HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2013, 12:45 PM
monkeywrench

vCash: 50
I hope people do not give up on the Oil Kings now that the Oilers are back. Hopefully both teams will get the full support from the people of Edmonton.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
I hope people do not give up on the Oil Kings now that the Oilers are back. Hopefully both teams will get the full support from the people of Edmonton.
Im hoping Reinhart doesnt play for NYI this year.

Edmonton is a tough town for junior hockey. They are Oilers or bust. It is what it is, but I plan on continuing to support the Oil Kings and its nice to see Im not alone. Quite a few people I have talked to at the games are loyal to the Oil Kings. They arent going anywhere.

Old
01-06-2013, 12:55 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Great little scrap but I'm sorry I don't see the point of that, by young kids no less, in a supposed professional sport. I love action movies, scraps n **** as much as the next guy but to me its just more senseless violence and nothing else. Wish it would stop. IMHO. Otherwise loved the game and listened to it on the radio once again. Guess Corey wasn't exaggerating about that tilt at all.
Dont watch it then. These two guys are going to make it to the nhl in large part due to their toughness. We can send kids off to war who are Moroz' age but we get all up in arms if they get in a fist fight? Give me a break.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:03 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
I'll definitely be going to Oil Kings (and Rush) games over Oilers games for the foreseeable future.
Not as some protest, it's just a better value.

Without looking into it, I think I've seen Geertsen being projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick. I wouldn't be against the Oilers taking a shot at him.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:05 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Im hoping Reinhart doesnt play for NYI this year.

Edmonton is a tough town for junior hockey. They are Oilers or bust. It is what it is, but I plan on continuing to support the Oil Kings and its nice to see Im not alone. Quite a few people I have talked to at the games are loyal to the Oil Kings. They arent going anywhere.
I sadly do not think he is coming back.
Yeah Oil Kings are great hockey and they play their best all the time. I will be supporting both of the teams the same amount.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

I've been loyal to the Oil Kings for five years now. I don't plan on giving up on them any time soon.

Hopefully, I could get some season tickets next year, if my poor ass student life can afford it.

I really miss Geertsen. I love the kid. I hope he does well in the draft.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:33 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
I'll definitely be going to Oil Kings (and Rush) games over Oilers games for the foreseeable future.
Not as some protest, it's just a better value.

Without looking into it, I think I've seen Geertsen being projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick. I wouldn't be against the Oilers taking a shot at him.
He's more 3rd-5th I'd say but could see a team taking a flyer on him in the 2nd if he finishes up well.

Old
01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Dont watch it then. These two guys are going to make it to the nhl in large part due to their toughness. We can send kids off to war who are Moroz' age but we get all up in arms if they get in a fist fight? Give me a break.
I admit, I shouldn't have even commented on that... And I didn't watch the game, I listened to it on the radio, lol. I just have strong feeling on the subject is all. Also, did you just compare playing junior hockey with the military profession and serving our country? Geez man...

Old
01-06-2013, 01:53 PM
40oz

Giants d-man Mason Geersten comes clean on fighting former Oil King teammate

Quote:
“When you are on the same team, you have to put up with things but now I can take out what I was holding back.”
Wow, sounds like they didn't like each other very much...

Old
01-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Giants d-man Mason Geersten comes clean on fighting former Oil King teammate

Wow, sounds like they didn't like each other very much...
Kinda sounds like it was common knowledge that they didn't like each other if you're close to the team. Gregor and Graham briefly talked about it on twitter.

Graham: Mitch Moroz and Mason Geertsen fight twice in the third. The 2nd was an epic tilt where both landed huge shots.

Gregor: Something to that, or just two aggressive guys?

Graham: I think there's a little more too it. Had a hunch they would go at least once tonight.

Old
01-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

It's probably girl related.

Old
01-06-2013, 05:56 PM
monkeywrench

I have a friend on the team, and I have heard more then once that Moroz is a bit of ass and that he is really high on himself.

Old
01-07-2013, 12:52 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
I have a friend on the team, and I have heard more then once that Moroz is a bit of ass and that he is really high on himself.
Heard he's just more of a weird guy who doesn't know when to stop pushing buttons sometimes. Like he's probably the guy that takes the joke a little too far, probably bugged Geertsen in the room a bit and he's more of a serious guy and didn't take to it that well.

Old
01-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
I've played against him, the guy is so good at chirping. I'm sure he gets annoying.

Old
01-07-2013, 02:38 AM
I am the Liquor

Not sure anyone from the Oil Kings reads this, but if they do, please stop announcing the scores of other sports events not related to the WHL during games.

Not sure why this would need to be pointed out, but apparently in this day and age of Pvr's and smart phones, it does. NOBODY wants to know the ****ing score of the football game while they are at the hockey game. If they did, they could take two seconds to check their smart phones for an update. Please find some tiny wee bit of sense and stop ****ing blaring the scores in the NFL, CFL, or NHL games during the ****ing hockey game. Some of us may be recording them to watch later when we get home from the ****ing game.

Idiots.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Fourier

Quote:
I sadly do not think he is coming back.
Yeah Oil Kings are great hockey and they play their best all the time. I will be supporting both of the teams the same amount.
If Visnovsky goes to the Island then I think there is a reasonable chance that Reinhart ends up back with the Kings. If not it will be tough since de Haan is gone for the season.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
puckfan13

I'd say Donovan and Ness will be in before Reinhart on the Island. Think he will go to camp but he will be back in a week or so.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
I am the Liquor

Sure hope so. Would be a real kick in the nuts if he wasnt. Maybe they keep him for nine games? As long as he is back for the playoffs I suppose. If we lose him for good it would put a huge dent in any playoff run.

Old
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Sladerx

Was really chocked today to see that vishnovsky isn't coming back to the islanders, really hope that we can get reinhart back. Talked to someone who works with the team last summer and they were nervous that they were going to lose him due to the islanders weak depth on d. Here is hoping

I'm a big Oilers fan but the nhl being back isn't going to stop me from watching and going to oil kings games, the whl is awesome hockey!

Old
01-09-2013, 12:37 PM
HopefulCoach

Oil Kings have apparently traded for 20 year old Trevor Cheek or the Vancouver Giants. Guess no Ferland

Old
01-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulCoach View Post
Oil Kings have apparently traded for 20 year old Trevor Cheek or the Vancouver Giants. Guess no Ferland
Doesnt appear the Wheaties are going to move Ferland. Either that or the price was too high. Cheek has pretty good wheels. Ferland wouldnt be able to keep up with the Portland's of the world.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:08 PM
HopefulCoach

Quote:
Doesnt appear the Wheaties are going to move Ferland. Either that or the price was too high. Cheek has pretty good wheels. Ferland wouldnt be able to keep up with the Portland's of the world.
I agree. I personally like this deal as he fits in well with our team.

Wruck-St.Croix-Foster
Legault-Lazar-Samuelsson
Cheek-Ewanyk-Moroz
Kulda-Benson-Wilson
Baddock/Bertolucci/Pollock

Pollock might be going back to midget AAA or junior A now with this move. I honestly don't know if there is much more the Oil Kings can add to improve at this point either.

Old
01-09-2013, 01:57 PM
I am the Liquor

I think Cheek may take Legault's spot, with Legault moving down to the third line. I dont see them making any more moves. The only thing that remains to be seen is if Reinhart will be available or not.

Old
01-09-2013, 02:01 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 125
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Edmonton Oil Kings ‏@EdmOilKings

Quote:
Newly acquired Trevor Cheek will wear #34 for YOUR Edmonton #OilKings
https://twitter.com/EdmOilKings/stat...79072645058562

01-09-2013, 02:51 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
I think Cheek may take Legault's spot, with Legault moving down to the third line. I dont see them making any more moves. The only thing that remains to be seen is if Reinhart will be available or not.
I would not be surprised to see them get another defenceman. A one that plays a very tough game to make up for what they traded away in the Musil deal.

Closed Thread