HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
I'd be willing to give up our first for Paajarvi
Not sure that's really an option. Right now I'm thinking that if there's going to be a team that would make a deal with us it would be a team that is going into full-rebuild or is close to it.

A team like Calgary, Dallas, Florida, Colorado and maybe Nashville.

Possible targets, or at least players I would be intereted in would be guys like Eriksson, Hornqvist and Fleischmann as well as defencemen like Johnson, Blum or Gudbranson.

Old
04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
How about Jaimen Yakubowski? Does he have the potential to become another Neil?
Haven't seen him play wouldn't be able to tell you.

Old
04-05-2013, 07:22 AM
DJB

vCash: 964
Fla is rebuilding, trading Gudbranson makes no sense for them. Young rebuilding teams don't give away young talent.

Just look at us.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:07 PM
jonasbrodin
Rookie User

I know it's a year too early but you guy's should checkout William Nylander

Old
04-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasbrodin View Post
I know it's a year too early but you guy's should checkout William Nylander
Love Nylander, I think he's a special talent and the best from Sweden since Backstrom. Its impossible to predict that far into the future however.

Old
04-05-2013, 01:50 PM
CoCo89

I'd love to see Ottawa draft D Ryan Pullock (Brandon, WHL) if he's still around.

6'1" 210lbs, skilled offensively and can hit. Thoughts?

Old
04-05-2013, 02:23 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost in the shell View Post
love nylander, i think he's a special talent and the best from sweden since backstrom. Its impossible to predict that far into the future however.
bro. Hes like 39. Get out of the past. Jk.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
How about Jaimen Yakubowski? Does he have the potential to become another Neil?
No chance. More of a Zack Smith type.

Neil was a pure brawler who loved to fight, but also had skill at the OHL level. He then turned himself into a player who could get you 10 goals at the NHL level, while playing physical and scrapping, without being a walking shorthanded situation about to happen. The latter part took some time.

But basically, you have to draft a guy who loves to drop the gloves, not just be 'willing' to drop the gloves. The difference is typically 150 penalty minutes a season, or around 20 fighting majors instead of 5.

For a Neil type, you are basically looking for a player who is close to a point per game player at the OHL, but also one of the league's top fighters with 200+ PIM's. That's who Chris Neil was when he was drafted (26 goals, 55 points, 230 PIM's in 59 games in his draft year).

We have one with similar potential in Darren Kramer, but he isn't a sure thing as he was never as skilled as Neil at the same age. But he has the chance to be an NHL player with better skill and ice time than a Kassian, for example.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Been thinking about it and Horvat and Lazar are probably tops on my (realistic) wishlist. I love their combination of grit and skill. Kinda similar to Noesen styles but IMO they have a higher skillset.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Been thinking about it and Horvat and Lazar are probably tops on my (realistic) wishlist. I love their combination of grit and skill. Kinda similar to Noesen styles but IMO they have a higher skillset.
Like both, are they are safe bets for NHL time for sure and high character. Both are more pure goal scorers though.

But both are more Mike Fisher types versus a guy like Noesen who has higher end playmaking skills, and is actually more of a set-up man, even as a winger. Wouldn't say overall skill level of those guys is higher at the same age though. Noesen lead his team in scoring as a 17 year old, by a fair margin as I recall.

Still, anyone would be happy to grab a Mike Fisher type center outside of the top 10.

Old
04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Like both, are they are safe bets for NHL time for sure and high character. Both are more pure goal scorers though.

But both are more Mike Fisher types versus a guy like Noesen who has higher end playmaking skills, and is actually more of a set-up man, even as a winger. Wouldn't say overall skill level of those guys is higher at the same age though. Noesen lead his team in scoring as a 17 year old, by a fair margin as I recall.

Still, anyone would be happy to grab a Mike Fisher type center outside of the top 10.
Agreed. I meant more in how they play the game physically is like Noesen. Horvat is a pretty decent playmaker too though. In a weaker draft he'd be in my top 10 most likely. Love his total package (no homo)

Old
04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
Michalek 1st and puempel to move up?

Old
04-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Underwood View Post
Michalek 1st and puempel to move up?
To what? First overall?

Old
04-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
To what? First overall?
Lets say top 5, in my dreamworld, Drouin.

Old
04-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost in the Shell View Post
Love Nylander, I think he's a special talent and the best from Sweden since Backstrom. Its impossible to predict that far into the future however.
He is the most talented player I've ever seen play in Sweden. He has Karlsson-esque skating, an elite shot and elite playmaking skills. Could work on his defensive game but his offensive skills are way higher than Backstrom or the Sedins at the same age. Would love to see him in Ottawa but an early pick next year do not seem very likely.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:53 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo89 View Post
I'd love to see Ottawa draft D Ryan Pullock (Brandon, WHL) if he's still around.

Ive seen him play vs Oil Kings a few times now and everytime he has stood out as the better defenseman on both teams. Could sure up some things defensively. Was reading he was a forward turned defenseman, takes a high hockey IQ to switch positions at a high level of hockey.

Would love to see the sens draft him if he is available but I don't see that happening with taking Ceci last year in the first round. Also if we make playoffs no way he will be available unless we trade up.

Old
04-05-2013, 05:56 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Lazar would be my pick of the two. I see him as having the higher offensive potential in the NHL the again ive seen alot more of him. Both are pretty safe picks to make it to the show.

Old
04-05-2013, 08:03 PM
jonasbrodin
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
He is the most talented player I've ever seen play in Sweden. He has Karlsson-esque skating, an elite shot and elite playmaking skills. Could work on his defensive game but his offensive skills are way higher than Backstrom or the Sedins at the same age. Would love to see him in Ottawa but an early pick next year do not seem very likely.
You seem familiar with swedish hockey, what's your opinion on Viktor arvidsson?

Old
04-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Pilgore88

Off topic, but I would do terrible things to get Clark Bishop next year. I have a soft spot for NFLD prospects, but he is unbelievable. Think Condra level defense, Greening level speed, 5-11, 173 and hits everything. He fits our teams identity, as he has an endless motor, and is regarded by some as the best defensive forward for his age in Canada. To go along with all this, he is very creative offensively. I can't see him rated higher than late second round to start the year, but I would be surprised if he isn't taken in the first round when all is said and done.

If he wasn't playing on Cape Breton, he would be getting more recognition. Hockey Canada took notice and invited him as an under-aged player to the U-18's training camp.

Old
04-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo89 View Post

He was at the top of my wishlist when I thought we would be picking in the 7-13 range. His offensive tools are outstanding. Constantly spots guys with his breakout pass, good hands, and a howlitzer of a shot. Best slapshot I have seen from a draft eligible defenseman in years. He'll score plenty on the backend because of it.

Fully expect him to fall in the draft - he's a '94, who is fully developed size-wise (210lbs already) and is playing on a bad team. These players tend to go lower than people expect. I doubt he'll make it past 20 though, too much upside to ignore.

Old
04-06-2013, 03:08 PM
DJB

vCash: 964
Big fan of Pulock too. Love his offenisve upside.

Old
04-07-2013, 02:00 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

has anyone seen jeremy gregoire of baie-comeau play? judging from the numbers only, he looks intriguing. regular season was meh but he looks dominant in the playoffs. he's also one the the youngest players in the draft, born 95-9-5.

youtube-research says he dropped the gloves quite a few times.

as a 16yo vs. a 20yo:

Last edited by KAPOW: 04-07-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Obviously it's a bit of a pipe-dream, but I would love nothing more than to see Ottawa move up somehow (we have the assets) to grab Monahan if he is available after the top 5. To have Monahan in the system would just be...amazing.

Old
04-07-2013, 04:29 PM
dan1el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Not sure that's really an option. Right now I'm thinking that if there's going to be a team that would make a deal with us it would be a team that is going into full-rebuild or is close to it.

A team like Calgary, Dallas, Florida, Colorado and maybe Nashville.

Possible targets, or at least players I would be intereted in would be guys like Eriksson, Hornqvist and Fleischmann as well as defencemen like Johnson, Blum or Gudbranson.
I would give an arm and leg to get him on our team.

Old
04-07-2013, 11:28 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
I would give an arm and leg to get him on our team.
I think most people would. I highly doubt he's available though. The price would probably be something that would be difficult to swallow, also. 1st + Noesen + Ceci I'd imagine (I'd probably try to see if they'd take the 2014 1st).

However...

Eriksson - Spezza - Stone
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg

That top 6 matches up with any top 6 in the league. Alternatively I wouldn't mind moving Turris to RW at this point to see how he'd fare with Spezza.

Eriksson - Spezza - Turris
Michalek - Da Costa - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg

Still...if I'm aiming for anything this draft it's Monahan. If there's some way we can come away with him I would be ecstatic.

Closed Thread