HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 MLB Thread Part III

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 05:32 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc e View Post
His ankle is broken.
It's only broken when the cameras are on it. It's a quantum fracture.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:34 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Oh come on, i don't buy that at all...its a regular season game vs a playoff game and it's not like Jets fans packed Metlife...Yankee Stadium sold out only game 3 against Baltimore. Pulling an Atlanta...but even they show up for the Championship Series...
Dude, you're a Mets fan. Find something else to complain about

Old
10-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Might be that ticket prices are too high, or maybe baseball's popularity is falling. It is odd to see empty seats for playoff games though.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:38 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Might be that ticket prices are too high, or maybe baseball's popularity is falling. It is odd to see empty seats for playoff games though.
The tickets on the secondary have been cheap. I can't say I know what face is though.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The scheduling was kind of weird too. Many fans didn't buy tickets in advance because the last game of the ALDS was the night before the first game of the ALCS.

Old
10-14-2012, 05:43 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
The scheduling was kind of weird too. Many fans didn't buy tickets in advance because the last game of the ALDS was the night before the first game of the ALCS.
That doesn't help either. And people would be hesitant to walk up the box office the day of

Old
10-14-2012, 06:10 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Dude, you're a Mets fan. Find something else to complain about
What does being a Mets fan have to do with anything? They sold out game 3, and thats it. Its a playoff game and with their massive fan base, really, thats sad.

What, because I'm a Mets fan and we refuse to financially fund a man who's trying to rival Wang in terms of sucking as an owner by paying for games, I can't talk about attendance?

Old
10-14-2012, 07:42 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I too think it is weird that the most popular NY metro team in any sport has only sold out one game. Not a jab, just an observation.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:47 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
What does being a Mets fan have to do with anything? They sold out game 3, and thats it. Its a playoff game and with their massive fan base, really, thats sad.

What, because I'm a Mets fan and we refuse to financially fund a man who's trying to rival Wang in terms of sucking as an owner by paying for games, I can't talk about attendance?
You are a Met/Devil/Red Bull fan. I'm pretty sure that leaves you no ground criticize other team fan bases.

I will also guarantee if the Mets had a playoff game this afternoon they wouldn't sell out either

Old
10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
apice3*

It's also gotten really cold really quickly. I remember a few years ago I was wearing short sleeves throwing a football around with my Dad on Halloween. Now I can't go outside without a hoodie.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Yankees. Come on.

Old
10-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Much like when other fan bases often do not understand why the Devils don't have a fan base as large as others or consistent sell out crowds given all of our success, due to being the newest franchise out of the 2 others within 100 miles of each other thus having a younger fan base, the Yankees have run into a pricing issue with things both in and out of their control

The pricing at the new stadium is out of control and many of the "season ticket holders" are brokers who signed up thinking the new stadium would be a gold mine for them given how successful the old stadium was in selling out nearly every game each season and now they're stuck with trying to get rid of tickets and many, many go unsold

Then you have the $35-$45 parking prices which were the regular season prices, I don't even want to know the playoff prices and not many want to or are willing to walk the 5+ blocks to park for cheaper or like the majority are not aware of those options and just wing parking as a last minute thing when they pull up to the stadium

and then you have for a majority of the crowd, bridge or tunnel toll fees of $12 or so and then you have food and beverage costs as well

Adding that all up for an average person, a $60 ticket plus splitting parking with another at $20, plus a $12 toll fee, plus food and beverage at $25 you're looking at a $117 night which unfortunately in these times has driven out many of the fans that were at the old stadium on a consistent basis to see strictly a ball game and not toy around on a cell phone or to find wifi in the cafe behind home plate with a latte in hand

For the regular season, what I just posted is what I feel understandable and is actually cheaper, however I too am surprised at how poor of a turnout there have been at the home games this post season - I could understand there being some spotty areas throughout the stadium, but I did not expect there to be spotty areas in just about every section

Old
10-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's also gotten really cold really quickly. I remember a few years ago I was wearing short sleeves throwing a football around with my Dad on Halloween. Now I can't go outside without a hoodie.
Want to trade friend? It's freakin muggy here. Don't know why

Old
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Want to trade friend? It's freakin muggy here. Don't know why
It wasn't cold today but it was freezing the last few days by my standards.

Old
10-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It wasn't cold today but it was freezing the last few days by my standards.
I enjoy freezing temperatures :S

Old
10-15-2012, 12:18 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Old
10-15-2012, 12:26 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Yankee tears sustain me

Old
10-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Nick0930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
You gotta score runs to win games. Bad call, but didn't make a difference in the end.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

True but it's nice to have the umps make the right calls. Yankees can only blame themselves and themselves being the offense. The pitching staff has nothing to be ashamed of.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

I don't really care. Any excuse to post that Trautwig clip pretty much!

Old
10-15-2012, 01:13 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

That's the good thing about being a Met fan. All your woes are gone by September. Can't be mad in October.

Old
10-15-2012, 01:17 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
You are a Met/Devil/Red Bull fan. I'm pretty sure that leaves you no ground criticize other team fan bases.

I will also guarantee if the Mets had a playoff game this afternoon they wouldn't sell out either
The Mets would have 100 percent sold out an NLCS game today. Capacity is only 42,500 and they haven't been to the playoffs since 06. I think a big part of the Yanks not selling out has to do with the pricing and schedule as some have mentioned but also Yankee fans being bored with winning or taking it for granted. They've been in the playoffs every year for God knows how long with the exception of 08. ALDS and early games of the ALCS aren't exactly unfamiliar territory for Yankee fans anymore so why shell out big money for these games? I'd fully expect games 6 and 7 as well as any WS games if they get that far to be sold out. It was bizarre though to see empty seats and dirt cheap ticket prices on the secondary market though. I thought the Yanks did a good job of pricing the upper deck and bleachers for these games but just like the regular season, all the other levels are way overpriced.

Also, anyone catch Swisher's heel turn on the Yankee fans? Even if what was said to him by the fans out in right field was bad, you'll never win by taking on the fans in the media.

10-15-2012, 01:45 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

The Mets never sell out anything and yes even they they've been awful there has always been a ridiculous amount of pessimism shown by their fans. And to add that Met fans are usually Jet fans as well they would have had issues filling up today.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:28 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:

In regards to attendance, I can't speak as a Red bull and Devil fan. the Mets pack the house when their competent by their own standards. Thats why the Mets averaged 51 thousand in 2008 and just under 39,000 in 2009.

I'd be willing to bet you 300 dollars that if the Mets had a post season game this after noon, not only would it be sold out including standing room only, the scalpers would be making a killing outside. We don't take the playoffs for granted. Hell, if we were still in Shea, we'd sellout.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:50 AM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
The Mets would have 100 percent sold out an NLCS game today. Capacity is only 42,500 and they haven't been to the playoffs since 06. I think a big part of the Yanks not selling out has to do with the pricing and schedule as some have mentioned but also Yankee fans being bored with winning or taking it for granted. They've been in the playoffs every year for God knows how long with the exception of 08. ALDS and early games of the ALCS aren't exactly unfamiliar territory for Yankee fans anymore so why shell out big money for these games? I'd fully expect games 6 and 7 as well as any WS games if they get that far to be sold out. It was bizarre though to see empty seats and dirt cheap ticket prices on the secondary market though. I thought the Yanks did a good job of pricing the upper deck and bleachers for these games but just like the regular season, all the other levels are way overpriced.

Also, anyone catch Swisher's heel turn on the Yankee fans? Even if what was said to him by the fans out in right field was bad, you'll never win by taking on the fans in the media.
Why doesn't this excuse apply to the Devils too?

Closed Thread