HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF-NYR Fantasy Keeper League - Discussion Thread Part V (Waiting List Open!!!)

Old
09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Ask RKY about that. I'd imagine injured players are still on their teams roster. Player who aren't playing at all this year aren't/ (KHL, hiatus, etc...)
gotcha

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 06:45 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Injured players (like Pronger, Sauer, Savard) can be used since they are still on the teams rosters. Thomas is not valid because he's taking a year off. Players like Zhereev, Frolov, Radulov have contracts overseas and can't be used.

09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
samash

Im interested in participating this year. Send me a PM here with details please.

samash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
HeaveHo94

lets sim already! lol
Back with a vengeance !!

Old
09-12-2012, 07:21 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samash View Post
Im interested in participating this year. Send me a PM here with details please.
Everything is listed in the first post.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Injured players (like Pronger, Sauer, Savard) can be used since they are still on the teams rosters. Thomas is not valid because he's taking a year off. Players like Zhereev, Frolov, Radulov have contracts overseas and can't be used.
Hey everyone,

I raised this issue awhile back, but I think we need to have a discussion about if we want to include injuries in the game, which I guess would likely include the above players as well. Of course they suck when they happen to your own players, but that's part of the game and by not including them we give certain teams a very unfair advantage. Teams that are built smaller to put up more points on lower lines do not have to worry about their guys not performing. Not to mention teams that are not built as deep, mine included ironically enough, don't have a disadvantage even though they put together a weaker team.

As I said earlier it is always lame to have an injury occur for your team, but that idea shouldn't be left to punish teams that have been built correctly in order to try and minimize that.

Original Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:17 AM
HeaveHo94

i vote no, keep it simple.

Old
09-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

vCash: 50
I'm down with leaving injuries on for all the reasons OB mentioned. I like realism and that's pretty realistic, however, I do not want to leave my player's health into the hands of EASports,

because sometimes the injuries to my players make no sense. Out 3 months with torn ACL. comes back...two games later hes out 4 months with Concussion. People would be getting

pissed. I'd have to vote no as well.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
From what I've seen, injuries have been turned down in 13

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

If they're turned down then it's up to the commish, but i'm pretty sure injuries will remain off for the simple reason of making things easier for everyone. Including RKY who will have to

keep up with our roster adjustments. I just don't see it being a good idea. But that's my opinion, whatever's clever, I'll roll with it.

Old
09-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post
As I said earlier it is always lame to have an injury occur for your team, but that idea shouldn't be left to punish teams that have been built correctly in order to try and minimize that.
Quote:
I'm down with leaving injuries on for all the reasons OB mentioned. I like realism and that's pretty realistic, however, I do not want to leave my player's health into the hands of EASports
Quote:
If they're turned down then it's up to the commish, but i'm pretty sure injuries will remain off for the simple reason of making things easier for everyone. Including RKY who will have to

keep up with our roster adjustments. I just don't see it being a good idea. But that's my opinion, whatever's clever, I'll roll with it.
I'd be fine with injuries on. Makes it more realistic, makes owners need/want deeper teams to contend vs just scraping by (as I'm currently attempting to do), and makes depth very important - which will encourage trades throughout the season.

However the idea of allowing EA Sports to dictate players careers in this regard is as scary as hell. Plus the extra work RKY (and everyone else) to keep the lines up to date.

I'm fine with whatever... but think that in the order of simplicity it would make everyone's lives a lot easier if they were off.

Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

STILL looking for cap dumps.

I need to reach the cap floor.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'd be fine with injuries on. Makes it more realistic, makes owners need/want deeper teams to contend vs just scraping by (as I'm currently attempting to do), and makes depth very important - which will encourage trades throughout the season.

However the idea of allowing EA Sports to dictate players careers in this regard is as scary as hell. Plus the extra work RKY (and everyone else) to keep the lines up to date.

I'm fine with whatever... but think that in the order of simplicity it would make everyone's lives a lot easier if they were off.
Agree 100%. I can already see it now, someone's star player gets injured for the whole season and then there's a huge issue which is only exacerbated by the fact that we will be playing in real time. So you literally have a player who is injured for 7, 8, 9+ actual months. I'll pass on that.

Old
09-13-2012, 08:54 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I know I have a couple of PM's waiting for me in my inbox but I'm just waiting on someone else before I respond to you.

I will also explain my decision about injuries when I get on my computer next time.

Old
09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

As was said before, as great an idea as injuries seem (assuming we are simming one week at a time), one injury will completely screw up the sim. That GM would then have to adjust his roster, and everyone else would have to wait. And yes, you could have the computer autofill injuries, but I would rather replace the injured player with who I want, not who the computer puts in.

I think that injuries do make it more realistic, but it would screw up simulation in this league. Doesn't make logistical sense.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post

I think the bolded part has to be the biggest concern and rightfully so. Real-life should dictate it instead of EA so this is what I propose instead of just letting EA do it.

1. Turn injuries off in EA

2. If a player misses 1 month or whatever the time decided is in real-life then they have to be moved off of the lineup for that same amount of time. I propose it's more longer term injuries to make life easier and not worry about the nicks and bangs that don't effect much.

3. I would also suggest setting a minimum for the amount of time a player would be considered injured. For example, if a player in real-life misses 3 weeks or 10 games ( either format is fine though I think the week would be easier) and the minimum for the number of games a player has to be injured for in order to effect the EA game is 4 weeks then the player would be used in our game as if nothing happened. However, if he is injured for 4+ weeks then he would have to be removed from the game for 4+ weeks. So if he's out for 5 weeks then he is removed from our game for 5 weeks.

A problem that could arise is that we in my mind would have to use this on a delay from real-life, but that doesn't seem as much of a concern in order to maintain fairness in the league. As for reassigning players that are injured, if you can't figure out who you are going to replace an injured player with in a week let alone the time a player then there are probably bigger concerns.

Original Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420
Also, scratch what I said about less injuries.

I just had Gaborik, Stepan, and Lundqvist injured, facing a Devils team that had Elias, Henrique, and Volchenkov injured

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
HeaveHo94

pain in the ass, injuries off.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

So did our fantasy league get locked out too? Whats going on? Are we still on hiatus or..?

Old
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Life unexpectedly caught up with me and will for the foreseeable future.

I know I still have pm's in my inbox that need to be taken care of.

Basically in regards to injuries 96% of the league wants the off and I agree with them because of 2 reasons:

1) I don't want to put the faith of everyone's teams in EA's messed up hands. You want to reward teams for the rosters that they built and they good/stacked teams deserve to reap the rewards of that. They shouldn't have to suffer because EA decided that the player would be injured.

2) Quite frankly life took an unexpected turn and I won't have the time to update lines of 10 teams prior to every sim period. I need to keep things as simple as possible for me because I still want to run this game but I really don't know if I'll have the time anymore. Turning injuries off limits the roster moves and allows me to try to get the sim done quicker and smoother.

The modified system proposed was interesting but again it not only gets too dicey in regards to who should be deemed unavailable but it still means many roster updates.

I don't really have time to check the boards from work anymore and I can't anticipate how many hours of overtime I will need to do. To make this as simple as possible would be most ideal because I'm going to try everything in my power to keep this going.

Old
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

This game has made the offseason fly by, so now with the lockout, I feel like it's a saving grace. Every single person here is having a blast with this game, and It could not have been run any better. I hope everything's OK man, and life is definitely more important than this game or this site. If there's anything I can do (and I'm sure many others will help as well) let me know man.

I also agree, turning injuries off would just make everything easier.

And I personally don't mind if my PM goes unanswered especially if you're busy. I just had an eerie feeling that the game was fading away a little and wanted to make sure one way or the other. Again, if there's anything any of us can do to take some of the load off of you man, let us know. Maybe I can even go to work for you haha nahh, but anything else let me know.

Old
09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Everything is fine. It's just I got moved to a new team at work with the biggest study in the company and was unexpected.

This game is definitely going to continue on, no questions asked. I'm just trying to make this game a little easier to manage this making my life a little easier to manage.

The reason this game is slow is because it's the offseason and outside of a couple of outstanding trades there's not much else to do.

It will be fine once the season kicks off.

Old
09-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

No worries mate, just checking in and since the lockout I need something hockey-related to turn to. I'm still here though, and sounds like maybe this new position at your job is a good thing? If that's the case, that's awesome man.

I'm looking forward to our season.

Old
09-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

Dear GMs:

The Montreal Canadiens are looking to dump some salary before the start of the 2012-2013 season. There are a few players who are particularly available, but anyone could be had for the right price. By "anyone" I mean anyone with significant salary (not prospects).

We are looking for a 3-4 Dman and depending on who is leaving our club we might require additional pieces. Thank you.

-Killem Dafoe (President/General Manager)

Old
09-19-2012, 07:09 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I'm going to be doing a roll call in the near future to make sure everyone is still around. I'll also do one before the season starts because there are still rosters to be updated and we have to get all the special teams up.