HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
  #576
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,629
vCash: 500
How was Moroz in his return?

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:20 PM
  #577
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
The Oil Kings defeated the Broncos 2-1 on the strength of two Lazar goals.

Fans are starting to come out in OK numbers. The attendance was just shy of 6000 tonight.
They gave away free tickets to students. It was not an enjoyable game with that many kids running around and legault got the goals.

Moroz was okay nothing special I thought but not horrible either.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
  #578
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
They gave away free tickets to students. It was not an enjoyable game with that many kids running around and legault got the goals.

Moroz was okay nothing special I thought but not horrible either.
Crap. I dunno why I was thinking Lazar when I typed that.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:32 AM
  #579
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,187
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
How was Moroz in his return?
Playing on the third line but without Ewanyk. He didnt really do much, made a couple of mistakes. The whole team didnt play very well tbh, especially in the second half of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
They gave away free tickets to students. It was not an enjoyable game with that many kids running around and legault got the goals.

Moroz was okay nothing special I thought but not horrible either.
No kidding. That's the worst Ive ever seen it. Had to move. If they want to attract more paying customers, then they need to cut that horse **** out or not only will they fail to attract new customers, they will lose those they already have.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:40 AM
  #580
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Playing on the third line but without Ewanyk. He didnt really do much, made a couple of mistakes. The whole team didnt play very well tbh, especially in the second half of the game.



No kidding. That's the worst Ive ever seen it. Had to move. If they want to attract more paying customers, then they need to cut that horse **** out or not only will they fail to attract new customers, they will lose those they already have.
Yeah we had to move also it was so dissapointing it was hard to pay attention to the game. I am thinking of calling the office and complaining about it.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 12:52 PM
  #581
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Yeah we had to move also it was so dissapointing it was hard to pay attention to the game. I am thinking of calling the office and complaining about it.
It was a promotional night, you could just deal with it. They are still trying to increase their market share and trying all sorts of stuff to get some more real customers, I can't really blame them. It was one game. I really doubt you or IATL are going to cancel your seasons because some kids were being exceptionally annoying for 2 or 3 games in a year, especially when the team is winning and good prospects are rolling through.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:09 PM
  #582
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,187
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
It was a promotional night, you could just deal with it. They are still trying to increase their market share and trying all sorts of stuff to get some more real customers, I can't really blame them. It was one game. I really doubt you or IATL are going to cancel your seasons because some kids were being exceptionally annoying for 2 or 3 games in a year, especially when the team is winning and good prospects are rolling through.
We hear from hard core hockey fans all the time how this is one of THE reasons for them NOT going to the games. Its real, not imagined, and I have a hard time figuring out how giving stuff away for free = an increase in paying customers, especially when the people you are giving the free tickets to dont even have their own bank account.

Its a ridiculously stupid marketing plan. If you think actual paying customers ie season ticket holders should just "suck it up" and endure two and a half hours of continuous screaming and outright obnoxious behavior then you are mistaken.

I used to go to hockey games when I was young, and I can tell you, that kind of behaviour would not be tolerated. People were expected to have some manners and show some respect and common courtesy for those around them.

If you were sitting where I moved to, then you likely wouldnt think it was a big deal, however if you were sitting where my seats are, you wouldnt be blowing it off as a minor nuisance.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:17 PM
  #583
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
We hear from hard core hockey fans all the time how this is one of THE reasons for them NOT going to the games. Its real, not imagined, and I have a hard time figuring out how giving stuff away for free = an increase in paying customers, especially when the people you are giving the free tickets to dont even have their own bank account.

Its a ridiculously stupid marketing plan. If you think actual paying customers ie season ticket holders should just "suck it up" and endure two and a half hours of continuous screaming and outright obnoxious behavior then you are mistaken.

I used to go to hockey games when I was young, and I can tell you, that kind of behaviour would not be tolerated. People were expected to have some manners and show some respect and common courtesy for those around them.

If you were sitting where I moved to, then you likely wouldnt think it was a big deal, however if you were sitting where my seats are, you wouldnt be blowing it off as a minor nuisance.
I'm just saying it's a few games out of a lot, different story if it's every single game. Obviously they think the way to get these kids coming more often is the parents thinking it's a good idea for a weekend activity or something. I just can't really blame the Oil Kings too much for trying what they can to get butts in the seats, it's part of their job and obviously not every promotion is going to be successful. Seem awful curmudgeonly for one game on a weeknight.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
  #584
monkeywrench
Registered User
 
monkeywrench's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
It was a promotional night, you could just deal with it. They are still trying to increase their market share and trying all sorts of stuff to get some more real customers, I can't really blame them. It was one game. I really doubt you or IATL are going to cancel your seasons because some kids were being exceptionally annoying for 2 or 3 games in a year, especially when the team is winning and good prospects are rolling through.
Tell you what I sit in section 106 row 2 next kids promotion night there is I will give my seats and you will see what I am complaining about. The mascot was around are seats for a good chunk of the second period and kids were running in front of us and running into us to get to the mascot we did not get to see much the second. We are paying customers unlike the kids and we deserve to be able to pay attention to the game it was so hard to with those thunder sticks banging the whole, kids were beating each other with those sticks and hit us a couple of times and screaming the whole time I could not hear the whistles or the annoucers. It was past the point of enjoyable. So next promotional night you got my tickets and you can see what we are complaining about.

monkeywrench is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 10:00 AM
  #585
dyzfunctioned
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Been meaning to make it out to a game all year, finally going to get on it in the coming weeks.

What's the best upcoming home game to go to?

They play Kootenay on the 30th, Lethbridge on the 2nd, Calgary on the 7th, Kamloops on the 12th, Victoria on the 15th, and Regina on the 16th.

Thinking maybe Kootenay or Kamloops...

dyzfunctioned is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 10:45 AM
  #586
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,187
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
Been meaning to make it out to a game all year, finally going to get on it in the coming weeks.

What's the best upcoming home game to go to?

They play Kootenay on the 30th, Lethbridge on the 2nd, Calgary on the 7th, Kamloops on the 12th, Victoria on the 15th, and Regina on the 16th.

Thinking maybe Kootenay or Kamloops...
Probably the Calgary game, fight for first place, or anything before the tenth. Kootenay is pretty boring, but you would get to see Sam Reinhart. The games against Lethbridge are usually pretty spirited. After the tenth you wont see Reinhart, Brossoit, possibly Musil and maybe some others too as they will be getting ready for the WJC. Same goes for the opposition teams who will likely be missing their best players too.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 10:48 AM
  #587
dyzfunctioned
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Probably the Calgary game, fight for first place, or anything before the tenth. Kootenay is pretty boring, but you would get to see Sam Reinhart. The games against Lethbridge are usually pretty spirited. After the tenth you wont see Reinhart, Brossoit, possibly Musil and maybe some others too as they will be getting ready for the WJC. Same goes for the opposition teams who will likely be missing their best players too.
Totally forgot about the whole WJC thing. Probably try for Kootenay on the 30th or Calgary on the 7th ythen.

dyzfunctioned is offline  
Old
11-22-2012, 11:09 AM
  #588
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,187
vCash: 8345
Calgary should be a much more entertaining game. Just my opinion. Good luck.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:35 PM
  #589
oiler-dude
Registered User
 
oiler-dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Tonights game is on Sportsnet, for anyone who wasn't aware. Nice to see an Edmonton team get good airtime for once (this is already their 2nd game on Sportsnet this season).

oiler-dude is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:51 PM
  #590
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,609
vCash: 500
Any update on Ewanyk after his MRI?

Groucho is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 12:54 PM
  #591
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,187
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
Tonights game is on Sportsnet, for anyone who wasn't aware. Nice to see an Edmonton team get good airtime for once (this is already their 2nd game on Sportsnet this season).
Probably has more to do with showcasing the next Bobby Orr.

Should draw big numbers.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 02:51 PM
  #592
oiler-dude
Registered User
 
oiler-dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Probably has more to do with showcasing the next Bobby Orr.

Should draw big numbers.
I guess. Totally forgot about Reilly factor. None the less, it's Edmonton based HD hockey on my TV tonight, so I'm not complaining.

oiler-dude is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 03:58 PM
  #593
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Probably has more to do with showcasing the next Bobby Orr.

Should draw big numbers.
Will the league give Oil Kings the mercy rule if MJ piles up to may points

topchowda is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 04:07 PM
  #594
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,681
vCash: 500
Children going to junior hockey games. Oh the terror.

Replacement is online now  
Old
11-23-2012, 04:32 PM
  #595
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,482
vCash: 500
What's the Oil Kings line-up going to look like tonight?

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 05:24 PM
  #596
fysloc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 302
vCash: 50
Anyone know how much parking costs around Rexall for non-oilers events? Going to game tonight, but don't know how much parking is, so might take LRT instead.

fysloc is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 05:51 PM
  #597
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
I usually park on the side just northeast of Axe Music when I go to Oil Kings games. Free parking.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 06:07 PM
  #598
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,187
vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysloc View Post
Anyone know how much parking costs around Rexall for non-oilers events? Going to game tonight, but don't know how much parking is, so might take LRT instead.
Ten to fourteen dollars.

I park for free and walk a few blocks.

Taking the LRT isnt a bad idea either.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 08:45 PM
  #599
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,629
vCash: 500
I hate to be THAT guy, but are there any online streams of the free variety for tonight's game?

Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 08:48 PM
  #600
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I hate to be THAT guy, but are there any online streams of the free variety for tonight's game?
It's on the NHL network.

CupofOil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.