HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Confirmed with link :Andronov Leaves CSKA for St. Louis

Old
07-21-2012, 02:51 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

vCash: 500
Confirmed with link :Andronov Leaves CSKA for St. Louis

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20120719/174684590.html

This news flew in under the radar :

The Blues are bringing another Russian over to North America who has played in the KHL since 2008, RW Sergi Andronov who the 'note drafted in the 3rd round of the 2009 entry draft. More depth added to what appears to be a bottom six forward.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 02:55 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

My bad I did'nt see that someone posted this on the 2012-2013 Blues Prospect Thread.

Old
07-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Robb_K

I guess the current Peoria roster has room for him. I wonder how their lines shape up now, assuming that Schwartz will win a spot on The Blues' roster from the beginning as a "fail safe" given to ensure enough depth at Peoria. That way, Peoria will have decent depth if Schwartz starts with the AHL squad.

Can someone more familiar with who is currently on the AHL roster please delineate the possible forward line configurations for us?

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Good news about him is that he is already 23 and has played for several years in the KHL, definitely a more talented league than the AHL.

Also I dont think that this has been reported by any Blues writers, so it may not be official yet.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Good news about him is that he is already 23 and has played for several years in the KHL, definitely a more talented league than the AHL.

Also I dont think that this has been reported by any Blues writers, so it may not be official yet.
You're probably right. There's nothing on St. Louis Today/Post Dispatch, and nothing on The Official Blues' website.

Old
07-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Baby Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
I guess the current Peoria roster has room for him. I wonder how their lines shape up now, assuming that Schwartz will win a spot on The Blues' roster from the beginning as a "fail safe" given to ensure enough depth at Peoria. That way, Peoria will have decent depth if Schwartz starts with the AHL squad.

Can someone more familiar with who is currently on the AHL roster please delineate the possible forward line configurations for us?
I was just thinking of posting the potential line combos. Here's how I'd see it, I'm sure it will change often:

line 1: Porter/Schwartz - Hensick - Nesbitt

Line2a: Barriball - McRae - Cracknell

Line 2b: Grachev - Murray - Wannstrom

Line 4: SDR - Nigro - Shattock

Line 5?: Beach - Sonne - Peluso

Extra: Bruton

Reasoning:
Line 1: Assumes Rivs get either Porter or Schwartz; Hensick/Nesbitt combo was together last season
Line 2a: Barriball isn't much use on a checking line and he played well with McRae before; assume Cracknell can play RW
Line 2b: Shutdown line with Wannstrom playing with some vets
Line 4 could be any combo of 4 or 5. Nigro has been better than Sonne. Hard to say how Beach will stack up

Injuries and call-ups will change it all anyway.

D:
Woywitka - Chorney
Ford - Fairchild
Ponich - Cundari
Shields

G:
Allen
McKenna

Baby Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:15 PM
kfox9611

I remember thinking that this guy was a terrrrrible pick when we took him in the 3rd round and thought there was no way he was coming over. He was passed over in his draft year and had one decent WJHC for Russia.

Glad to at least see that he's coming over, so the pick wasnt a total waste yet. Some picks never make it, but to have one that just never attempted or had no interest in playing would have sucked.

Hopefully he can show in Peoria that he's an NHL level forward and get a crack with the team when he's ready

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:17 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Blues View Post
I was just thinking of posting the potential line combos. Here's how I'd see it, I'm sure it will change often:

Reasoning:
Line 1: Assumes Rivs get either Porter or Schwartz; Hensick/Nesbitt combo was together last season
Line 2a: Barriball isn't much use on a checking line and he played well with McRae before; assume Cracknell can play RW
Line 4 could be any combo of 4 or 5. Nigro has been better than Sonne. Hard to say how Beach will stack up

D:
Woywitka - Chorney
Ford - Fairchild
Ponich - Cundari
Shields

G:
Allen
McKenna
I'm really looking forward to following Peoria this coming season. They've got what looks to be a solid AHL team, with a good mix of veteran and prospects.

Their forwards look too numerous, especially if Andronov will join them. Woywitka should be the 7th defenceman on The Blues' roster (unless Armstrong makes the trade for a veteran LHD, AND a Blues' roster D-man goes back in the other direction). At least a couple of those 17 forwards will need to play in Alaska (Sonne, Bruton, Shattock?) They're not going to play Andronov in Alaska, and he's not likely to beat out anyone on The Blues' 3rd or 4th line (he'll need to adjust to North American rink size at least for 1/3 season, if not more (or even a whole season).

Old
07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Baby Blues

Good point on Woywitka, Rivs will need some help on D if he ends up spending most of the year in StL.

I didn't even include Andronov, because I think its less than 50% chance he plays in Peoria for a significant time period.

Rivs are a bit heavy on Centers. Could use a scoring RW. Does seem like too many bodies, although last season Rivs lost 3 for most of the season: Barriball, Hagel, and Gannon (D).

I'll post the line combos on the Peoria thread also.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:50 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:

Reasoning:

D:
Woywitka - Chorney
Ford - Fairchild
Ponich - Cundari
Shields

G:
Allen
McKenna
Cracknell played some RW the year Eller was in Peoria. Prior to the Rivs getting Pelletier he played RW next to Armstrong, but Armstrong was injured a decent amount and Cracknell was was swapped to center to play next to Pelletier. Honestly I thought he looked better on the wing than at Center(he looked like an absolute hot mess when Eller was shifted to LW for a couple weeks and Cracknell centered him). But that's been a couple years so maybe he's better now.

My own personal wish would be IF Schwartz is Peoria bound to have him next to McRae. If McRae is going to crack the Blues roster it will be in our #3 C spot so building a little chemistry now with a player that is destined to be in our top nine is never a bad thing. Then, I wouldn't mind seeing if any of the Euro's can find a niche next to those two on RW. The remaining two next to Cracknell, because he is a class act, and an excellent pro(even if not an NHL caliber player). The same with Porter, if he is in Peoria next year I want him on a line with the newbies. Again that is just my own personal musings.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Good point on Woywitka, Rivs will need some help on D if he ends up spending most of the year in StL.

I didn't even include Andronov, because I think its less than 50% chance he plays in Peoria for a significant time period.

Rivs are a bit heavy on Centers. Could use a scoring RW. Does seem like too many bodies, although last season Rivs lost 3 for most of the season: Barriball, Hagel, and Gannon (D).

I'll post the line combos on the Peoria thread also.
Where do you expect Andronov to play? He's 25 years old and been a pro for several years. He's not going to play in The ECHL. You think he's going to win a place on the 3rd or 4th line of The Blues? I can't imagine him doing that until at LEAST half the season is done (maybe then he could play on the 4th line-IF there are several injuries).

What happened to Cheechoo? Was he only on a one-year contract, and not asked back? Did he decide to go to another team?

Old
07-21-2012, 11:34 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Just random guessing, but I could definitely see Grachev and Andronov playing together. They could have some good natural chemistry and styles that mesh well together with Grachev's size and Andronov speed.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 07:53 AM
Zine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Just random guessing, but I could definitely see Grachev and Andronov playing together. They could have some good natural chemistry and styles that mesh well together with Grachev's size and Andronov speed.
They were linemates at the WJC.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:22 AM
ChicagoBlues

I never thought this guy would ever leave Russia. Maybe he's coming over to just have a nice paid vacation and play hockey for a couple years. Not a bad idea. I'd do something like that.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
teddygmr

[QUOTE=Robb_K;52806451]Where do you expect Andronov to play? He's 25 years old and been a pro for several years.

QUOTE]

actually he just turned 23 a couple days ago!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11856

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Does Andronov have an NHL future?

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

I am convinced the signing of the tank and Grachev already over here made Andronov coming over here a easy decision for a Franchise whose window to win it all will remain open for some time

Old
07-23-2012, 11:34 AM
STL fan in IA

Regarding Andronov, both JR and Korac tweeted last week that the Blues have not said anything about Andronov so that makes me wonder just what the story is.

Quote:
@lkorac10: RT @crazybluesfan @lkorac10 Sergei Andronov will spend the next season in the Blues organization...hear anything?? -- not from the Blues.
I was going to ask JR about it in his chat last week but he didn't have one. Hopefully we get more details on Andronov this week.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Regarding Andronov, both JR and Korac tweeted last week that the Blues have not said anything about Andronov so that makes me wonder just what the story is.

I was going to ask JR about it in his chat last week but he didn't have one. Hopefully we get more details on Andronov this week.
That, together with Peoria's seemingly OVERSTOCKED forward roster, makes me wonder about that, too. Where would all these 17 forwards play? I can't imagine more than one of them being farmed to Alaska. They ALL have too much experience.

Old
07-24-2012, 10:50 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post

Yes that would be nice.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Robb_K

[QUOTE=teddygmr;52839569]
Quote:
Where do you expect Andronov to play? He's 25 years old and been a pro for several years.

QUOTE]

actually he just turned 23 a couple days ago!

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11856
Okay-23. My point was that he's no 18-20 year old, and has played several years in a high-level professional league, and really too experienced to benefit from playing in The ECHL. The forward roster listed above has 17 including Andronov, and 18 IF you include Schwartz. Only one of Porter or Schwartz is likely to have a reasonable chance of landing with The Blues. So, even if you remove one forward for injury in Peoria, AND one for injury call-up to St. Louis, you still have 15 forwards. one or two will have to go to Alaska, or be loaned out to other AHL teams.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Baby Blues

Quote:
That, together with Peoria's seemingly OVERSTOCKED forward roster, makes me wonder about that, too. Where would all these 17 forwards play? I can't imagine more than one of them being farmed to Alaska. They ALL have too much experience.
This is why I don't have Andronov slotted in the Peoria line-up just yet. He's not under contract yet. No word from Blues or Rivs other than this Andronov news was a surprise to them.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:04 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Meh, maybe there is a trade brewing? I wouldn't rule anything out considering the Blockbuster Armstrong pulled off with the Av's a year and a half ago.

Old
07-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Oshie97

This is a weird situation. We hear news of Andronov coming over but the Blues say they have not heard from him?

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 03:29 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
This is a weird situation. We hear news of Andronov coming over but the Blues say they have not heard from him?

Yea, tell me about it. One of the Mods here , STL fan in IA, asked JR the PD's Hockey guy that question :

"I saw the report, as did the Blues. I'm told that there's no confirmation that Andronov is coming to North American this year. I wouldn't put much stock into the report unless we hear more."

Yeah, it's weird.