HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
09-04-2012, 05:47 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
EA is doing a terrible job explaining the what are and aren't the limitations with GM Connect.

I have sooo many questions and when I look around for them there is no answer because of the lack of information from EA.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:05 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
I've played GM Connected, they actually look really really really good. Extremely accurate, EA really outdid themselvesg this year.
I hope you're right. The past two years they have been brutal.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yandle Bars View Post
I've played GM Connected, they actually look really really really good. Extremely accurate, EA really outdid themselves this year.
Let me talk to one or two amateur scouts and I can do their prospects ratings for free.. will take me 2 days

''Outdid'' themselves you're right... they finally got off their ass and started working

Old
09-04-2012, 06:08 PM

They really should have got this game perfected by now but they have not... they have released a half-assed product for 20 years now but since it's the only thing on the market, they still sell outrageous number of copies of the game

It's a shame they are JUST starting to get things right... and there are still a million things they could improve on...

And with the jump to the next generation of console soon, who knows how many features we have now, that they will throw away and go in a totally different direction again...

Old
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I hope you're right. The past two years they have been brutal.
What? You don't like Mike Smith from North Korea?

Old
09-04-2012, 06:32 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
The passing is still garbage, pretty sure weber can make a tape to tape pass to stamkos without him fumbling it...twice...in a row

peewee players can pivot better than these d man, they dump it in my dman takes 5 seconds to turn around and go at it, my winger beats him there
Thank you! I could not agree more.

09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
few things annoying me

The passing is still garbage, pretty sure weber can make a tape to tape pass to stamkos without him fumbling it...twice...in a row

peewee players can pivot better than these d man, they dump it in my dman takes 5 seconds to turn around and go at it, my winger beats him there

stickliftings useless ive gotten more penalties than checks
Amen on all accounts. Especially the d-man part.

It's like the devs sat around a table thinkin of ways to make their new skating engine seem like its good. And the best thing they could think of was to make it harder to play D so everyone thinks the new skating helps them get more chances.

Old
09-04-2012, 07:19 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
What? You don't like Mike Smith from North Korea?
I was talking about the CHL ratings already in the game. MacKinnon, Ekblad, Shinkaruk, etc.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
EA is doing a terrible job explaining the what are and aren't the limitations with GM Connect.

I have sooo many questions and when I look around for them there is no answer because of the lack of information from EA.
What kind of questions do you have? They have given out quite a bit of info. Obviously it would be tedious to release every little detail.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
They really should have got this game perfected by now but they have not... they have released a half-assed product for 20 years now but since it's the only thing on the market, they still sell outrageous number of copies of the game

It's a shame they are JUST starting to get things right... and there are still a million things they could improve on...

And with the jump to the next generation of console soon, who knows how many features we have now, that they will throw away and go in a totally different direction again...
Probably because if they made the perfect game that they wouldn't sell others in the upcoming years.... unless you wanna pay $60 for them to do roster updates.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Dovahkiin
Geno! Geno! Geno!

Quote:

That right there, is where you're right. IMO i think EA is really going to **** up with the console jump.

Old
09-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Ominous Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
I'm sorry, but this demo is complete dookie.

The aesthetics/physics of the skating really doesn't do much for me.

Goalies, I like how they move better now, except of the invisible force around them.(can't wait for goalie collisions to be a "new feature" again in nhl 14!)

Are players randomly flopping and diving for anyone else or was it just the Kings? It's like they would get tapped, take two steps, do a barrell roll and then roll on the ice. Looked absolutely moronic.

It's such a shame that NHL plays like complete garbage year after year, yet FIFA is probably the best sports game out there.
The game is great.

This is the best sports demo I've ever played. 1000x better than NHL 12, which was a disaster.

The skating is friggin' amazing. The absence of 20 goalie collisions a game is a good thing. The hitting is infinitely better than last year.

I don't know what demo you played. Maybe you played 12 by accident?

Old
09-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Shoeless Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
The game is great.

This is the best sports demo I've ever played. 1000x better than NHL 12, which was a disaster.

The skating is friggin' amazing. The absence of 20 goalie collisions a game is a good thing. The hitting is infinitely better than last year.

Can you explain to me how nhl 12 was a disaster?

Old
09-04-2012, 11:52 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Just played 12 for the 1st time since the 13 demo came out. The 13 demo is already better than 12 ever was. The skating is so much more realistic, the game is even less Arcady, 13 will be fantastic IMO

Old
09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Madic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotato Chips View Post
Can you explain to me how nhl 12 was a disaster?
Disaster is an overly strong word, but how was it much, much worse than 13 so far...?

Decent demo, then ruined the game with tuners. Cross-ice pass, one timer and in. Over and over and over. Terrible interception logic by AI defence. Figure skating? Sure. No weight to any players. Five hole goals? Nope. AI players that refuse to cover their man in front of the net. Etcetc.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

They added female legends? What? Is that necessary?

I think everyone, including female fans, would rather have more actual NHL legends

Old
09-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madic View Post
Disaster is an overly strong word, but how was it much, much worse than 13 so far...?

Decent demo, then ruined the game with tuners. Cross-ice pass, one timer and in. Over and over and over. Terrible interception logic by AI defence. Figure skating? Sure. No weight to any players. Five hole goals? Nope. AI players that refuse to cover their man in front of the net. Etcetc.
I agree on the interception Logic by AI defense. A cross ice pass that goes right threw the defenders skates only to have the offensive player pick up the puck with no problem 5 feet behind him.

Also couldn't stand my defense leaving the front of the net unmanned.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:21 AM
DG

Quote:

I have no love for EA, but this is really not a fair assessment. I feel like you should give them some credit for the jump to 3D, the introduction of the skill stick, etc...

Yes, they seemed to left a lot of the same bugs and issues in the last few games, but let's not try and pretend that the series hasn't come a long way, even since NHL 06.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madic View Post

Despite the above, I couldn't agree with this more. NHL 12 was the most infuriating NHL game in years.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
The game is great.

Own NHL 12, brah and it sucks too.

It amazes me how terrible games have been since the NHL2k games on Dreamcast, which are arguably the best NHL games of all-time.

The skating is 90% cosmetic and adds nothing in my opinion. The game is so infinitely broken. I don't know how you think removing goalie collisions is a good thing. You think the skating is "amazing", because it's more realistic, yes? How does one explain the forcefield around goalies now in terms of "realism"? Hitting is a jooooooooooooke.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:11 PM
SteelCitySaviour

Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
You people are being babies. is the game fun? i think it is. as someone who has played real hockey all my life, the new skating mechanics are phenomenal. players actually transition and move realistically (for the most part) and the overhaul to be a gm is great simply for the fact that they did it. we will see how it turns out but its great that they are trying to give the ai a sense of purpose.

are there flaws? of course. but with the amount of crying babies in this thread you'd think that no one has ever bought a hockey game before, since all you see is whining.

i know i am going to enjoy the heck out of this game, even though fifa is the one Im looking forward to the most

Old
09-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Own NHL 12, brah and it sucks too.

It amazes me how terrible games have been since the NHL2k games on Dreamcast, which are arguably the best NHL games of all-time.

The skating is 90% cosmetic and adds nothing in my opinion. The game is so infinitely broken. I don't know how you think removing goalie collisions is a good thing. You think the skating is "amazing", because it's more realistic, yes? How does one explain the forcefield around goalies now in terms of "realism"? Hitting is a jooooooooooooke.
You know we were playing the demo not the actual game. They have been tweaking things.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:23 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySaviour View Post
You people are being babies. is the game fun?

No..

Old
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Falco5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Just played 12 for the 1st time since the 13 demo came out. The 13 demo is already better than 12 ever was. The skating is so much more realistic, the game is even less Arcady, 13 will be fantastic IMO
I couldn't agree with this more. I wasn't sure how I felt about the new physics in 13 until I went back to play a game of 12. I really enjoyed nhl 12 even if it was unrealistic, but playing 12 after playing the demo of 13 made me realize how much of an improvement 13 is. I don't know exactly why but something about the way the game flows is a ton better. I have seen strange glitches in the 13 Demo when players run in to each other but hopefully those are being addressed and won't be present when the game comes out.

Old
09-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 135
It's amazing how this has an almost perfect 50/50 split of people who hate it an people who love it.

Old
09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
No..
Then why do you care? Just don't buy the game.

Closed Thread