HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoytoSakic View Post
Do me a favour will you
Go find Hayley Wickenheiser, meet her face to face, tell her she doesn't deserve to be in the game and that she's overrated. If you filmed it that would be even better.

Also is that fear I sense? Are all you anti-Hayley/Angela boys really that scared that women are going to take over the NHL franchise? Want to know why us "white knights" that you keep making fun of don't care what their rated?

If women and girls want to live their dreams by playing as either woman in the NHL on a video game then they can. Your probably one of those boys that thinks girls shouldn't be even allowed to play boys hockey at any level in any league.

I would like to add something in the realm of a short pier and a long walk but I'm sure that's against the rules.
Yup, this is all it is. A lot of the whining about the legends to me sounds like "Wahhh but I said NO GIRLS in my treehouse!!" It won't have any impact on the actual gameplay (seriously, even in HUT it will be almost irrelevant that they're there); it's just an addition that makes the game more inclusive of girls/women.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:22 PM
thrillhouse99

The HUT changes look interesting to say the least. I really liked managing the contracts and boosting the players ratings up knowing I would sell them in 40 games when the contract ran out and the salary went up. I think the new changes are going to take some of the creativity out of it. There really is no point of using CHL players anymore if you can't boost them for more than one game, so all we are going to see is complete teams of NHL players and the most important thing to do will be to get high rated superstars from the NHL to play on your top lines.

I'm going to have to play it to make a fair assessment of it, but I have a feeling that HUT will be a lot less enjoyable for me than in years past.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Falkrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse99 View Post
The HUT changes look interesting to say the least. I really liked managing the contracts and boosting the players ratings up knowing I would sell them in 40 games when the contract ran out and the salary went up. I think the new changes are going to take some of the creativity out of it. There really is no point of using CHL players anymore if you can't boost them for more than one game, so all we are going to see is complete teams of NHL players and the most important thing to do will be to get high rated superstars from the NHL to play on your top lines.

I'm going to have to play it to make a fair assessment of it, but I have a feeling that HUT will be a lot less enjoyable for me than in years past.
Is training really only for one game? The heck is the point of using 14 training cards on a player if its for one game lol

Old
09-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Turambar

Quote:
Years past?

NHL '12 was the first appearance of HUt; what have you been playing?

Old
09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by turambar View Post
years past?

Nhl '12 was the first appearance of hut; what have you been playing?
nhl 11?

Old
09-01-2012, 04:36 PM
glasgow26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Years past?

HUT was introduced in NHL 11.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:37 PM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turambar View Post
Years past?

Ive been playing HUT the last two years. NHL 11 and 12.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:37 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Ekblad View Post
Is training really only for one game? The heck is the point of using 14 training cards on a player if its for one game lol
Could be a really big game \_(ツ)_/

Old
09-01-2012, 04:39 PM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Ekblad View Post
Thats what I'm thinking, it completely takes the CHLers out of HUT if that's the case. I suspect what i'm going to be doing is not using boost cards at all or stockpiling +4 and +5 skating and using those on my good players every game.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:40 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
For whatever reason my HUT tournament keeps freezing. Once it froze right before I started the finals, and once right after the first game. I'm on PS3 BTW. NHL 12 froze in HUT sometimes also. I can't imagine it's very difficult to fix that. It's not so bad in the demo, but it used to be very frustrating whenever I would be on the verge of winning a tournament and it freezes.

Old
09-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Thats what I'm thinking, it completely takes the CHLers out of HUT if that's the case. I suspect what i'm going to be doing is not using boost cards at all or stockpiling +4 and +5 skating and using those on my good players every game.
I did like using Yakupov and Galchenyuk, or Johansen, Baertschi and Nino, but having so many of those guys at 99 was a but overkill in my opinion. So I'm okay with that. it's the no careers I'm worried about though.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Koogar

I doubt it, but if anyone has the game and could answer this question : In BAP, can you finally sim games and not be demoted from your line, like do they finally rely on stats? Wondering that because with the new GM Brain, it could be possible.

Thanks!

Old
09-01-2012, 05:20 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
The article posted above talks about contract values increasing with skill ... so reading into it it sounds like the training will work as usual. Maybe the demo is just wonky. I know if I applied to cards in the demo it would negate the first one I applied ... which is even more ridiculous. So I'm going to assume it's just a glitch.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
The article posted above talks about contract values increasing with skill ... so reading into it it sounds like the training will work as usual. Maybe the demo is just wonky. I know if I applied to cards in the demo it would negate the first one I applied ... which is even more ridiculous. So I'm going to assume it's just a glitch.
I dunno, I'm sure they said permanent training was nixed in an earlier article. I'm on a mobile device now so looking it up would be a hassle. I know they said training would last one game though.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
I dunno, I'm sure they said permanent training was nixed in an earlier article. I'm on a mobile device now so looking it up would be a hassle. I know they said training would last one game though.
Hmmm well that seems pretty dumb then. Not sure I'm too keen on the changes they've made. I've played almost exclusively HUT the last 2 years, hopefully it isn't as bad as I fear its going to be ... and hopefully GM Connected is good. If it is that will probably be my mode of choice anyways.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:45 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Yup, this is all it is. A lot of the whining about the legends to me sounds like "Wahhh but I said NO GIRLS in my treehouse!!" It won't have any impact on the actual gameplay (seriously, even in HUT it will be almost irrelevant that they're there); it's just an addition that makes the game more inclusive of girls/women.
Please go find me the list of women who are now going to buy this game because of it.

Its another shameful pandering move by EA.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:57 PM
korndog81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Please go find me the list of women who are now going to buy this game because of it.

Its another shameful pandering move by EA.
Go find me a list of people who won't buy the game because of the female legends.

Old
09-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Hmmm well that seems pretty dumb then. Not sure I'm too keen on the changes they've made. I've played almost exclusively HUT the last 2 years, hopefully it isn't as bad as I fear its going to be ... and hopefully GM Connected is good. If it is that will probably be my mode of choice anyways.
I'm in the same boat. I'll still play HUT a ton but the changes just seem unnecessary.

Old
09-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:

I find that depends a lot on how creative EA will be when it comes to the HUT. If I were them I would have tournaments online with certain categories: SEL only, one nationality only and CHL only and I would have higher bonuses for winning those to try to attract more people to use those players. It would also increase the value of players like Huberdeau, Yakupov, etc.

Old
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Is there any difference between the manual power skate *holding down RS right away* as opposed to letting him auto-powerskate? (happens a couple seconds after you start skating in a straight line not pressing RS)

Old
09-01-2012, 06:54 PM
WhatASaveDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticktotheface View Post
So my demo is glitched out where in play now, the devils are replaced by the sharks but the shark logo is missing and whenever I start the match, it crashes... True story...
same

Old
09-01-2012, 07:09 PM
thrillhouse99

Quote:
I have been really into HUT the last two years, and my suspicion is that I will either absolutely love the new version or I won't and won't play it much at all.

I don't understand why salary goes up when you add consumables if there is no salary cap anymore. It's a little confusing to say the least.

Old
09-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

vCash: 50
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...9#post54027949
I made a direct comparison between player ratings.. The ratings make a lot of sense for the most part when you compare players directly..

Old
09-01-2012, 07:53 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
This thread reeks of white knights

Old
09-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
Is there any difference between the manual power skate *holding down RS right away* as opposed to letting him auto-powerskate? (happens a couple seconds after you start skating in a straight line not pressing RS)
I feel like the manual power skate is faster, might just be in my head.

Closed Thread