Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Serie A 2012-13

Old
09-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
I disagree with Serie A being way slower. It may be between lower seeded teams but watch a Juve vs Inter or vs Roma or any other top club and you'll see a great pace.

Also, the reason I like Serie A is that a lot of domestic players play there and they are very emotionnally attached to their respective team, so you could feel the passion on the field. A lot more brawls happen in Serie A too. I reckon Serie A is no longer a top 3 league but it's been always my favorite league.

Unless a huge surprise happen I dont see other than Juve winning this year again. Great team.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 04:57 AM
jaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
I
Unless a huge surprise happen I dont see other than Juve winning this year again. Great team.
If they're not getting too distracted by the CL, that is. But their midfield is head and shoulders above the other teams, so actually the real question will be: who'll come in second? My guess is Napoli

jaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Howard Stern

Lazio > Napoli.

Howard Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Stern View Post
Lazio > Napoli.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 11:35 AM
jaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Ah, come on.... Not that I'm a Lazio fan, but there's enough evidence that right wing supporters are equally present almost everywhere in soccer.

Old
09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
jaco

Quaglia makes it 2-0 against Chievo, who we didn't beat for a long time. Good sign.

Old
09-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Captain Saku

When Quag is on he's a world class striker. 3 goals in one game and a half. That bicycle goal was spectacular.

Old
09-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Captain Saku

AC Milan need to re-think their strategy and start investing again because they might face relegation. They lost again today.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
AC Milan need to re-think their strategy and start investing again because they might face relegation. They lost again today.
I guess selling your two best players and filling them in with stopgaps is not the move.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Ah, come on.... Not that I'm a Lazio fan, but there's enough evidence that right wing supporters are equally present almost everywhere in soccer.
I think there's a significant difference between fascist and right wing. Besides, I'm just poking fun. Lazio have an outstanding football team.

Old
09-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Finnish your Czech
Jermain Defriend

vCash: 50
Udinese!

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Would never have thought that Mathias Ranégie would be scoring goals against clubs like Milan even a few months ago. His career is an amazing story, the very epitome of a late-bloomer.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

very hard to be a Milan fan right now...seems like we need to endure a mediocre season or two then can regain momentum

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
When Quag is on he's a world class striker. 3 goals in one game and a half. That bicycle goal was spectacular.
Quagliarella is much more a scorer of great goals than a great goal scorer. He's never been and will never be the type of striker that scores much more than 12-13 goals in a season.

It's nice to see that he is in good form but in the long run he's not really consistent enough for a club like Juventus. A very entertaining player to watch none the less, still have fond memories of his breakthrough season at Sampdoria.

Would have been interesting to see how his career had panned out if Samp had won his co-ownership auction back in 2007, rumours back then said Samp were in negotiations with Man Utd over him but the transfer obviously broke down when Udinese won the co-ownership auction.

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Valverde

Quote:
I disagree with Serie A being way slower. It may be between lower seeded teams but watch a Juve vs Inter or vs Roma or any other top club and you'll see a great pace.

Also, the reason I like Serie A is that a lot of domestic players play there and they are very emotionnally attached to their respective team, so you could feel the passion on the field. A lot more brawls happen in Serie A too. I reckon Serie A is no longer a top 3 league but it's been always my favorite league.

Which 'top clubs' are you talking about? I like Serie A, but Juventus are the only club that can be regarded as a top one right now and even they don't play dynamic football. And I'm not saying it's a bad thing, Serie A has other qualities as I've stated before but tempo is not one of them.

Agreed on the second paragraph as well as on the last one. There's still a lot of quality left in Italy, even though many players have left over the last season or two. Actually, it speaks volumes on how good Serie A is - look at PSG, their key players came from Italian league, City's buying in Italy, Udinese has been producing top-end talent lately, etc.

We can discuss how, ermmm....disorganised Inter or Milan are, how Roma's been struggling for quite some time and how poor Serie A's getting. While some of it is certainly true, I think one factor is being omitted oftenly - how they look down on Europa League. Look at German teams and how well they've performed in Europa League lately, same goes for Portuguese teams. It's a pity in my opinion, it shows that the league as a unit is not working together in order to fight the crisis.

Valverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Juventus have been very poor tonight v Fiorentina

I can see Fiorentina winning this game and stopping Juve's streak of undefeated games

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:43 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Juve hang on and finishes 0:0

They haven't lost in the last 44 games they have played

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post

This game was scaring me. I'm happy with the draw for Juve. They've played a lot of games in a short period of time. Last year they didnt play in any european competition so it will be tougher this season.

Old
09-25-2012, 03:56 PM
jaco

Quote:
This game was scaring me. I'm happy with the draw for Juve. They've played a lot of games in a short period of time. Last year they didnt play in any european competition so it will be tougher this season.
Yep, but the goal tonight was at least one point. So we're allright. Now let's prepare for Roma on saturday and Shaktar on tuesday. It's clear that this year will be much harder than last year, but Juve can do it...

Old
09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
jaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valverde View Post
I think one factor is being omitted oftenly - how they look down on Europa League. Look at German teams and how well they've performed in Europa League lately, same goes for Portuguese teams. It's a pity in my opinion, it shows that the league as a unit is not working together in order to fight the crisis.
I remember EL games in Torino in front of 11000 people, so it's not only the league, but also the fans who seem to think: if it's not CL we don't want it.

Old
09-25-2012, 04:26 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Fiorentina dominated Juve and would have deserved the three points. Unfortunately they are missing a real striker to play along Jovetic.

Valero and Pizarro did an awesome job. Their passing and controlling of the midfield is incredible.

The defence has been great too. Roncaglia sure needs a mention as one of the biggest surprises in the Serie A until now. The guy is a real fighter with an underrated shot.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post

Pretty easy to win, when you play with an extra man.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
very hard to be a Milan fan right now...seems like we need to endure a mediocre season or two then can regain momentum
Going to be a long season. But that's what Galliani and Berlusconi deserve this year from their pathetic summer and sales

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Also looks like our 1st home win if it keep going this way against Cagliari

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Marcotti: Miroslav Klose scores with his hand, ref awards it,
Klose admits he handled and goal disallowed. Class act.
Certainly a classy move from Klose. But it was 0-0 at the time, and there are a lot of Lazio fans that are quite as classy...

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote