HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[#19] HFStars 2013 Top 20 Prospects - #19 Prospect Voting, #20 Prospect Discussion

View Poll Results: Who is the #19 prospect for the Dallas Stars?
Cole Ully 3 8.57%
Gemel Smith 2 5.71%
John Klingberg 21 60.00%
Henri Kiviaho 0 0%
Niklas Hansson 0 0%
Cody Payne 1 2.86%
Troy Vance 0 0%
Cameron Gaunce 3 8.57%
Remi Elie 3 8.57%
Austin Smith 1 2.86%
Dmitry Sinitsyn 0 0%
Esa Lindell 1 2.86%
Curtis McKenzie 0 0%
Taylor Peters 0 0%
Brandon Troock 0 0%
Other (Please Specify) 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-29-2013, 10:20 PM
  #1
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
[#19] HFStars 2013 Top 20 Prospects - #19 Prospect Voting, #20 Prospect Discussion

Vote for which player you think is our #19 prospect. The player with the most votes at the end of this poll will be listed as the #19 prospect for the Unofficial HFStars 2013 Top 20 Prospects rankings.

This is also the discussion thread for the #20 Stars' prospect.

Write-in votes will be accepted. If you are not a regular Stars' board poster or a legitimate scout, your vote will not be counted.

Suggestions on who to add to the next poll are welcome and encouraged as well.

‏‏‏‏
#
prospect
pos.
country
acquired
round
change
% of vote
1
 ‏‏‏‏Valeri Nichushkin
RW
2013
1st
New
90.16%
2
 ‏‏‏‏Jamie Oleksiak
D
2011
1st
0
50.00%
3
 ‏‏‏‏Alex Chiasson
RW
2009
2nd
0
50.67%
4
 ‏‏‏‏Jack Campbell
G
2010
1st
3
50.09%
5
 ‏‏‏‏Brett Ritchie
RW
2011
2nd
7
85.94%
6
 ‏‏‏‏Radek Faksa
C
2012
1st
2
63.93%
7
 ‏‏‏‏Matej Stransky
RW
2011
6th
4
57.14%
8
 ‏‏‏‏Jason Dickinson
C
2013
1st
New
39.58%
9
 ‏‏‏‏Patrik Nemeth
D
2010
2nd
3
38.18%
10
 ‏‏‏‏Kevin Connauton
D
Trade
N/A
New
53.49%
11
 ‏‏‏‏Alex Guptill
LW
2010
3rd
3
46.51%
12
 ‏‏‏‏Devin Shore
C
2012
2nd
6
47.92%
13
 ‏‏‏‏Emil Molin
C
2011
4th
2
45.83%
14
 ‏‏‏‏Ludwig Bystrom
D
2012
2nd
1
53.06%
15
 ‏‏‏‏Philippe Desrosiers
G
2013
2nd
New
38.30%
16
 ‏‏‏‏Jyrki Jokipakka
D
2011
7th
New
41.86%
17
 ‏‏‏‏Mike Winther
C
2012
2nd
3
42.55%
18
 ‏‏‏‏Scott Glennie
RW
2009
1st
8
54.76%


Last edited by LatvianTwist: 08-31-2013 at 01:26 PM.
LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:38 PM
  #2
Rune Forumwalker
Registered User
 
Rune Forumwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Philip Larsen 2.0.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:39 PM
  #3
txomisc
Registered User
 
txomisc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,557
vCash: 500
Think Klingberg has the highest upside left even if he is still a longshot.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:50 PM
  #4
ginblossoms
Registered User
 
ginblossoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
is dowling eligible? he's technically on just a texas stars contract, yeah? so not dallas stars property? if eligible, he'd get my vote next.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:01 PM
  #5
MB94
@MBFarina94
 
MB94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,604
vCash: 500
This one shouldn't last too long

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:19 PM
  #6
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,275
vCash: 50
Next one is tough. Leaning G. Smith currently.

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:25 PM
  #7
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
is dowling eligible? he's technically on just a texas stars contract, yeah? so not dallas stars property? if eligible, he'd get my vote next.
Ooh, forgot about him. I'll put him in the same boat as Yuen for now, though, as he likely would've gone ahead of a few of the guys already on the list (IMO, at least).

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:26 PM
  #8
Nemeth
Mo Money Mo Problems
 
Nemeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,864
vCash: 500
Klingberg then Gemel Smith.

Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 12:40 AM
  #9
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 5,804
vCash: 500
Klingberg then does it really matter? Everyone remaining has huge questions marks.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 10:33 AM
  #10
BigG44
Registered User
 
BigG44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,972
vCash: 500
I'm going Remi Ellie. I think Klingberg is a major red flag. Just a few weeks ago, Les Jackson said the team wanted John Klingberg in North America this season, but he wasn't comfortable with the idea. Jackson mentioned, well referenced without actually saying it IIRC, Klingberg's past sturggles ... not being able to handle being away from home while playing in Finland. Again, this guy is hesitant to leave his home country and come over. I didn't like that he wasn't mentally tough enough to handle being away from home, and I hate the fact he's the reason he's not in NA. The team was scared to push him.

Now ... his upside is undeniable, and I think we should be excited about how he's started the year in the European Trophy. Personally though, I don't have faith in the guy until he's in N.A. for several months and proves he can handle being away from home.

That's why I went with Remi Ellie. Of the remaining guys he seems to have the best blend of NHL attributes with potential skill. I like gambling on the guys who are buried on a great team (think Matej Stransky). Not a huge fan of doing it at 40th overall, but this guy is definitely a potential breakout candidate given more responsibility on a very good team.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 11:20 AM
  #11
piqued
Global Moderator
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 31,760
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Next one is tough. Leaning G. Smith currently.
Same, I think I like G. Smith at 20 ahead of any of the new arrivals. His post-draft season could've been considered a disappointment to a degree as some had him pegged as a candidate to be a top scorer in the OHL but I still like his underlying game. He's kind of in the same boat as Winther in that we'll see this year whether he thrives with more responsibility or stagnates.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
  #12
Starry Knight
A New Hope
 
Starry Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm going Remi Ellie. I think Klingberg is a major red flag. Just a few weeks ago, Les Jackson said the team wanted John Klingberg in North America this season, but he wasn't comfortable with the idea. Jackson mentioned, well referenced without actually saying it IIRC, Klingberg's past sturggles ... not being able to handle being away from home while playing in Finland. Again, this guy is hesitant to leave his home country and come over. I didn't like that he wasn't mentally tough enough to handle being away from home, and I hate the fact he's the reason he's not in NA. The team was scared to push him.

Now ... his upside is undeniable, and I think we should be excited about how he's started the year in the European Trophy. Personally though, I don't have faith in the guy until he's in N.A. for several months and proves he can handle being away from home.

That's why I went with Remi Ellie. Of the remaining guys he seems to have the best blend of NHL attributes with potential skill. I like gambling on the guys who are buried on a great team (think Matej Stransky). Not a huge fan of doing it at 40th overall, but this guy is definitely a potential breakout candidate given more responsibility on a very good team.
Elie should be playing second or third line minutes this year with players like Bo Horvat and Michael McCarron so being buried by depth will no longer be an excuse. This year will be a true litmus test to see whether or not he is a decent player.

For my vote I chose Cody Payne. He has very translatable skills to become a 4th liner in the NHL and when this deep into prospect rankings that is something I look for.

Starry Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 02:17 PM
  #13
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 12,989
vCash: 500
Between G.Smith and Gaunce for me. I see both making the NHL as bottom line guys. Gaunce probably will be a #6-#7, while G.Smith has the sparkplug personality that will make him a 4th liner at worst.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 02:49 PM
  #14
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion
 
Shady12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WesTex
Country: United States
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 500
1. Nichushkin
2. Oleksiak
3. Chiasson
4. Ritchie
5. Campbell
6. Stransky
7. Faksa
8. Guptill
9. Nemeth
10. Connauton
11. Dickinson
12. Shore
13. Molin
14. Bystrom
15. Jokipakka
16. Desrosiers
17. Winther
18. Glennie
19. Gaunce
20. Klingberg

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2013, 03:01 PM
  #15
ginblossoms
Registered User
 
ginblossoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,192
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Same, I think I like G. Smith at 20 ahead of any of the new arrivals. His post-draft season could've been considered a disappointment to a degree as some had him pegged as a candidate to be a top scorer in the OHL but I still like his underlying game. He's kind of in the same boat as Winther in that we'll see this year whether he thrives with more responsibility or stagnates.
g. smith was close for me too. i'm mostly going by what my eyes saw at the latest development camp. in particular, i noticed alot of improvement with his hands and shot. really cool to personally see how these kids develop year to year.

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.