HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Once the season starts

Old
09-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Thundermare

vCash: 500
Once the season starts

Any chance Boone Jenner sticks with the Big Club?

The kid hits like a Pro(Ask Maatta or Koekkoek), is excellent in the face off Department, As decent skating, can old his share on offence... reminds me a lot of Mike Fisher.

Thundermare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 03:27 PM
blahblah

Always a chance, but I highly doubt it.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Most unlikely.

What's the rush. His skill set is similar to any number of the current players so why not let him continue to work on the things he needs to with out the added burden of the NHL.

DEVELOPMENT. It's a wonderful thing.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Most unlikely.

What's the rush. His skill set is similar to any number of the current players so why not let him continue to work on the things he needs to with out the added burden of the NHL.

DEVELOPMENT. It's a wonderful thing.
Spot on. Unless he made us substantially better this year, which he won't, send him back to junior.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Spot on. Unless he made us substantially better this year, which he won't, send him back to junior.
Um. He's playing for Springfield. Has already played in five games.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:55 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That was a PTO contract. He can only play for Springfield after the Generals' season ends. He's still too young to play in the AHL.

candyman82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
He can only play there once his junior team's season is over, or whichever season starts after his 20th birthday. As a 1993 birthday, that would mean 2013 at the absolute earliest.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
He can only play there once his junior team's season is over, or whichever season starts after his 20th birthday. As a 1993 birthday, that would mean 2013 at the absolute earliest.
D'oh. Somehow I got it into my head that he was turning 20 in a few days.

Old
09-12-2012, 06:59 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
D'oh. Somehow I got it into my head that he was turning 20 in a few days.
Hey IDK if you knew this but he can only play there once the General's season ends.

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Hey IDK if you knew this but he can only play there once the General's season ends.

My goodness gracious! I indeed did not know that at all. Thank you, kind sir, for your helpful and informative act.

If only somebody equally helpful had been willing to so inform me earlier, perhaps significant embarrassment could have been avoided. Alas!

Old
09-12-2012, 01:33 PM
blahblah

Quote:
What's the rush.
Three problems. One, no ?. :p

The second, I didn't see anything in his post that suggested anything about Boone being rushed. It was a simple question, probably fantasy related as usual.

The last problem that doesn't have anything to do with you, however, is that I don't really see much of Fisher in Boone. Maybe he'll marry a musician.

Old
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Three problems. One, no ?. :p

The second, I didn't see anything in his post that suggested anything about Boone being rushed. It was a simple question, probably fantasy related as usual.

The last problem that doesn't have anything to do with you, however, is that I don't really see much of Fisher in Boone. Maybe he'll marry a musician.
You are correct he made no such reference. It was just me making more of a editorial comment since the CBJ have been so often accused (with some justification) of rushing their prospects. More properly I probably should have said simply there is no need to hurry him along and additional development would be advantageous.

I forget that fantasy teams/leagues are such a big deal. Personally I think they are the bane of sports. Reduces the focus from the actual playing/watching of the game to a simple stat driven observation. But it's not going to go away, any more than the wagering on the result aspect will. But that's just me.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 02:55 PM
blahblah

Quote:
You are correct he made no such reference. It was just me making more of a editorial comment since the CBJ have been so often accused (with some justification) of rushing their prospects. More properly I probably should have said simply there is no need to hurry him along and additional development would be advantageous.

I forget that fantasy teams/leagues are such a big deal. Personally I think they are the bane of sports. Reduces the focus from the actual playing/watching of the game to a simple stat driven observation. But it's not going to go away, any more than the wagering on the result aspect will. But that's just me.
Good response, thanks. I agree with pretty much everything in there to varying degrees.

Old
09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I believe Boone. He is a player who never will tell.... I cannot... so IMO he will be a decent NHL player.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:10 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Whether you like fantasy sports or not...

Quote:

it is hard to argue with the money generated. I would argue that if fantasy hockey was as ingrained in culture as nfl fantasy football, there would be a lot more pressure to settle this lockout from the fans. As it is now you have owners vs players.. media coverage is negligible.

I'm done too, hopefully I see something in the paper or news when it is over because I am not going to fall all over myself trying to keep up like i've done in the past. They really don't care about the fans or the sport, greedy ********.

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote