HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs ranked 30th in ESPN NHL Power Ranking

Old
08-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

vCash: 500
Avs ranked 30th in ESPN NHL Power Ranking

ESPN: Uni Watch Power Rankings (NHL)

What do you guys think about the Avs ranking last in the NHL? Sad to say I really don't disagree

Steve Varmalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Nor do I. And I agree with the reasoning. Years ago, the Avs had a sweater/logo that was alright. Not awesome, but OK. These days, their 3rd is their best, and it's not exactly original.

They missed a great chance a few years ago when their look was old. Nowadays, it's just embarrassing.

For the record, I have no issue with the color scheme. A lot of you guys complain about it, but I think it's cool the Avs have something original that also holds meaning for anyone who has an inkling of state history. Maybe play around with it slightly, but otherwise be true to the shades. The logo? Shoulder patch, maybe. It was OK in '96. It is lame now.

But, god, I'm afraid of what these clowns would choose to replace it with.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Nor do I. And I agree with the reasoning. Years ago, the Avs had a sweater/logo that was alright. Not awesome, but OK. These days, their 3rd is their best, and it's not exactly original.

They missed a great chance a few years ago when their look was old. Nowadays, it's just embarrassing.

For the record, I have no issue with the color scheme. A lot of you guys complain about it, but I think it's cool the Avs have something original that also holds meaning for anyone who has an inkling of state history. Maybe play around with it slightly, but otherwise be true to the shades. The logo? Shoulder patch, maybe. It was OK in '96. It is lame now.

But, god, I'm afraid of what these clowns would choose to replace it with.
Sorry but what is wrong with the logos? The old jersey was one of the kind, one of the best all time.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Sorry but what is wrong with the logos? The old jersey was one of the kind, one of the best all time.
Yup. The logo is cool, the old design was unique and a great look for a new team & identity and is still cool today. The jerseys didn't need to be changed. What we have now is absolutely repugnant. We look like we're all goin' to a Bar-B-Que at the Huxtable house in our aprons. Atrocious uniform design thanks to reebok and a front office who doesn't care/know the difference. LOVE the old uniforms. HATE the new ones.

SuperTheGreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Drij

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Yup. The logo is cool, the old design was unique and a great look for a new team & identity and is still cool today. The jerseys didn't need to be changed. What we have now is absolutely repugnant. We look like we're all goin' to a Bar-B-Que at the Huxtable house in our aprons. Atrocious uniform design thanks to reebok and a front office who doesn't care/know the difference. LOVE the old uniforms. HATE the new ones.
Yup with a few tweaks we could have something great again.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Grackle Party
Varls Barkley 2k12

vCash: 50
The wild and the ducks are horrible

Grackle Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 09:11 PM
madman
Deadmarsh Deli Dills

Uni Watch is spot-on, unfortunately. The unipron sucked when it was unveiled, and it still sucks today. And yes, the hodgepodge blueberry jerseys are just an ill-conceived knockoff.

It all needs a fixin', bad.

madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
A GIANT 'PLEASE' from me!

That's just laughable...and look who they have NUMBER 1??!?!? Based on what??? That guys' opinion?? [yeah, he's not a habs fan lol gimme a break]

The habs logo is BUTT-UGLY. Sure it's recognizable...cuz they've been in the league for a thousand years but so frikkin' what??? Make sure you fail to mention that half of their fans don't even know what the "H" stands for within that logo, way to go!!!

The Avs 3rd jersey may be pretty bad and I don't really like the new post-lockout jerseys but they are certainly not LAST.

Minnesota has horrendous jerseys, only their 3rd is half-way decent. The Islanders is pretty bad AND they keep changing it, goes to show how much they love it...same with the Sabres and Canucks. The Ducks has NEVER really been anything to get excited about, it's always been awful. Those teams are all at the very least BEHIND the Avalanche.

This is an article based on one retards' opinion and it's very likely that he is a habs fan that hated the Nordiques and is still pissed off about us getting ROY and 2 cups.

How ANYONE can think that the frikkin minnesota wild christmas jerseys are better makes absolutely NO SENSE...there, I said it.

Bender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:03 PM
PAZ

I pretty much agree with the ranking. When we're arguing which teams jerseys are worse then ours, rather than arguing which teams jerseys are better then ours, it's pathetic.

We're in the bottom 5, no matter which way you spin it. I personally like the colour scheme, I love the burgundy. The logos decent. But the design is terrible.

PAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:07 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Yup with a few tweaks we could have something great again.

Not bad, not bad. Simplicity is definitely a massive upgrade from the aprons. Maybe just one mountain peak like the originals at the bottom. I do like the crispness of the white backs, too. Now you just have to get hired by Kroenke Enterprises, or Altitude, or whoever and become the squeaky wheel that won't stop 'til it's greased.

I'd be happy with the exact design of the old burgundy 3rds with the "A" logo instead of the diagonal "Colorado". On the aways, just flop the burgundy body for white and put the burgundy into the stripes on the sleeves and across the bottom. EASY, and a million times better. (since I'm a digital immigrant and have no graphic design skills, think you could mock something like this up & post?)

Old
08-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

This stuff really riles you guys up? Slow day at the office?

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
This stuff really riles you guys up? Slow day at the office?
What else is there to get pissed about? Finally going to Denver and there's no hockey?

Old
08-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
I've never thought our unis were terrible. Not something to be proud of, but certainly not the worst in the league.

Replacing the burgundy 3rds with the blueberries was a crime though. I loved those burgundy unis.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
What else is there to get pissed about? Finally going to Denver and there's no hockey?
Life is good.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Mant*

Canadiens jersey is boring as ****, and the Wild look like they belong at a Macy's handing out presents with Santa, the only thing missing are some pointy toes on the skates with a little jingle bell. Sure the Avs current jerseys are a huge downgrade from the originals... but it's still better than the Wild's.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:43 PM
Elever
Hth

Our jerseys are awesome! Not as good as they used to be but it's not all that different from the one before.

Minnesota's Christmas themed jerseys are terrible but their 3rd is quite nice.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 11:56 PM
Rhaego

The white jersey is good looking.

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:01 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Ranking us after Dallas and LA is a crime, but other than that I can't agree or disagree. We're just 'meh', we need to ditch a few of the stripes here and there mostly.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Colorado Avalanche

I could care less. I like our jerseys.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Disagree with the Avs being last. But it is one man's opinion after all.

Other than the diagonal name down the front how exactly are the Blueberrys a Rangers Rip Off? College teams have the name down the front like that, the Penguins used to. Why are we the only ones considered to be ripping off the Rags?

The Home and Away's would be fine if they just stopped the trim on the front from going all the way up to the collar. Just that simple change would be a huge improvement.

Nothing wrong with either the Primary or Alternate logo. Or even the Letter/Number font. Not all jerseys need to have standard block letters.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:08 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Disagree with the Avs being last. But it is one man's opinion after all.

Other than the diagonal name down the front how exactly are the Blueberrys a Rangers Rip Off? College teams have the name down the front like that, the Penguins used to. Why are we the only ones considered to be ripping off the Rags?

The Home and Away's would be fine if they just stopped the trim on the front from going all the way up to the collar. Just that simple change would be a huge improvement.

Nothing wrong with either the Primary or Alternate logo. Or even the Letter/Number font. Not all jerseys need to have standard block letters.
Agree with the whole post, but especially the bold. Taking the stupid apron strings off would do a world of good, but other changes or a complete re design would be better. Totally agree with the number font comment, too. I like teams with unique number fonts rather than block numbers, and I've always loved our whole numbering style. The triple color stack is cool. The Glacier twill top layer is cool. And the Dazzle glitter layer is cool too. Originality and creativity in design do have a place. As do simplicity and classic designs. But if you got rid of all of one in favor of the other...well you're all smart enough to see where I'm goin'. The original 6 teams can be boring and "classic" and other teams get to have some originality and creativity. Not everyone likes it but I do. And honestly, that's all that really matters.

Old
08-26-2012, 09:09 AM
hughdreamz

How r we 30th?? We almost made the playoffs last year, we have last years rookie of the year, we r up and coming, signed Parenteau, improved our D a lil bit, Varly is starting to play. I wouldn't rank us in the top 15 , but we r better than 30.

hughdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughdreamz View Post
How r we 30th?? We almost made the playoffs last year, we have last years rookie of the year, we r up and coming, signed Parenteau, improved our D a lil bit, Varly is starting to play. I wouldn't rank us in the top 15 , but we r better than 30.
It's about our jersey, not the quality of our team.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

I've always wanted to see something like this, at the very least to replace the crappy, ugly blueberries.

Maybe the secondary logo in front is a bit much, but it would still look awesome with the logo placements the way they are now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colhomejersey copy.jpg‎ (277.2 KB, 108 views)

Old
08-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote