HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coyotes and Flyers

Old
08-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
Coyotes and Flyers

Since the Coyotes/Flyer proposals centered around top 2 dmen for top 6 forwards seem to fall prey to pissing matches, I thought I'd try a trade excluding those players from the equation....so forget about Yandle, ELO, Couturier, & Schenn.

Matt Read would seem to be a great fit for a Dave Tippett coached team.....Unless David Rundblad has some insane hockey sense, which I haven't seen...I expect him to be more of an Oleg Tverdovsky than the next Erik Karlsson.

Rundblad for Read.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Phoenix would need to add.

Hivemind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:25 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Seriously?!

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Thanks, I needed that after the NHLPA press conference.

It's not exactly what Philly is after (they need a "now" defenseman), but that doesn't mean Phoenix has to pay extra.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 05:37 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 672
Quote:
The expression "You're Doing it Wrong" would definitely apply here.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Frodo Baggins

Rundblad hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet. Flyers need immediate help. I don't see the point in this.

Frodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
SIDGENO8771

Flyers add a LOT.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Seriously?!
While I understand the reaction, particularly based on the Turris deal, I don't think he's wrong.

Read is a very good and, equally important, very cheap middle-six forward. Even if he never improves on his rookie season, he's an incredible value at 900k, particularly if the cap comes down significantly without easy offsets.

Unless the deal was a bit bigger, and included some salary going Phoenix's way, and a cheap replacement forward coming back, I can't see how the Flyers could swap Read for Rundblad--even if the value was fair.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseonewillis View Post
Rundblad hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet. Flyers need immediate help. I don't see the point in this.
Fair enough, sticking with my original thought then, is there a deal to be made for Read around Morris, Klesla, or Schlemko?

Old
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
SSoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Fair enough, sticking with my original thought then, is there a deal to be made for Read around Morris, Klesla, or Schlemko?
Hell no for Klesla.

I'd think about it for Schlemko/Stone

Yes I would do Read for NHL player Derek Morris.

Also we'd like to keep Rundblad he will be OEL's partner for a great number of years.

SSoH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
cobra427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Morris or Schlemko, yes...

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Carlzner

So... a top prospect comes over and doesn't dazzle his first season on NA ice? And now he's barely worth ****? Really?

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
SSoH

Quote:
So... a top prospect comes over and doesn't dazzle his first season on NA ice? And now he's barely worth ****? Really?
This is a forum not real GM's discussing values of players, Maloney is a smart GM he turned PHX around 180 from the horrible Gretzky days he wont panic and trade one of our top prospects for a little offensive help.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Matt Read had 24 goals last season, on a 900,000 contract.

Matt Read = ****.

Sigh.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
You're taking my response out of context. Re-read it. I didn't mention anything about how valuable or how much potential he has. I stated that he hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet and the Flyers are in need of a player that has. Simple as that.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:54 PM
SSoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Matt Read had 24 goals last season, on a 900,000 contract.

Matt Read = ****.

Sigh.
Read was a 26 yr old rookie, not one that is 19/20 he was physically mature, played sheltered 3rd line minutes and given PP time on a Philly teams that loves to score, he won't do so well on a team like Phoenix where we preach defend first, try to score when the other team makes a mistake, sorry if im a little worried to trade a 21 yr old who light up the SEL, but had a little trouble adjusting to the NA ice for a soon to be 27 yr old sophmore.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Frodo Baggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSoH View Post
Read was a 26 yr old rookie, not one that is 19/20 he was physically mature, played sheltered 3rd line minutes and given PP time on a Philly teams that loves to score, he won't do so well on a team like Phoenix where we preach defend first, try to score when the other team makes a mistake, sorry if im a little worried to trade a 21 yr old who light up the SEL, but had a little trouble adjusting to the NA ice for a soon to be 27 yr old sophmore.
soon to be 27 year old sophmore? I guess June is soon.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:59 PM
SSoH

Quote:
My mistake sorry, you are correct I remembered reading, that his birthday was in December should have looked it up.

But again for Read I would trade someone like, Morris/Schlemko/Stone/Summers not a Rundblad/Gormley/Murphy

Old
08-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
As far as I know, only one person is questioning Rundblad's value....me. I'm in the minority, but I watched as the heralded Oleg Tversdovsky came along with super forward prospect Chad Kilger....and saw plenty of "Let go my Oleg". I see another Tversdovsky.

I guess I also 'over'-value 20 goals scorers who've earn their way like Read, who I believe is underrated when compared to his younger rookie teammates, and should have been given more pub in the Calder race. Does he not play in all situations?

back on topic....point is...my opinion is in the minority. I'd trade Rundblad for Read...that's all I'm sayin.

Quote:
But again for Read I would trade someone like, Morris/Schlemko/Stone/Summers not a Rundblad/Gormley/Murphy
I don't rate Rundblad near Gormley, Murphy is still an unknown at this point. I see Gormley as part of the reason Rundblad will never get the icetime to meet his potential. Those other prospects just aren't enough and I'm looking for a simple 1 for 1 type deal.

You know what make it a 2 for 1...there you go... Chris Summers and Mike Stone for Read. Debatable over payment by Coyotes, but Rundblad is a can't miss , and how many other d prospects do the Coyotes still have?

Last edited by Devils Advocate: 08-31-2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: add
Old
08-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
I didn't question the value--in a vacuum, I think Read + a mid-round pick is fair for Rundblad, but I'm sure other fans will disgree, one way or the other. What I did take issue with was the implication that Matt Read was ****.

The points you made are all valid--though, judging by your characterization, I'm guessing that you didn't watch him much (he was one of the Flyers primary penalty killers; he's a pretty good two-way player who would fit in well in Tippett's system).

Matt Read's value isn't in his potential to improve--which is probably why he isn't well regarded on HF. He's probably a finished product--but that doesn't mean he isn't great value on his current contract.

Anyway, I admired the OP's effort. In the abstract, the two teams would seem to have something to offer each other. With the uncertainty around the salary cap, though, I don't think the Flyers can let go of one of their best "value" players.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:12 PM
FlyerFire

Super answer jeh82. Agree whole heartedly. And dont forget Read is super in the shootout ))))

FlyerFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

I'm confused...obviously.....carry on.

Old
08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
DesertDawg

The Flyers are not desperate enough to consider trading Read. They will look at free agents to resolve any issues with their defense. They will decide what to do after the CBA gets ratified. It's not likely that the Coyotes will trade anyone until after the CBA is implemented.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:21 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Don't worry. When he's 27 he'll watch the parade in Pittsburgh.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:35 PM
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFire View Post
Super answer jeh82. Agree whole heartedly. And dont forget Read is super in the shootout ))))
And the Flyers need all the help they can get on shootouts haha

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote