HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where would Dekeyser fall in on our prospect list?

Old
09-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
My understanding is that he could not, under NCAA rules, attend Detroit's camp again. I saw it posted somewhere. The rule supposedly is that undrafted NCAA players can't attend the same team's camp twice. I can't find confirmation of this anywhere, though. It might be false.

At least he didn't go to any other team's camp, I suppose.

Some old articles suggest that DeKeyser chose not to attend any pro camps this year, but that could also mean that he chose not to attend camp with any team other than Detroit.

edit: found this rule, but it doesn't seem to pertain to training camps.

Q: Can I attend a testing session with an NHL team and retain my college eligibility?

A: NCAA regulations allow student-athletes (or prospective student-athletes) to take part in one testing or tryout session per NHL team, at the team's expense, for up to 48 hours.

it goes on to say:

Q: Can I attend an NHL team's summer development camp?

A: NCAA players may attend NHL summer development camps, or prospect camps, but must pay their own way (transportation, lodging, food, etc.).

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:34 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Below Smith, above Jensen, Ouellet, and Sproul. On the overall list, probably only behind Smith, Nyquist, and Jarnkrok. Probably right there with Tatar and Sheahan
Basically, this is where I'd put him. Above Sheahan, though.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 09:39 AM
irishtemper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
My understanding is that he could not, under NCAA rules, attend Detroit's camp again. I saw it posted somewhere. The rule supposedly is that undrafted NCAA players can't attend the same team's camp twice. I can't find confirmation of this anywhere, though. It might be false.

At least he didn't go to any other team's camp, I suppose.

Some old articles suggest that DeKeyser chose not to attend any pro camps this year, but that could also mean that he chose not to attend camp with any team other than Detroit.

edit: found this rule, but it doesn't seem to pertain to training camps.

Q: Can I attend a testing session with an NHL team and retain my college eligibility?

A: NCAA regulations allow student-athletes (or prospective student-athletes) to take part in one testing or tryout session per NHL team, at the team's expense, for up to 48 hours.

it goes on to say:

Q: Can I attend an NHL team's summer development camp?

A: NCAA players may attend NHL summer development camps, or prospect camps, but must pay their own way (transportation, lodging, food, etc.).

But Cheli's kids were at more than 1 and they are NCAA players

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote