HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Henrik Tallinder

Old
08-29-2012, 05:27 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Vanek and Kovalchuk on the same team just wouldn't be fair. I feel like he'd have fantastic chemistry with Elias as well. Both are very smart players with great vision. I would probably be willing to give up Zajac in a deal for Vanek.

As for Luke Adam, he's a fine prospect but between Henrique and Josefson we have enough young centers.

You can give us Marcus Foligno though
He's played Wing more than center in the past. He can be a corners guy that can also chip in a lot of points (refer to his AHLROY season). He's kind of fallen off since the draft but he's a big kid with good upside. I would add a little bit for Hank. Gerbe available as well. Smaller guy but also won AHLROY. He can snipe as well as be a shutdown guy with his speed.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:30 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
How well would Adam's game translate as a winger?
He's probably a better winger than center, tbqh. His speed isn't great for a center, and his defensive awareness isn't wowing anyone either, but he's a big body that can go in the corners and has a big shot. Most Sabres fans feel that he projects as a winger moreso than as a center at this point.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Would do Luke Adam + Adam Pardy for Hank.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
He's played Wing more than center in the past. He can be a corners guy that can also chip in a lot of points (refer to his AHLROY season). He's kind of fallen off since the draft but he's a big kid with good upside. I would add a little bit for Hank. Gerbe available as well. Smaller guy but also won AHLROY. He can snipe as well as be a shutdown guy with his speed.
So you're saying Gerbe+Adam for Tallinder?

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
So you're saying Gerbe+Adam for Tallinder?
Nope, probably your choice of either + Adam Pardy or something because we're stocked at D.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Nope, probably your choice of either + Adam Pardy or something because we're stocked at D.
We can't take any defensemen, be it NHL or AHL.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:23 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
We can't take any defensemen, be it NHL or AHL.
Fine by me. I'm sure we can put Pardy the AHL to fill Morrisonn's role and trade either Leo or Sulzer for a pick or bottom 6 F or something. Adam or Gerbe + a 3rd is probably what I'd give for Hank. Gerbe has speed and pretty good defensive ability. Adam's more of a top 6 or bust whose shown quite a bit of promise before hitting a slump this year after being thrown in over his head centering Buffalo's top line.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Fine by me. I'm sure we can put Pardy the AHL to fill Morrisonn's role and trade either Leo or Sulzer for a pick or bottom 6 F or something. Adam or Gerbe + a 3rd is probably what I'd give for Hank. Gerbe has speed and pretty good defensive ability. Adam's more of a top 6 or bust whose shown quite a bit of promise before hitting a slump this year after being thrown in over his head centering Buffalo's top line.
I like both for Tallinder.

Maybe Devils could throw in a mid-to-late pick.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:50 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
I like both for Tallinder.

Maybe Devils could throw in a mid-to-late pick.
Values just not there for both, especially because we don't have a surplus of wingers. Plus they're both very young, while Hank, not so much. You could get both if you threw in a wing as well. I honestly wouldn't mind having Dainius back. But thats 2 very "seasoned" players for two spring chickens so idk they do this, interesting thought though.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:18 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

I'm not sure all the extra bodies are necessary.

The original proposal for Luke Adam + 2nd seems fair to me.
That's something I'd do.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
To Devils:
Bourque

To Habs:
Tallinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Matt D'Agostini for Henrik Tallinder seems like a good hockey deal to me. Thoughts?
Both of these interest me. Bourque would do well in DeBoer's forechecking scheme, I think. D'Agostini could do well with an opportunity in the Devils' top 6, and he'll probably be better than Sykora.

Quote:
No responses the first time I asked so...Any interest in Luke Adam + a midround pick (let's say a 3rd) for Tallinder? I think having him back in Buffalo would do wonders for us as a team. Tallinder-Myers was a tremendous pairing for us, and having that and Regehr-Sekera as shutdown pairs would leave Ehrhoff lots of easier minutes and offensive starts to just focus on creating offense.
I do like Luke Adam, but I'm curious why Sabres fans are surprisingly willing to part with him of late?

Whatever the case, I'd do the Luke Adam and Adam Pardy for Tallinder deal for the simple reason that the Devils are entering the era of Adams (Larsson, Henrique) and need to stockpile as many as possible.

Seriously though, Luke Adam and a second 2013 works for me.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

i'd definitely trade Tallinder for Macarthur at this point. He seems like the exact kind of player we should be targeting.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:53 PM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Both of these interest me. Bourque would do well in DeBoer's forechecking scheme, I think. D'Agostini could do well with an opportunity in the Devils' top 6, and he'll probably be better than Sykora.

I do like Luke Adam, but I'm curious why Sabres fans are surprisingly willing to part with him of late?

Whatever the case, I'd do the Luke Adam and Adam Pardy for Tallinder deal for the simple reason that the Devils are entering the era of Adams (Larsson, Henrique) and need to stockpile as many as possible.

Its just because he's become expendable, and when someone is expendable, he'll be offered in trades on HFBoards. But really, after this years draft, we don't need him as a center, and he just doesn't fit into our wing plans right now. Maybe in a few years when contracts like Vanek and Pominville are expiring we could implement him well. But as of right now, we've got the wings pretty much covered and he doesn't really provide the upgrade we need anywhere.

Hank however would fit very well back with Myers, giving us three very solid D lines of those two, Ehrhoff-Sulzer, and Sekera-Regehr. This trade sounds great to me, I hope Darcy is paying attention.

EDIT: I think this proposal should have a thread of its own.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Its just because he's become expendable, and when someone is expendable, he'll be offered in trades on HFBoards. But really, after this years draft, we don't need him as a center, and he just doesn't fit into our wing plans right now. Maybe in a few years when contracts like Vanek and Pominville are expiring we could implement him well. But as of right now, we've got the wings pretty much covered and he doesn't really provide the upgrade we need anywhere.

Hank however would fit very well back with Myers, giving us three very solid D lines of those two, Ehrhoff-Sulzer, and Sekera-Regehr. This trade sounds great to me, I hope Darcy is paying attention.

EDIT: I think this proposal should have a thread of its own.
Pretty much this. Luke's caught in a numbers game where it looks like he'll be the odd man out. We have 4 other young centers, 2 of whom also have experience at LW, and another young LW in Foligno. He's not going to push Vanek or Leino out of their spots right now (even if with Leino it's just because burying his contract so soon after signing him would look awful), and there are plenty of other guys who will vying for those spots in the near future.

Last edited by tsujimoto74: 08-29-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old
08-29-2012, 11:11 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
i'd definitely trade Tallinder for Macarthur at this point. He seems like the exact kind of player we should be targeting.
We don't need third liners. we need top 6. He's a third liner and had a horrible season.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I think I like the Bourque deal the best, since the Devils can afford his contract. He could replace Ponikarovsky quite nicely I think.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Zippy316

For the Buffalo fans, do you think Adam could play third line minutes next season? I know he started strong but fizzled out, played fourth line, and then got sent down.

I would definitely do an Adam+2nd for Tallinder deal. Gives us another piece to fight for a top six spot and Adam could certainly play alongside Josefson and Clarkson/Butler on the third line.

EDIT: I'd also be fine with the Bourque deal, but I'd like a conditional pick for him. Something like 50+ points, no pick. 50-35 points 4th round pick, 35-20 3rd round pick, less than 20 points, 2nd round pick.

Old
08-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Pretty much this. Luke's caught in a numbers game where it looks like he'll be the odd man out. We have 4 other young centers, 2 of whom also have experience at LW, and another young LW in Foligno. He's not going to push Vanek or Leino out of their spots right now (even if with Leino it's just because burying his contract so soon after signing him would look awful), and there are plenty of other guys who will vying for those spots in the near future.
Ok, fair enough. Adam definitely has talent, you just don't have room for him. If he can become a Zubrus-lite I'd be very interested in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I think I like the Bourque deal the best, since the Devils can afford his contract. He could replace Ponikarovsky quite nicely I think.
The Devils are way under the cap, it's not a question of being able to afford anybody. The money problems aren't that bad.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:54 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:

Between Hodgson/Grigorenko/Girgensons there's really no room for Adam in the Sabre's long-term center plan. He's a short-term stop gap with Roy being shipped out, then he's likely trade bait.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Kevin8se7en
Former Flyers Fan

Vanek - Hodgson - Pominville
Foligno - Ennis - Stafford

Where does Gerbe fit in?
He's too small to put on the same line as Ennis, and Vanek/Pominville are basically locks on the 1st.. so he doesn't fit in their top 6 at all.

Would a Gerbe for Tallinder swap work?

Note: I don't know Gerbe's value, so if it's way off, i apologize, lol

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 09:54 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I, as a Devils fan, would prefer Adam over Gerbe.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post

Where does Gerbe fit in?
He's too small to put on the same line as Ennis, and Vanek/Pominville are basically locks on the 1st.. so he doesn't fit in their top 6 at all.

Gerbe isn't a top 6er for us. He's one of the forwards that is generally used to slow down the opposing team's top lines.

Gerbe for Tallinder isn't necessarily bad value for us, but we don't have a lot of defensively-solid forwards (Pominville....Kaleta...........a couple on their way) so I don't think Gerbe is really all that available in a trade like this.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Adam + 2nd for Tallinder

think that is great asset management for NJ

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:51 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post

Where does Gerbe fit in?

Gerbe plays a 4th line/energy/defensive role. He and Kaleta generally lead Sabres forwards in D-zone shift starts. Adam seems like a better fit for NJ, and Gerbe's a bit of a fan favorite for Buffalo anyway (because he's tiny and fearless and was a beast in our 10-11 playoff push).

Old
08-30-2012, 11:59 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
The Devils are way under the cap, it's not a question of being able to afford anybody. The money problems aren't that bad.
I didn't mention there being a problem with affording him, I said that because the most common knock against Bourque that I've heard is that he's overpaid.

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote