HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
I unfortunately avoid the games for this exact reason.
Sounds like they'd do well to have a "family section" at the games and then a "non family section".

10-06-2012, 05:25 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Does anyone know if Lowe is back in the lineup again?
I think so.

I believe I read that somewhere, cant recall where.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

The Oil Kings' scoring has dried up. Ugh.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Oillio*
OMB god

brossoit has 2 assists tonight

Old
10-06-2012, 09:39 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

3-0 after 2 periods for the oil kings. It's getting mean out there.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

How are Moroz and Ewanyk doing?

Old
10-06-2012, 09:42 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Moroz is having a lacklustre effort, while Ewanyk has a fight and a goal and has been consistent.

Old
10-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
Moroz is having a lacklustre effort, while Ewanyk has a fight and a goal and has been consistent.
It sounds like Ewanyk is starting to show us why he was picked as high as he was, while Moroz isn't cutting the mustard. Regardless of where he was picked, he needs to show more than what he has been, at least bang some bodies ffs.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:10 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
I am one of Moroz's biggest supporters, but he is playing with no passion or toughness is quite dissapointing. It is like he is forgetting what made him get where he has got. On the other Ewanyk I thought was the best player on the ice tonight. He is finally playing the way he was playing when he got drafted rough and tough and solid defensive side of the game. He also has two pp goals in the past two games, so hopefully this might be the start of his offensive game breaking out.
One guy that I am really starting like Geertsons game he has been solid all season long. I would not mind the Oilers draftin him this summer.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:14 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
It sounds like Ewanyk is starting to show us why he was picked as high as he was, while Moroz isn't cutting the mustard. Regardless of where he was picked, he needs to show more than what he has been, at least bang some bodies ffs.
Moroz ended up with an assist tonight, but not a lot of impact. Ewanyk was a defensive juggernaut tonight and showed a ton of hustle. I really liked how he played tonight.

LB was rock solid as usual. Wru k was up and down but he settled in more as the game went on. Cole Benson is looking awesome. Lazar had a decent game as well.

On Defence, i thought reinhart was just okay. geertson and corbett stood out as positives.

Reffing was a bit harsh tonight, otherwise a solid game. They still midd Lowe's presence and aggression in the backend.

Old
10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Moroz ended up with an assist tonight, but not a lot of impact. Ewanyk was a defensive juggernaut tonight and showed a ton of hustle. I really liked how he played tonight.

LB was rock solid as usual. Wru k was up and down but he settled in more as the game went on. Cole Benson is looking awesome. Lazar had a decent game as well.

On Defence, i thought reinhart was just okay. geertson and corbett stood out as positives.

Reffing was a bit harsh tonight, otherwise a solid game. They still midd Lowe's presence and aggression in the backend.
Most dissapointed in him tonight of all the players.
I still do not get how he got a star over Ewanyk.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
I really liked TJ Foster tonight. I thought he was really flying out there. Ewanyk's goal was a gimmie because Foster did all the work on that play.

I was also impressed with Geertsen. Thought he was solid defensively.

I know the Blades are missing Thrower and its just one game but imo they don't have a memorial cup caliber team. Their offense doesn't seem to have any top offensive players.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:18 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
I really liked TJ Foster tonight. I thought he was really flying out there. Ewanyk's goal was a gimmie because Foster did all the work on that play.

I was also impressed with Geertsen. Thought he was solid defensively.

I know the Blades are missing Thrower and its just one game but imo they don't have a memorial cup caliber team. Their offense doesn't seem to have any top offensive players.
Foster was flying tonight. Really liked his game. Agree on Saskatoon. They are a collection of 2nd rate players for the most part. They arent missing Thrower, he has been a healthy scratch.

Ewanyk was very strong tonight. I also liked Lucas Sutter's game. That kid is a pitbull. He should be the captain imo. Walker was invisible. Siemens looks like he doesnt want to be there. Lots of problems. I thought Markov had a pretty strong game.

Im really down on Samuelsson and Moroz atm. They both are taking dingbat penalties every game it seems. They are hurting the team atm imo.

Old
10-07-2012, 12:24 AM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Foster was flying tonight. Really liked his game. Agree on Saskatoon. They are a collection of 2nd rate players for the most part. They arent missing Thrower, he has been a healthy scratch.

Ewanyk was very strong tonight. I also liked Lucas Sutter's game. That kid is a pitbull. He should be the captain imo. Walker was invisible. Siemens looks like he doesnt want to be there. Lots of problems. I thought Markov had a pretty strong game.

Im really down on Samuelsson and Moroz atm. They both are taking dingbat penalties every game it seems. They are hurting the team atm imo.
I didn't think Samuelsson had a horrible game he is good once he gets step up in the offensive zone, but skating there is his problem. He has to improve his skating. For Moroz he has to improve everything in his game atm

Old
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I also liked Lucas Sutter's game. That kid is a pitbull. He should be the captain imo.
I saw Brad Marchand play in junior many, many, many times. Lukas Sutter reminds me alot of Marchand.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:24 PM
monkeywrench

So far ater 2 Foster has been a one man wrecking crew in the offensive side of the game with a hattrick. I personally think another lack luster effort from Moroz.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:35 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
So far ater 2 Foster has been a one man wrecking crew in the offensive side of the game with a hattrick. I personally think another lack luster effort from Moroz.
Yup, more stupid penalties and little else.

Foster has been on fire the last couple of games.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

TJ Foster is in beast mode

4 goals so far

I am going to guess he's the CHL player of the week.

Old
10-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I am the Liquor

Brossoit has been garbage.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
I am one of Moroz's biggest supporters, but he is playing with no passion or toughness is quite dissapointing. It is like he is forgetting what made him get where he has got. On the other Ewanyk I thought was the best player on the ice tonight. He is finally playing the way he was playing when he got drafted rough and tough and solid defensive side of the game. He also has two pp goals in the past two games, so hopefully this might be the start of his offensive game breaking out.
One guy that I am really starting like Geertsons game he has been solid all season long. I would not mind the Oilers draftin him this summer.
When we drafted Ewanyk I went through his fight card and the kid is tough as nails and willing to go at the drop of a hat. Even if he ends up a hard nosed 4th liner that is really solid in the defensive end and can PK that would be a solid pick because of the toughness that he brings.

Quote:

Thanks, that's great to hear about Ewanyk, it's encouraging that despite missing most of last season he is on track this season. Where does he play on the PP? Is he on the 1st or 2nd unit?

Quote:
I'd hope that the Oilers prospect development guys are keeping a close eye on his situation.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:15 PM
I am the Liquor

St Croix scores to send it into OT.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Brossoit has been garbage but the Oil Kings desperately need to find some defense. They were the best defensive team in the WHL last season and "defense" isn't even in the club's vocabulary so far this year.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
I personally don't like the annoying kids and families. It makes the atmosphere pretty lame for a university student.

I'll go to some games, but now is midterm season and I have a big test on Saturday, so I wasn't going to make it whether there were children in the audience or not.
Have to agree with this guy.

Aside from it being poorly marketed I'm turned off by the fact the Oil Kings are so young kid oriented. It seems that if you go to a game, you'll either be sitting around a bunch of annoying kids or a couple of puck bunnies hoping to get Klarc Wilson's phone number. That and the fact that I played Bantam with and against a decent chunk of this team makes it kinda meh.

Old
10-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

6-5 Hitmen in OT. It's early yet but this team is nowhere near last year's club. Guys like Pysyk, Rachinski and Pelss routinely came up huge and the players who we're counting on to fill those holes have been disappointing.

Last edited by Moonlapse Vertigo: 10-07-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old
10-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Samuelsson's start has been especially disappointing.

Closed Thread