeVoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
  #70
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator
 
SensAreReligion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patvolcom65 View Post
CarknerCountry like the time he bet Filatov would score more then Kessel or so
i remember this

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
  #71
We Want the Cup 2010
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeVoice View Post
I am gonnah go out on a limb and say that after a player gets injured (only a mild sprain)
Regin will be placed on the line with Turris and they will gel great and become a scoring tandum to rival any in the NHL...and the Sens surprise again and end up 4th and go 2 rounds strong in the playoffs.

suc on that hockeynews
The 'Forecaster' magazine is predicting that the Sens will finish 4th in the east which kind of shocked me. I'm used to seeing these 'experts' predict us to have everything go wrong. Was unusual to read the writeup without shaking my head this time. I'm assuming the Forecaster is not written in Toronto like the rest of them?

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:01 PM
  #72
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!
 
Fenix Rises 2026's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want the Cup 2010 View Post
The 'Forecaster' magazine is predicting that the Sens will finish 4th in the east which kind of shocked me. I'm used to seeing these 'experts' predict us to have everything go wrong. Was unusual to read the writeup without shaking my head this time. I'm assuming the Forecaster is not written in Toronto like the rest of them?
Man are they going to be wrong.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:06 PM
  #73
metalfoot
Karlsson!
 
metalfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,568
vCash: 500
Because there won't be a season?

metalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.