HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYI-ANA large

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-14-2012, 02:24 PM
  #1
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,220
vCash: 500
NYI-ANA large

to NYI: Bobby Ryan, Luca Sbisa

to ANA: Michael Grabner, Griffin Reinhart, Brock Nelson, 1st Round Pick 2013

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:26 PM
  #2
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Pretty fair BUT everyone knows Ryan will take first train outta there soon as he hits Ufa.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:27 PM
  #3
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,951
vCash: 400
If I were NYI I would rather keep the futures.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
  #4
DohBruins
Registered User
 
DohBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Grabner + Nelson + 1st => Ryan. Reinhart + NYI 1st >>>> Sbisa

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:32 PM
  #5
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
to NYI: Bobby Ryan, Luca Sbisa

to ANA: Michael Grabner, Griffin Reinhart, Brock Nelson, 1st Round Pick 2013
Not interested. I'd rather hold onto our players.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:34 PM
  #6
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,662
vCash: 814
Way too much risk to make it worth giving up on Ryan and Sbisa. I'm not even sure about the value either.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:35 PM
  #7
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,224
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
to NYI: Bobby Ryan, Luca Sbisa

to ANA: Michael Grabner, Griffin Reinhart, Brock Nelson, 1st Round Pick 2013
Ugh.Makes me glad the isles have their payroll issues.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:36 PM
  #8
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan02190 View Post
Grabner + Nelson + 1st => Ryan. Reinhart + NYI 1st >>>> Sbisa
You added an extra 1st in there.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:38 PM
  #9
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,754
vCash: 500
Kick Nelson out of the deal and I'd say yes.

No telling what Bobby Ryan would do when he gets UFA.

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
  #10
MugatuNYR
so hot right now
 
MugatuNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Kick Nelson out of the deal and I'd say yes.

No telling what Bobby Ryan would do when he gets UFA.
He would take the first available bus to Philly.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
  #11
SpeedDemon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Classified
Country: United States
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
sorry but Grabner's speed is too much of an asset to lose. If even if it is for Ryan.

It's bad enough Moulson and Tavares's production will drop with the absence of PA (I guarantee Boyes isn't gonna do sqaut for the Isles)

In so much as see Grabner's name as one the pieces to pay and immediately say pass

SpeedDemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
  #12
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Ugh.Makes me glad the isles have their payroll issues.
As far as current roster goes, you're essentially giving up Grabner for Ryan and Sbisa. They are both locked up for 3 more seasons. Nelson's a good prospect, but with Tavares, Strome, Nielsen, Cizikas on the roster he has no future here as a center. Reinhart is a great prospect, but you obviously have to give to get and with Sbisa coming back and Donovan and deHaan on the brink of being NHL-ready(if not already there) we could live without him:

Moulson - Tavares - Ryan
Bailey - Strome - Okposo
Nino - Nielsen - Ullstrom
Martin - Cizikas - Rakh/Boulton

Streit - Sbisa
MacDonald - Hamonic
Visnovsky - Carkner
xxDonovan and deHaan as emergency call-ups, one steps in for Lubo next year.

Nabokov
DP(eventually one of Nilsson or Poulin)

That team would compete now AND in the future. Salary is another story, but as far as talent and on-ice performance goes, I make this deal 100/100 times.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:43 PM
  #13
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,408
vCash: 3700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Not interested. I'd rather hold onto our players.
Same.

Grabner and Ryan seem to be friends by their conversations on twitter, it would be pretty funny to see them traded for each other.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,224
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
As far as current roster goes, you're essentially giving up Grabner for Ryan and Sbisa. They are both locked up for 3 more seasons. Nelson's a good prospect, but with Tavares, Strome, Nielsen, Cizikas on the roster he has no future here as a center. Reinhart is a great prospect, but you obviously have to give to get and with Sbisa coming back and Donovan and deHaan on the brink of being NHL-ready(if not already there) we could live without him:

Moulson - Tavares - Ryan
Bailey - Strome - Okposo
Nino - Nielsen - Ullstrom
Martin - Cizikas - Rakh/Boulton

Streit - Sbisa
MacDonald - Hamonic
Visnovsky - Carkner
xxDonovan and deHaan as emergency call-ups, one steps in for Lubo next year.

Nabokov
DP(eventually one of Nilsson or Poulin)

That team would compete now AND in the future. Salary is another story, but as far as talent and on-ice performance goes, I make this deal 100/100 times.
I don't think the isles have a defensemen in the system with the upside of Reinhart. I don't want to trade him. Just like with Hamonic, I want the isles to show patience and see what we have.

There's too much uncertainty about the 2012-2013 season and draft, to move the isles 2013 first.

Maybe even more importantly, do you really see Ryan sticking with the NYI when his current contract ends, when his boyhood team the Flyers have let it be known that they want him?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 02:57 PM
  #15
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,057
vCash: 130
To much for NYI to give up.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:12 PM
  #16
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Ewww no...

I wouldn't touch this from an Anaheim perspective.

Grabner is a one hit wonder IMO. Edit: Not his skill set but his season totals: Closer to a 30pt player than a 50pt player IMO
Sbisa is far more proven than Reinhart. Ducks have plenty of D prospects waiting in the wings.
Nelson is not Strome.
The only thing of value in this is the 1st round pick.

Ducks get hosed IMO...

If they are giving up Ryan and Sbisa they better get

Hamonic
Strome
1st/Niederreiter


Also of note: Everyone is hilarious you guys act as if Bobby Ryan is a FA... He has 3 years left on his deal. LOLOL


Last edited by airforceones25: 09-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:15 PM
  #17
PhoenyX
Registered User
 
PhoenyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
No thanks from Anaheim's perspective. I'm not sure if NYI does this either.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:21 PM
  #18
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,224
vCash: 725
Quote:

Grabner is a one hit wonder IMO.
Grabner's actually a very good pk player, who's speed makes him dangerous on the pk.

But, go ahead with the one hit wonder theme

Quote:
Sbisa is far more proven than Reinhart. Ducks have plenty of D prospects waiting in the wings.
There are a ton of nhl d-men, who are ' more proven' then 18 yr old Reinhart
Big deal. I still would not want Reinhart moved for them.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:26 PM
  #19
Crazy8oooo
k ؃
 
Crazy8oooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Orange County
Country: United States
Posts: 989
vCash: 500
I'm surprised to see so many Isles fans saying no to this deal. The Isles get the proven star in Ryan and another young proven player in Sbisa, who should continue getting better. Grabner is a big downgrade from Ryan and the rest of the pieces are future, when the Ducks are trying to compete now.

Also, to those opposing it due to Ryan possibly bolting after his contract: You realize he is locked up for the next 3 years, right? It's not as though he is entering the last year of his deal, which is what some of you are making it sound like.

Anyway, big no from this Duck fan.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:31 PM
  #20
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw
 
JerseyGuy276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Flood Zone
Country: United States
Posts: 8,955
vCash: 500
I'd say thats too much for the Islanders to give up. And lol at the Grabner being a 1-hit-wonder.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 03:32 PM
  #21
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Grabner's actually a very good pk player, who's speed makes him dangerous on the pk.

But, go ahead with the one hit wonder theme



There are a ton of nhl d-men, who are ' more proven' then 18 yr old Reinhart
Big deal. I still would not want Reinhart moved for them.
You described Andrew Cogliano 2.0

You missed interpreted my 1 hit wonder. I apologize for my lack of clarity. I know all about Grabner. He's killed the Ducks in the past when he was with the Canucks. His speed is top notch. When I said one hit wonder I should have clarified his season. I don't think he'll produce at the same clip he did 2 years ago.

Imo he's far closer to the 30 pt season he displayed last year as opposed to his 50 pt one 2 years ago. This would be a severe downgrade to the Ducks at the cost of Bobby Ryan.

Also i'm not knocking Reinhart as I like him very much. However Sbisa is so ridiculous undervalued. The kid is an absolute rock and gets zero love. He plays a phyiscal two way game and is certainly worth far more than the value he's perceived to be in this trade.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM
  #22
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,012
vCash: 500
No way.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
  #23
blinkman360
CdH for Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Pretty fair BUT everyone knows Ryan will take first train outta there soon as he hits Ufa.
You never know. Certain factors could change things. He could end up having career years playing with Tavares, which could convince him to stay. The Isles could have some success, and be considered a Cup contender by the time his contract expires. That could convince him to stay. He could end up loving it on Long Island as well, which could also convince him to stay.

If all three of these things happen, as well as Wang/Snow offering him top-dollar to stick around, I could see him re-signing regardless of how big of a Philly fan he was/is.

Either way, this trade would never happen for salary reasons alone. Was more curious to see if the value was close.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 05:09 PM
  #24
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,224
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
You described Andrew Cogliano 2.0

You missed interpreted my 1 hit wonder. I apologize for my lack of clarity. I know all about Grabner. He's killed the Ducks in the past when he was with the Canucks. His speed is top notch. When I said one hit wonder I should have clarified his season. I don't think he'll produce at the same clip he did 2 years ago.

Imo he's far closer to the 30 pt season he displayed last year as opposed to his 50 pt one 2 years ago. This would be a severe downgrade to the Ducks at the cost of Bobby Ryan.

Also i'm not knocking Reinhart as I like him very much. However Sbisa is so ridiculous undervalued. The kid is an absolute rock and gets zero love. He plays a phyiscal two way game and is certainly worth far more than the value he's perceived to be in this trade.
Grabner in 174 nhl games, has scored a total of 59 goals.
Cogliano in 410 nhl games, has scored a total of 70 goals.
You wildly overrate Cogs scoring ability.

And I'm not interested in seeing Snow make trades because his prospect is not nhl ready at 18 or 19. What a shortsighted way to build a roster.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
  #25
Suddenly7
Registered User
 
Suddenly7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Pretty fair BUT everyone knows Ryan will take first train outta there soon as he hits Ufa.
Well I guess it's going to be a long 3 years. Poor Ryan.

Suddenly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.