HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane Proposal Thread (keep it here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
What else would the Flames have to add on top of Baertschi?
What else would the Jets need to add on top of Kane to net Jankowski?

Old
09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
An autographed jersey of their choice?

Old
09-06-2012, 08:15 PM
tony d
ATD 2015

To Wpg: Peter Regin, 2013 1st, Jared Cowen
To Ott: Evander Kane

09-06-2012, 08:18 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBackBulin View Post
Why would the flames trade Jankowski? He's going to be better than Gretzky in ten years.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
x1000

Old
09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
SammyTheBull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongs21 View Post
x1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
Michalek + Zib + 1st
How about that Jets fans?

I'd do it in a heart beat to get a young top 3 forward.

Old
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Pongs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
How about that Jets fans?

I'd do it in a heart beat to get a young top 3 forward.
I'd rather keep him, but for me that's hard to turn down, sweeten the pot a bit more?

Old
09-06-2012, 09:07 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Stewart, Schwartz, and your choice of a mid level prospect. Probably not enough, but it's the only thing I could offer that wouldn't gut the team.

Old
09-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
Stewart, Schwartz, and your choice of a mid level prospect. Probably not enough, but it's the only thing I could offer that wouldn't gut the team.
You want Kane. We want Tarasenko.

Old
09-07-2012, 12:19 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post

Any offer from Ottawa starts with Zibanejad and is then added to. We're obviously not expecting Karlsson but you're obviously not getting away with not giving up your top prospect and more.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:05 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
You wouldn't do that deal? Schwartz is going to be a good player I think, and the chance that Stewart becomes a 30 goal scorer again (he is still young and getting away from Hitchcock would do wonders), plus we could add another prospect. That's a pretty good deal other than the maybe the Ottawa one it's one of the best in the thread.

Last edited by veganhunter: 09-07-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old
09-07-2012, 07:32 AM
johnsic

Caps - Jets
Marcus Johansson for Evander Kane.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsic View Post
Caps - Jets
Marcus Johansson for Evander Kane.
Caps add. Significantly.

Carlson, Alzner, or Kuznetsov would be better starting points, IMO.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 09-07-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old
09-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Agreed.

Zib and Cowen
Tarasenko and Rattie

Those are the kinds of deals I would consider if I was the Jets GM. (Not necessarily these two deals, just this idea).

I can understand GM's not wanting to give up youth to get an aging vet. The advantage though of someone acquiring Kane in exchange for their youth is that Kane is young as well. So neither Ottawa nor St. Louis get considerably older, and they get to add a 21 year old 30 goal scorer right into their roster.

If the other GM wanted to hold on to their own prospects because they felt that they were going to develop to be equal or better than Kane that is fine.

But if I was the GM of the Jets, and was asked by the Kane camp to look into a trade, this is where I would start. I'm not going to trade a dollar and hope that in time that I get a dollar back. If I am taking the risk (because Kane has proven himself in the NHL and the other prospects (with the exception of Cowen) have not), then I need to have the opportunity for gain.

And before the, "If Kane requests a trade then you have to take much less" rebuttal, Kane has no leverage for 4 more years. The Jets GM has no pressure to trade him at a loss.

Old
09-07-2012, 05:53 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Agreed.

Zib and Cowen
Tarasenko and Rattie

Those are the kinds of deals I would consider if I was the Jets GM. (Not necessarily these two deals, just this idea).

I can understand GM's not wanting to give up youth to get an aging vet. The advantage though of someone acquiring Kane in exchange for their youth is that Kane is young as well. So neither Ottawa nor St. Louis get considerably older, and they get to add a 21 year old 30 goal scorer right into their roster.

If the other GM wanted to hold on to their own prospects because they felt that they were going to develop to be equal or better than Kane that is fine.

But if I was the GM of the Jets, and was asked by the Kane camp to look into a trade, this is where I would start. I'm not going to trade a dollar and hope that in time that I get a dollar back. If I am taking the risk (because Kane has proven himself in the NHL and the other prospects (with the exception of Cowen) have not), then I need to have the opportunity for gain.

And before the, "If Kane requests a trade then you have to take much less" rebuttal, Kane has no leverage for 4 more years. The Jets GM has no pressure to trade him at a loss.
Well said!

Old
09-07-2012, 06:33 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Any offer from Ottawa starts with Zibanejad and is then added to. We're obviously not expecting Karlsson but you're obviously not getting away with not giving up your top prospect and more.
Cowen is more enticing than Zibanejad, most Sens fan (I think) would switch if would like.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:23 PM
McFist
@*$&$#!!

I was gonna suggest

To WPG: Mika Zibanejad, Ben Bishop, 3rd
To OTT: Evander Kane

...but then I remembered how many %&*# goaltenders you guys have.

Old
09-07-2012, 08:52 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Cowen is more enticing than Zibanejad, most Sens fan (I think) would switch if would like.
Zibanejad fits the Jets needs better, especially if they're hypothetically giving up Kane. I wasn't suggesting a swap though, I'd want Zibanejad + Cowen, as many here have posted.

Old
09-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Agreed.

Zib and Cowen
Tarasenko and Rattie

Completely agree Huffer. The trade would have to make sense for the Jets to consider it. Some fans may think is an overpayment, but the Jets are taking all the risk.

Old
09-08-2012, 04:39 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Agreed.

Zib and Cowen
Tarasenko and Rattie

I have no problem with most of what you said, but Nash didn't exactly have leverage either. He was locked up for 6 years at the time of the trade. I suppose he had slightly more leverage than kane because of the cap hit, but teams never have to trade their stars when they ask. They do anyways, and its often at a loss.

I still want Kane to stay in Winnipeg, we don't know if he wants to stay there or not. The reason he hasn't signed can be any number of things: CBA, money, other contract negotiation issues, or maybe he doesn't like Winnipeg. I'm not gonna speculate what it is, but time will tell.

Old
09-08-2012, 06:27 PM
imisssaku
@imisssaku

Made this before Bourque was injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisssaku View Post
Evander Kane would be a god send...

Kane + spare parts

for

Rene Bourque
Tomas Kaberle
Danny Kristo
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder this year.
2nd Rounder this year.

Winnipeg would likely never, ever do this trade... Leans heavily in MTLs favour... but having Bourque under contract (theyll likely have a tough time attracting UFAs) They need a puck mover so Kaberle somewhat fits and both players should be able to replace the offense lost. Kaberle/Bourque have little value but having 2 roster players go back in the trade would be good for the Jets.

Habs are giving up alot but this deal that makes sense because theyre not losing any pieces of their core. Would likely need bodies in return (AHL players or less touted prospects, maybe a low draft pick) but to nab Kane it would take alot.

Can't see Winnipeg ever doing this deal though, only if Kane publicly start to demand a trade would something like this ever be considered. I think it would be something along the lines of what I think the Habs would offer. Problem is that Winnipeg wants to win now and that deal sort of looks toward the future. I think Winnipeg needs to draft heavily out of the WHL and get some talent out of Manitoba and Saskatchewan for the team to be successful.

I could see WPG wanting Gallagher instead of Kristo, and hell maybe even Markov instead of Kaberle... but Markov has more question marks IMO and while Kaberle is constantly **** on he's good for 30 points and a great bottom pairing guy... albeit an expensive one.

Bourque had all of his success in the West, and is at least a more viable replacement for Kane than any of the Jets or MTL's other available LWs (including Pacioretty would obviously be redundant.)

Where the meat comes from is the prospect and picks. Kristo/Beaulieu are both highly touted, and then 2 picks in what is supposedly a deep draft... I think Cheveldayoff would at least consider this.

I'm trying to convince myself it could happen. Sigh, the summer is long, and winter is coming....

Old
09-08-2012, 09:09 PM
bernmeister

Taking everything into account
Marc Staal + Michael St. Croix
for
Evander Kane + Paul Postma

Jets say they want serious shutdown D, lefty to match Buf. DONE BIG TIME. plus he's developing what is a serious shot.
Jets would like scorers bottom 6 Ws. St. Croix has legit potential, he's a C technically, but close enough.

Rangers don't have an extra Staal to spare, but obtaining a talent like Kane would give three dominating lines, plus an energetic checking 4th. As to D, NY is desperate for righty D, so this helps with a 6th [2nd righty behind Girardi + Stralman]. Also, on prior thread, Hawk fans even split about Boyle + Biron for Olsen + 4th; even if secondary pieces are replaced, something around Boyle + for Olsen should fly. McIrath also later this year or next, so this works on paper.

Additionally, I'm in the minority here, but I predict speedster JT Miller is a better natural fit with Kreider/Hagelin +Callahan, meaning I could see Stepan as centerpiece going to the yotes for Yandle to help offset sacrifice of Staal.

Also depending upon what competition will pay, the Kings A Martinez may be available not cheap, but reasonably for futures.

Rangers can't take on too many big salaries, but should be able to do this. In about 4 yrs Richards salary can be moved.

The one key is that NYR must get a month free and clear to see if they can sign him for a reasonable length, which is only fair given Staal has 3 more years left.

I had considered other variations which paid more, which assumed Kane would re-up for certain, so Winnipeg moves him just because it's profitable, and does a sign and trade available to NY on good terms, decent length deal, decent numbers. That much overpayment is not necessary given Kane not jumping to re-sign, and Rangers would have to negotiate their own deal.

Old
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Don't kid yourself. If the Habs want Kane, it's going to be Galchenyuk+ that the deal is based on. And that plus is probably going to be a first round pick. This is roughly the same value as Kessal when he was traded.

Old
09-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Flyerfan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I have no problem with most of what you said, but Nash didn't exactly have leverage either. He was locked up for 6 years at the time of the trade. I suppose he had slightly more leverage than kane because of the cap hit, but teams never have to trade their stars when they ask. They do anyways, and its often at a loss.
Nash had a NMC/NTC that limited the teams he could be traded to (like Heatley when he refused the trade to Edmonton).

Chevy can trade Evander to whatever team gives the best offer. Kane has 2 options. Sit or sign.

Old
09-08-2012, 11:03 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
It's every bit as awful now. You basically even state this in your post: "Winnipeg would likely never, ever do this trade... Leans heavily in MTLs favour", "Habs are giving up alot but this deal that makes sense because theyre not losing any pieces of their core". You don't get a core piece like Kane without giving up one in return.

As for your statement "theyll likely have a tough time attracting UFAs", which of Montreal and Winnipeg signed a first-line center this offseason, one of the better UFAs available, for a very reasonable contract? Also your statement that Winnipeg needs puck-movers is absurd. We'll have 6 puck-movers and one physical stay-at-home defenseman. Kaberle is useless to us. That's like if Jets fans suggested last year you guys should trade for Oduya. Better yet, Oduya as part of a package for Pacioretty.

I guess I'll help you out with this. The asking price from Montreal if they wanted Kane would start with Galchenyuk and you could probably throw in one of 2013 1st, Tinordi or Beaulieu.

Closed Thread