HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Henrik Tallinder

Old
08-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Matt D'Agostini for Henrik Tallinder seems like a good hockey deal to me. Thoughts?
Sure I would do it.

As for Volchenkov he gets some unwarranted criticism from Devils fans, but really I wouldn't mind letting him go. We have a lot of D men in the system that are looking good in the next few years. Can't say the same about forwards at all. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Volchenkov especially if it sheds some cap space to help us re sign Clarkson, and Zajac next Summer. His role could be filled by someone cheaper for us too on an entry level. I like him, but right now he's more expendable than our forwards, and our situation there.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
D'Agostini for Tallinder sounds pretty fair and makes sense for both. Tallinder could do wonders with Pietrangelo. He did with Myers here, which is the reason I want him back. We don't have a true shutdown pairing without Tallinder. Myers hasn't found a new consistent partner yet. Him and Regehr didn't click as we hoped; he's also played with both Sekera and Leopold decently, but not in a shutdown role. Tallinder and Myers just went well together, very well.

Again, I'd probably never trade Stafford for him right now. Too much potential in that Ennis line to break it up. However, Vanek might be able to be had. He has a high cap hit but looking at our wingers, if we can get a quality return for him, I'd listen to offers. I don't think he's off the table as Pominville is. Gerbe is another guy I'd offer up, if Devils fans have any interest whatsoever.

For Vanek, Tallinder wouldn't be enough to get it done. New Jersey would have to add. Vanek's expensive but he's still a pretty productive player. Just has an insane cap hit.

D'Agostini makes a lot more sense for Hank though. St. Louis needs a top-four defenseman and Hank would probably be the best partner Pietrangelo's ever had. D'Agostini is kind of lost in the wing depth in St. Louis and should be in more of a top-six role, as opposed to a fourth line role which is projected for this season. The Blues simply have too many good top-six wingers and D'Agostini is the odd man out if there is a trade of one.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
In terms of pre-season trades, I think realistically the Devils need to look for someone to fill Ponikarovsky's shoes.. not Parise's.

Solid possession game, uses their size well and can contribute on the 3rd line but can play responsibly on the 2nd line as needed.

If Tedenby and/or Butler can impress their way into the lineup, what the Devils really need at that point are simply depth signings.

Albany needs forwards pretty badly, too.

So either 3rd liner with good defensive play or
Players on two-way contracts, prospects that can crack the lineup for injuries and such and mid round picks to help stock the cabinet.

Kovy-Zajac-Zubrus
Elias-Henrique-Tedenby/Butler
(Trade)-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

I'd be happy to start the season with that.
Luke Adam + a 2nd or 3rd?

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Imlach a cup

This seams like a perfect fit for both teams...

Tallinder
For
Leino

Make it happen.

Imlach a cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:29 AM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post
Proposals including legit top 6ers to NJ are laugh worthy.

Tallinder for MacArthur is more like it!
Every Devils fan who mentioned the possiblity of a top 6 forward said the Devils would obviously have to add. We know Tallinder is not worth a top 6 forward. It's been stated that we'd be willing to add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Devils:
Bourque

To Habs:
Tallinder
Value is good, but I'm just not a fan of Bourque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Vanek for Henrique .... Give to get

I personally don't want Tallinder ..... But I've always liked Volchenkov
Even considering cap hit I think the Devils win that trade. I'd rather keep Henrique, but if I try to look at it objectively it seems like a real good deal for NJ.

Quote:
Matt D'Agostini for Henrik Tallinder seems like a good hockey deal to me. Thoughts?
I would be on board for this.

Oh and a big no to the Leino deal. Good luck ever unloading that guy You have to call up Sather and ask for tips.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I would do Tally for D'ags

would love Vanek but he just makes too much money

no interest in Leino and his contract

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Zippy316

Quote:

Devils aren't giving up Henrique, they can't afford to lose him, especially with Zajac potentially being a UFA at seasons end. That and they don't have any NHL ready forward prospects, except for Teddy, JJ, and Butler. That trade or any trade isn't going to happen.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Before this begins to boil over. We know we cant get Vanek for Tallinder, and Most likely would not want to give up what we would have to , to get Vanek

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I would give up a crapload for Vanek, I just hate his contract

Old
08-29-2012, 10:24 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Ottawa would give up Peter Regin and a 2nd round pick in 2013 for Henrik Tallinder.

08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

thats tempting for the 2nd round pick alone

Old
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
This seams like a perfect fit for both teams...

Tallinder
For
Leino

Make it happen.
haha no.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Ottawa would give up Peter Regin and a 2nd round pick in 2013 for Henrik Tallinder.
What about Greening and a third?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:44 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

Vanek just isn't a possibility. The guy that suggested Henrique for him isn't really far off, in terms of value.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 02:06 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
I'd definitely do that. Of all the proposals, this one seems to make the most sense and is balanced all the same.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:

Why would Buffalo do this? First, the Devils get the better player, and how many young, unproven centers does a team need? I like Henrique and all but with Hodgson,Ennis,Grigs,and Girgs we're about up to our necks with young hopeful centers. The guy that could of been part of a trade for Vanek has already departed from the Devils. The Devils couldn't lose Henrique without a center coming back to.

As for Tallinder, never was a huge fan and wouldn't give up much of anything for him. Besides, we're already overloaded on D as it is. I might do Leopold for him, if the Devils just wanted a different D man, which they don't.

Last edited by sabrescupbound: 08-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.
sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:15 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Why would Buffalo do this? First, the Devils get the better player, and how many young, unproven centers does a team need? I like Henrique and all but with Hodgson,Ennis,Grigs,and Girgs we're about up to our neck with young hopeful centers. The guy that could of been part of a trade for Vanek has already departed from the Devils. The Devils couldn't lose Henrique without a center coming back to.

As for Tallinder, never was a huge fan and wouldn't give up much of anything for him. Besides, we're already overloaded on D as it is. I might do Leopold for him, if the Devils just wanted a different D man, which they don't.
Not to mention Henrique is about as untouchable as a player can get. He didn't score much in the playoffs, but when he did, it was a series ending goal. He's the clutchest, most opportunistic player I have seen in a long time.

B A T M A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
I love Henrique, he is just a winner plain and simple

Every level of his career, he is or was winner

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Nibbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescupbound View Post
Why would Buffalo do this? First, the Devils get the better player, and how many young, unproven centers does a team need? I like Henrique and all but with Hodgson,Ennis,Grigs,and Girgs we're about up to our neck with young hopeful centers. The guy that could of been part of a trade for Vanek has already departed from the Devils. The Devils couldn't lose Henrique without a center coming back to.

IMO you can never have enough young centers. This league is seriously lacking in 1st line centers, and the more young guys you have at that position, the better chance you have at developing a 1st liner.

You can always move any of those young guys to the wing if they don't pan out in the middle, and the 4 young centers you mentioned could become really good NHL wingers.

That said, Buffalo only does this if they are ready to give up on playoff runs for a couple years while those guys develop, which I don't see them doing.

Back on topic... I could see a team desperate for D help offering up a young top 9 forward, what I don't see is anyone parting with an established top 6 player for him.

Nibbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:08 PM
tsujimoto74

No responses the first time I asked so...Any interest in Luke Adam + a midround pick (let's say a 3rd) for Tallinder? I think having him back in Buffalo would do wonders for us as a team. Tallinder-Myers was a tremendous pairing for us, and having that and Regehr-Sekera as shutdown pairs would leave Ehrhoff lots of easier minutes and offensive starts to just focus on creating offense.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
I love Henrique, he is just a winner plain and simple

Every level of his career, he is or was winner
Yup I loved watching him as a season ticket holder in Windsor along with Hallsy, Ellis, Fowler, Wellwood, Nemiz it was a majical team and Henrique was a huge part of it.....always been under rated because of who the spits had those season he kind of got pushed to the back but now he's in the lime light and exceling.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:44 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Again, I'd probably never trade Stafford for him right now. Too much potential in that Ennis line to break it up. However, Vanek might be able to be had. He has a high cap hit but looking at our wingers, if we can get a quality return for him, I'd listen to offers. I don't think he's off the table as Pominville is. Gerbe is another guy I'd offer up, if Devils fans have any interest whatsoever.

For Vanek, Tallinder wouldn't be enough to get it done. New Jersey would have to add. Vanek's expensive but he's still a pretty productive player. Just has an insane cap hit.
Vanek and Kovalchuk on the same team just wouldn't be fair. I feel like he'd have fantastic chemistry with Elias as well. Both are very smart players with great vision. I would probably be willing to give up Zajac in a deal for Vanek.

As for Luke Adam, he's a fine prospect but between Henrique and Josefson we have enough young centers.

You can give us Marcus Foligno though

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 04:56 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
No responses the first time I asked so...Any interest in Luke Adam + a midround pick (let's say a 3rd) for Tallinder? I think having him back in Buffalo would do wonders for us as a team. Tallinder-Myers was a tremendous pairing for us, and having that and Regehr-Sekera as shutdown pairs would leave Ehrhoff lots of easier minutes and offensive starts to just focus on creating offense.
How well would Adam's game translate as a winger?

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
would do this.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:19 PM
sabrescupbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Vanek and Kovalchuk on the same team just wouldn't be fair. I feel like he'd have fantastic chemistry with Elias as well. Both are very smart players with great vision. I would probably be willing to give up Zajac in a deal for Vanek.

As for Luke Adam, he's a fine prospect but between Henrique and Josefson we have enough young centers.

You can give us Marcus Foligno though
If it wasn't for the gaping hole it would cause I would consider Zajac+ for Vanek

sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote