HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2012, 01:51 PM
DoubleAAAA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epinephrine View Post
I got a Lemieux in my first pack with only 5 career games

Then I got an Yzerman legends card later on that I sold on the market for a boatload.
I did have the Howe 5 gamer I guess ... very useful

At least you pulled an Yzerman ... I think a Sedin is the best card I pulled all year.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:08 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by epinephrine View Post
I got a Lemieux in my first pack with only 5 career games

Then I got an Yzerman legends card later on that I sold on the market for a boatload.
Everyone got a legend in their first pack with 5 career games as a trial type thing.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:18 PM
leeaf83
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to leeaf83 Send a message via Yahoo to leeaf83
Am I the only one who see's the double standard in whining that two modern female players are garnering similar ratings to players who could skate circles around them yet have no problem with them putting a Gordie Howe from 60 years prior into the game and pretending he wouldn't get destroyed in the modern NHL?

I'm all for them including females but curious why those mad about it aren't questioning how they will rate their hitting skills seeing as how they played in a league which never allowed it.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:25 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post
Am I the only one who see's the double standard in whining that two modern female players are garnering similar ratings to players who could skate circles around them yet have no problem with them putting a Gordie Howe from 60 years prior into the game and pretending he wouldn't get destroyed in the modern NHL?

I'm all for them including females but curious why those mad about it aren't questioning how they will rate their hitting skills seeing as how they played in a league which never allowed it.
You're not the only one. See my post three before yours.

Old
08-29-2012, 02:28 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaf83 View Post

Old
08-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Aaronxxx

it's a shame that so many people are concerned with legends being in the game. i could care less. i want basic mechanics fixed and ea to show some effort in making these games.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:14 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
it's a shame that so many people are concerned with legends being in the game. i could care less. i want basic mechanics fixed and ea to show some effort in making these games.
This guy's got it right.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
It is a shame, considering they are nothing more than another 'created player' with a custom face texture. Animation of some 16 year old kid in jr league is the same as that of Gretzky. I mean come on!

I can understand talking about mechanics of the game (which really are new this year!), it is a SHAME to see 5+ pages of talking about a CGI model with a modeled pony tail or something. Or who was picked to have face textures. It took the Devs probably a couple of weeks (if that!) to create these players, and years to bring the game to what it is.

If you really want to see someone in the game, just go and create a player and name him whatever you want. Skate around and enjoy the SAME damn thing as every other player model with slightly different stats.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:35 PM
slightlystewpid420

vCash: 250
Idk if this has been mentioned or not but for the GM connected leagues or gm mode in general are the real players going to get stat updates or is it just going to be different every draft. Basically will mackinnon jones shinaruk and all of them be hyped in nhl 13 like they are in real life. Or will it be like every other nhl game?

Old
08-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Once again, anyone who wastes serious energy being concerned/complaining about the ratings of female players in Legend mode needs to take a step back and evaluate their priorities.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:43 PM
AlanHUK
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Nobody is being sexist (yet). Use some logic here. If Euro players are rated extremely low, and she was tier 3 in the Euro league, why should she have a high rating?

Why isn't Bobby Orr in the game?
someone stated in a previous thread that each individual has to give consent for their likeness to be in the game post retirement.

So the reasons for no Orr could be anything from it costing too much, to he simply doesn't want to be involved.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 50
I asked EA on twitter if Yzerman and Howe are in this year's game and they replied they are not. So disappointed.

Old
08-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Thepainter

Hey guys, guess what? Go create a character, give him the name of a legend, and you have your very own legend!

That's what EA does, although they probably pay some intern to make the legends... i'm guessing it takes about a day for all legends.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepainter View Post
Hey guys, guess what? Go create a character, give him the name of a legend, and you have your very own legend!

That's what EA does, although they probably pay some intern to make the legends... i'm guessing it takes about a day for all legends.
You realize in last year's game, they had unique faces, and in Howe's case, he didn't have a helmet...You can't create that.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Thepainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
You realize in last year's game, they had unique faces, and in Howe's case, he didn't have a helmet...You can't create that.
Yeah, and this year they don't have unique faces, and they all have helmets. You can create that!

Old
08-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
Yeah, and this year they don't have unique faces, and they all have helmets. You can create that!
It's why the whole thing this year is really underwhelming and disappointing. They've even removed players from the previous addition.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
I asked EA on twitter if Yzerman and Howe are in this year's game and they replied they are not. So disappointed.
Wow, now I'm pissed.

Howe's jockstrap > Wickenheiser + Ruggiero's careers combined.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:18 PM
matt1396

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but im looking for an OTP GM Connected league for the xbox to join. I have no idea if there are any out there and since im a rookie user on this site I cannot start a thread about it myself. Is there anyone out their who can point me in the right direction maybe?

Old
08-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Thepainter

Quote:
It's why the whole thing this year is really underwhelming and disappointing. They've even removed players from the previous addition.
Wait... what?

Old
08-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Idk if this has been mentioned or not but for the GM connected leagues or gm mode in general are the real players going to get stat updates or is it just going to be different every draft. Basically will mackinnon jones shinaruk and all of them be hyped in nhl 13 like they are in real life. Or will it be like every other nhl game?
It will probably be like every other game

Old
08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Just played the Demo last night, wanted to give my 2 cents...

Overall I give it a B+

I think the new skating is great and perfectly realistic. True Broadcast is awesome!! I love the speed boosts and momentum swings, but I'm having a lot of trouble scoring. 2 on 1's I feel are very hard to execute a pass and one-time it. Power Plays I'm having trouble setting up using the vision control feature. (Is there a trick to this, by the way?) Faceoffs are nearly impossible for me right now, what is the secret to winning one!!

Really looking forward to the GM connected, but I still don't understand how the scheduling will work. Do you just play whatever GM is online at that time? Do you have to always make your scheduled games?

08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I'll probably create a few players for the legend team. The only annoying thing was that as the team had a roster limit you couldn't remove the current NHL players into the free agent list as you'd have two Sidney Crosby's etc which would just ruin the game so is there another way of removing them if they've kept current players in there?

Old
08-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
Wait... what?
I asked EA on twitter if Howe and Yzerman were returning, and they informed me they are not.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
breaking news Nathan MacKinnon plays for the Halifax Mooseheads!

So yes he'll be in the game and availble to be drafted in 2013

The real question is what kind of potential ratings will he have

Old
08-29-2012, 06:24 PM
DG

Quote:
Ok I'll give you that... that's stupid.

Closed Thread