HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Lowell @ Wolf Pack 1/22 -7:35 (GAME WILL NOT BE CANCELLED)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2005, 12:40 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicpixie
Hartford - Jed Ortmeyer - (Profanity from Bench Bench Minor), 2 min, 19:47
What did Ortmeyer do to get this penalty? Anyone know what he did or said?

Last edited by BDubinskyNYR17*: 01-23-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old
01-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
LoL, are you kidding me? You play your BEST goalie. Unless your a St louis a few years ago with Brathwaite and Johnson - which means two very similar goaltenders. LaBarbra was what? Only the best goalie in the league last year? You think NJ is going to sit Brodeur because his backup had a nice game? I think not.
Beyond his numbers last year, he's playing just as well this year. Valiquette has gotten plenty of time.

Old
01-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
lol apparently he cursed fromt he bench. It must have been pretty crazy, like making fun of the Refs mother or something. I've NEVER seen this penalty before

Old
01-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Taz

hehe

and GJ pack

Old
01-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Quote:
"The guys are to be absolutely commended for a total group effort, including killing a dumb penalty I took," Pack coach Ryan McGill said.
http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey
Could the penalty have been on McGill? But then I don't understand why Ortmeyer would serve it when he's a good penalty killer.

Old
01-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Fletch

Fly...

when would you have started Labs again? The AHL plays on weekends and Wednesdays (HFD at least). You don't sit the best goalie in the league for too long a period, no matter how well the backup filled in for him.

Old
01-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey
Could the penalty have been on McGill? But then I don't understand why Ortmeyer would serve it when he's a good penalty killer.
It was a bench minor, someone had to serve it, and Ortmeyer served it.

Old
01-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
It was a bench minor, someone had to serve it, and Ortmeyer served it.
Yeah but isn't Orts one of the better penalty killers on the Pack? Why not have someone who doesn't normaly kill penalties serve it?

Old
01-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Fletch

Perhaps he's not....

the best PKer on the team...

Old
01-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
the best PKer on the team...
Yeah. I guess McGill has his reasons.

Old
01-23-2005, 10:18 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
We don't know the circumstances and in this case, we don't even really know if LaBarbera is slumping or not. Just because there is a "capable backup" doesn't mean your goto doesn't deserve the start. I give McGill the benefit of the doubt here.

Also, a question: If the Wolfpack had won the game with LaBarbera in net, would you have complained about who started?
I would have complained the second I found out he was in net..which i did...I was so sure that McGill was going to start Steve that I even wrote that in the game notes in the begining of the thread. If he would have won..then I would have looked like an ass..but that didnt happen.

Old
01-23-2005, 10:19 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
LoL, are you kidding me? You play your BEST goalie. Unless your a St louis a few years ago with Brathwaite and Johnson - which means two very similar goaltenders. LaBarbra was what? Only the best goalie in the league last year? You think NJ is going to sit Brodeur because his backup had a nice game? I think not.
Hmmm..you dont think Steve has played just as good as Labarbera this season? I sure do.

Comparing Brodeur and whoever played backup for him last year is not fair to compare with Lababera and Val. Brodeur was probably 20x better then that backup.

Old
01-23-2005, 10:21 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
when would you have started Labs again? The AHL plays on weekends and Wednesdays (HFD at least). You don't sit the best goalie in the league for too long a period, no matter how well the backup filled in for him.

I would have sat him yesterday and played Jason tonight. (well that cant happen because todays game was cancelled). I would have wanted Jason to rest up...put the game behind him before throwing him back between the pipes.

Old
01-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Fish

Quote:
Yeah but isn't Orts one of the better penalty killers on the Pack? Why not have someone who doesn't normaly kill penalties serve it?
I don't know their decision making there, but they've used a wide variety of players on the penalty kill...so they probably felt pretty comfortable. McGill was the one who said something to the ref, and it's his choice as to who serves it...

Old
01-23-2005, 11:23 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Just noticed that the Pack snapped Lowells 7 Game Winning streak.

Old
01-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Remember, just because he was the best PKer on the Rangers, doesnt mean he's even top 10 on the Pack. Just remember it's the Rangers we are talking about

Old
01-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Hmmm..you dont think Steve has played just as good as Labarbera this season? I sure do.

Comparing Brodeur and whoever played backup for him last year is not fair to compare with Lababera and Val. Brodeur was probably 20x better then that backup.
I completely disagree with your assessement of LaBarbera and Valiquette. Jason has proven himself to be the #1 goalie of the Hartford Wolfpack and as far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to play the majority of the games. Valiquette is an decent backup, who's never been the starting goalie in the AHL for most of a season and never played more than 35 games since he's been in the AHL. They are NOT interchangable and there is no way they should be getting equal time.

And how do you know that the Wolfpack organization didn't already know that Sunday's game had been posponed by the time the game started? Knowing that--one game and then several days off, may have been a factor in McGill's choice.

Old
01-23-2005, 06:41 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I completely disagree with your assessement of LaBarbera and Valiquette. Jason has proven himself to be the #1 goalie of the Hartford Wolfpack and as far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to play the majority of the games. Valiquette is an decent backup, who's never been the starting goalie in the AHL for most of a season and never played more than 35 games since he's been in the AHL. They are NOT interchangable and there is no way they should be getting equal time.

And how do you know that the Wolfpack organization didn't already know that Sunday's game had been posponed by the time the game started? Knowing that--one game and then several days off, may have been a factor in McGill's choice.

I did not say they should spilt the time. I said they should have used him for that game.

They found out durning the middle of the game yesterday that todays game would be postponed.

Old
01-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I did not say they should spilt the time. I said they should have used him for that game.

They found out durning the middle of the game yesterday that todays game would be postponed.
Who found out during the middle of the game? The radio announcers? I seriously doubt that the league waited until after 7pm to inform the teams involved--this storm wasn't a surprise by any stretch of the imagination and I would hope that the weather forecast reached the league office in a timely manner. It's bad enough they held the game last night--although I understand the pressure the AHL is under to stick to the schedule when the teams are already in town. However, if they waited that long to get their heads out of their butts and cancel Sunday's game, they are complete idiots. It was unsafe for the teams to travel and it certainly was unsafe for the fans to try and make it to a game today.

Sorry if I misintepreted you, this is the second game you have complained about who starts and it seems as if you want to play Valiquette more.

Old
01-24-2005, 03:42 PM
TopOfTheWorld

Quote:
Hartford - Jamie Lundmark - (Roughing), 2 min, 17:14
Hartford - Jamie Lundmark - (Spearing Double Minor), 4 min, 17:14

I really can't bealive this. For the second time this month he takes the most avoidable penalty in the book. I try to be fair with Jamie but when he does stupid things like this....

this is from someone who watched the game, pulled off the other msg board.....so i dont think we should always jump on him for being in the penalty box...

"The double minor for spearing. Lundmark checked the other guy on open ice and Lundamrk was ready to take his 2 min. but then the ref threw the 4 min spearing on and everybody including the off-ice offical seemed stunned. It was just a really bad call."

http://bb.hockeybird.com/viewtopic.php?t=11565&start=45

Closed Thread