HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2012, 11:48 PM
April Ethereal
You are Wrong

vCash: 407
Pretty decent win.

Good to see Dylan get the winner. As my cousin, I'm sorta invested in seeing how well he does.

Brossoit needs to be yanked.

Old
10-28-2012, 01:08 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I am predicting a 5 to 2 win for us. With another big game from the Ewanyk and Moroz line.
Pretty close!

Old
10-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Good game tonight as the Oil Kings came back to beat the Kelowna Rockets 5-3 (empty netter by Samuelsson). Beautiful goal by Dylan Wruck to take the lead. Really liked big Damon Severson for the Rockets. Big, strong, tough, smart. Gonna be a player. He was drafted by the Devils last year at 60 and is one of the players I think we should have considered taking instead of Moroz with our second rounder. If tonight is anything to go by we done ****ed up.

Madison Bowey is another big d and is draft eligible this year. He is someone we should look to grab in the second or third round. Another strong, tough kid who is pretty good on the back end. Winnipeg Jets 6th rounder Ryan Olsen also showed very well tonight. Really effective pest who is a decent size and drew 2 or 3 penalties on the night while playing good at both ends of the ice. Physical and fearless. Good player.

Brossoit struggled again. At one point in the game he had let in 3 goals on 10 shots. Not near good enough. Got beat clean on the third goal too.

Vancouver Giants and David Musil roll into town tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to seeing one of my favourite Oiler prospects.

Also for those who are wondering about Griffin Reinhart, he may not be putting up big numbers, but this kid dominates defensively. Cool as a cucumber and is always making the smart defensive play. Watching him back there vs some (any?) of the other dmen is night and day. I think he is ready for the show and will be on the Islanders roster next fall if there is nhl hockey.

Old
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
monkeywrench

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Good game tonight as the Oil Kings came back to beat the Kelowna Rockets 5-3 (empty netter by Samuelsson). Beautiful goal by Dylan Wruck to take the lead. Really liked big Damon Severson for the Rockets. Big, strong, tough, smart. Gonna be a player. He was drafted by the Devils last year at 60 and is one of the players I think we should have considered taking instead of Moroz with our second rounder. If tonight is anything to go by we done ****ed up.

Madison Bowey is another big d and is draft eligible this year. He is someone we should look to grab in the second or third round. Another strong, tough kid who is pretty good on the back end. Winnipeg Jets 6th rounder Ryan Olsen also showed very well tonight. Really effective pest who is a decent size and drew 2 or 3 penalties on the night while playing good at both ends of the ice. Physical and fearless. Good player.

Brossoit struggled again. At one point in the game he had let in 3 goals on 10 shots. Not near good enough. Got beat clean on the third goal too.

Vancouver Giants and David Musil roll into town tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to seeing one of my favourite Oiler prospects.

Also for those who are wondering about Griffin Reinhart, he may not be putting up big numbers, but this kid dominates defensively. Cool as a cucumber and is always making the smart defensive play. Watching him back there vs some (any?) of the other dmen is night and day. I think he is ready for the show and will be on the Islanders roster next fall if there is nhl hockey.
From what I saw out of Bowey last night I would like to draft him. It was only one game though. Would like to see him play again.
I thought all 3 goals were pretty weak, but he did improve his game after the third goal.
I am still worried about him. It just seems like he does not care enough about the game. I also do not think he was the best choice for the captain, but that is another topic for another day. I think he wil be back in the WHL next if he does not pick up in his offensive side of the game and the level of roughness he plays with.
Other than Reinhart I agree with your assesment. Thanks for the update. I always like reading other peoples point of view.

Predicting a 6 to 1 win for us. Big games from Lazar in the offensive side of the game and big game from Mayo and Geertsen.

Old
10-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
I'm glad to see some separation starting to develop in the GF/GA ratio. 51 goals for and 39 against.

Old
10-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
From what I saw out of Bowey last night I would like to draft him. It was only one game though. Would like to see him play again.
I thought all 3 goals were pretty weak, but he did improve his game after the third goal.
I am still worried about him. It just seems like he does not care enough about the game. I also do not think he was the best choice for the captain, but that is another topic for another day. I think he wil be back in the WHL next if he does not pick up in his offensive side of the game and the level of roughness he plays with.
Other than Reinhart I agree with your assesment. Thanks for the update. I always like reading other peoples point of view.

Predicting a 6 to 1 win for us. Big games from Lazar in the offensive side of the game and big game from Mayo and Geertsen.
Laxdall has him playing on the second unit pp with Wilson, Moroz and Ewanyk. He should be the focal point on the first unit, bombing his big shot from the point, but they are missing the boat (imo) by not utilizing him in that manner. So consequently he isnt going to put up big numbers because he isnt really going to take it end to end. He plays a smart game and usually always makes the smart play and gets the puck headed in the right direction safely.

Jarry was outstanding today. I think they need to consider making him #1 or at least giving him more games. Not doing so isnt giving the team the best chance to win atm. Probably Kulda's best game as an Oil King today. Moroz and Ewanyk were solid too, each picking up a goal. I thought Kulda was going to get killed dropping the mitts with Vaneuwenhausinfrazenblazenschwing. Showed a lot of guts doing that.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:46 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Laxdall has him playing on the second unit pp with Wilson, Moroz and Ewanyk. He should be the focal point on the first unit, bombing his big shot from the point, but they are missing the boat (imo) by not utilizing him in that manner. So consequently he isnt going to put up big numbers because he isnt really going to take it end to end. He plays a smart game and usually always makes the smart play and gets the puck headed in the right direction safely.

Jarry was outstanding today. I think they need to consider making him #1 or at least giving him more games. Not doing so isnt giving the team the best chance to win atm. Probably Kulda's best game as an Oil King today. Moroz and Ewanyk were solid too, each picking up a goal. I thought Kulda was going to get killed dropping the mitts with Vaneuwenhausinfrazenblazenschwing. Showed a lot of guts doing that.
Your updates are appreciated Liquor, good to see Jarry has got his game together, maybe the Oilers could look to add this guy to their prospect pool with a later pick? How do you feel Kulda's game compares to Pelss?
Unfortunately I have not been able to watch the Kings live this season due to prior commitments so have been reduced to watching on Shaw or streaming games. My schedule clears in a few weeks and will look to invest in an 8 game pack if they're still available.

Old
10-28-2012, 10:47 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:

Agree. I understand our 1st pp unit is doing good, but I am not a fan of it. They stay out for a good 75% of each pp it seams like and that does not give the other unit a real chance.
I really do hope Jarry does get more ice time.
With that Kulda fight it happen right in front me and he did not have much choice in that, but he did a lot better than I thought. The part the made me mad in that was Sammuelson should stuck up for Kulda, but instead decided to talk tough to Wes after the fight that part drove me nuts

Old
10-28-2012, 11:28 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:

Brissoit's currently spiralling the toilet bowl, I'd consider Jarry for the starter position sooner rather than later.

Old
10-29-2012, 12:36 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Your updates are appreciated Liquor, good to see Jarry has got his game together, maybe the Oilers could look to add this guy to their prospect pool with a later pick? How do you feel Kulda's game compares to Pelss?
Unfortunately I have not been able to watch the Kings live this season due to prior commitments so have been reduced to watching on Shaw or streaming games. My schedule clears in a few weeks and will look to invest in an 8 game pack if they're still available.
I wasnt much for Kulda at first but Ive been warming up to him lately. His game is coming around and tonight he was dangerous in the offensive zone often. He is making the most of his opportunity to fill in for Legault on the Samuelsson/Lazar line. If he continues to progress/develop he may possibly get picked up in the later rounds ala Pelss. I dont think he is as fast as Pelss, but Pelss is older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
Brissoit's currently spiralling the toilet bowl, I'd consider Jarry for the starter position sooner rather than later.
Agreed.

Old
10-29-2012, 02:00 AM
smokersarejokers

How was Musil?

Old
10-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Played a lot.

Probably somewhere between 25 and 30 minutes.

Other than that he was pretty much the same player I have seen at other times over the last couple years, big, smart player, but a little slow footed. He would look really good in an Oil King's uniform I know that much. Im hoping we make a trade for him. Sautner and Corbett are taking years off my life.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:00 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Played a lot.

Probably somewhere between 25 and 30 minutes.

Other than that he was pretty much the same player I have seen at other times over the last couple years, big, smart player, but a little slow footed. He would look really good in an Oil King's uniform I know that much. Im hoping we make a trade for him. Sautner and Corbett are taking years off my life.
It's bringing back memories of Cory Cross and Alexei Semenov.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
10-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Sautner and Corbett are taking years off my life.
I fear what would happen if we put them out against a team like Kamloops. They're terrible enough when we play teams like Vancouver and Kootenay...

Old
10-29-2012, 05:25 AM
The Nuge
Some Say...

How'd Houck look tonight? I see he was held off the scoresheet for the first time in a while

Old
10-29-2012, 08:24 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
It's bringing back memories of Cory Cross and Alexei Semenov.
Not for me. He is a much smarter player than that.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
How'd Houck look tonight? I see he was held off the scoresheet for the first time in a while
Invisible.

Old
10-29-2012, 03:00 PM
oStealthKiller

was lowe complete crap as always? i know the kelowna game was a typical garbage performance but what about vancouver?

Old
10-30-2012, 05:58 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

It was mentioned on Oilers Now yesterday that there is a good possibility that David Musil will be traded in the next 2 weeks. Will the Oil Kings be in on it and what will the cost be?

Old
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
It was mentioned on Oilers Now yesterday that there is a good possibility that David Musil will be traded in the next 2 weeks. Will the Oil Kings be in on it and what will the cost be?
I do remember the Oilers really wanting him to play in Edmonton when he came into the WHL.

Old
10-30-2012, 06:52 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Sautner and a draft pick.

Giddyup!

Old
10-30-2012, 06:57 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Sautner and a draft pick.

Giddyup!
I wish!

Old
10-30-2012, 07:17 PM
40oz

Reinhart - Musil would be the most terrifying pairing in the league.

Musil can play the right side, I think I remember Griffin playing on the right too. But both are lefties.

Old
10-30-2012, 08:23 PM
The Nuge
Some Say...

Quote:
I wish!
Ya he's not going to come cheap. He'd probably take the WHL equivalent of the rebuild package Calgary would want for Iginla. I'm thinking a promising young prospect and a couple high picks

Old
10-31-2012, 01:59 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Not for me. He is a much smarter player than that.
Was referring to Sautner and Corbett.

Closed Thread