HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
10-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Usual_Suspect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Doh! Stupid Twitter! A friend re-tweeted the comment. I'd better let him know.
For what it's worth Omark does still have his profile pic as him in an Oilers Jersey.

Usual_Suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I never like it when a coach craps on a player in public, so that was a nice gesture by Krueger. I'd think that Linus would rather play for Ralph than Renney for what it's worth.
You can see why Krueger was hired. This guy is so positive, and positive reinforcement is (in my opinion) the most effective way to coach young people, not just in hockey. This is exactly what we need, at least until we reach the next level.

Hopefully this season helps Omark in the long run. Zetterberg is truly a great player, I really hope he spends a lot of time with Omark on and off the ice.

It's just great to see our players excelling in their respective leagues, it's really all we could hope for during a lockout. Hopefully everyone can stay relatively healthy and continue developing.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
You can see why Krueger was hired. This guy is so positive, and positive reinforcement is (in my opinion) the most effective way to coach young people, not just in hockey. This is exactly what we need, at least until we reach the next level.

Hopefully this season helps Omark in the long run. Zetterberg is truly a great player, I really hope he spends a lot of time with Omark on and off the ice.

It's just great to see our players excelling in their respective leagues, it's really all we could hope for during a lockout. Hopefully everyone can stay relatively healthy and continue developing.
Good post.

I don't get all the people still hating on Omark. You don't want him on the Oilers, fine - but him doing well while still being Oilers property HAS to be better than him being terrible doesn't it? What if he and Zetterberg are lights out together? Maybe the Wings offer up something for him. Or maybe something clicks with Omark and he comes back to NA and plays his way onto the team and becomes a solid contributor. To me, him excelling is nothing but good news for me as an Oilers fan.

Hoogaar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lay Z Boy GM View Post
That's what this org needs badly. Such a gongshow around here the last decade or so with MacT & KLo publicly bashing players, sending guys to play in the A for $5M/season, fighting with a certain Tor GM who will remain nameless, the "waaaahiwannanewarenaiwannitiwannitiwannit" debacle, etc. If Krueger can keep it civil for the next few years it will be an amzing turnabout.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2012, 05:28 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Maybe Lino is a chicks name I don't know, but their is a Lino playing on Omarks team that is 5'5 126lbs.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Thorulf

Update:
Linus has now 16p in 12 games. Third in league scoring.
ZV Zug is however currently placed 9 out of 12 team, just out of play-off spot.

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:56 AM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
Update:
Sweet. the guy will play in the nhl. no doubt about it. just not on our team (I don't think).

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:05 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Sweet. the guy will play in the nhl. no doubt about it. just not on our team (I don't think).
bubble player. better on international ice than nhl.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 01:37 AM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

Quote:
Update:
Glenn Metropolit is second.
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...tistik_nla.php

Aaaaaaand nowhere to be found on the league leaders in +/- http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...hp?season=2013

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post

Aaaaaaand nowhere to be found on the league leaders in +/- http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...hp?season=2013
I have no doubt that Linus will continue to pursue an NHL career once the lockout ends. This can only help with his confidence and get him on the right track again.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
McClelland

Quote:

And Gilbert Brule has 12 gp 0 g 5 a 5 points
Jeff tambellini 3+4 12 gp

Zug has only 12 points so far and their defense sux big
and Omarks line is the only who produces! Zetterberg plays next game and probably give the team a boost.

I think omark will get another shot in Nhl,there are teams out there starving for offense and omark is a cheap low risk high reward player. Hopefully we get a 2 rounder for him! Lets hope he continues to produce a d make the wc team, a lot harder if the lockout continues trueout the year.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
And Gilbert Brule has 12 gp 0 g 5 a 5 points
Jeff tambellini 3+4 12 gp

Zug has only 12 points so far and their defense sux big
and Omarks line is the only who produces! Zetterberg plays next game and probably give the team a boost.

I think omark will get another shot in Nhl,there are teams out there starving for offense and omark is a cheap low risk high reward player. Hopefully we get a 2 rounder for him! Lets hope he continues to produce a d make the wc team, a lot harder if the lockout continues trueout the year.
I find Omark to be kind of high risk at the NHL level myself. He's better suited for a League like the Swiss league. I really don't think he's cut out for the NHL, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Last edited by Dorian2: 10-15-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Stoneman89

Nothing against Omark, I wish him well. But can we just please let him go, like we were finally able to do with Robbie Schremp (after several attempts, therapy for some, and a few years)? He's done as an Oiler and not coming back, and the feeling is mutual.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 11:35 AM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
Nothing against Omark, I wish him well. But can we just please let him go, like we were finally able to do with Robbie Schremp (after several attempts, therapy for some, and a few years)? He's done as an Oiler and not coming back, and the feeling is mutual.
Omark is oiler property! Thats why i writing in his thread!I see a highly talent playmaker who i want to reach Nhl level, and i think he will do that,probably not with us,but alot can happen,injurys,hemsky department and we have already a new coach.

I like to watching such talent where ever it shows up and Nhl needs some entertaiment,to balance up over-directed hockey who is boring and predictable where roleplayers is almost semistars and thats isnt enough to make hockey a more entertaiment sport especially in us, Nhl must reach out to the big crowd who is willing to pay big bucks.

The schremp comparison is only ridicolous,only a quick look at their career stats shows the difference.

Old
10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
The schremp comparison is only ridicolous,only a quick look at their career stats shows the difference.
Two players that refused to listen to coaches in order to make the NHL, can add Alex Giroux to the list as well amongst others.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
McClelland

@joestevens Are you a oiler insider or something! Feeding rumors is a well known Hf board habit! Didnt you read what krueger said about him.

3 rookiekids made the team all three 1 st rounders and 2 of them better then omark,
He isnt a shutdown player and there werent room for him. I cant open your eyes, because you are trapped in a certain mode where facts is excluded.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:09 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Two players that refused to listen to coaches in order to make the NHL, can add Alex Giroux to the list as well amongst others.
It's amazing how people can just make up random conjecture and generalizations about players and then state that all as fact, expecting others to just nod along. "Well, I guess if he typed it on a messageboard, it must be true."

I don't get the logic myself, but apparently Omark being an All-Star in every league he's played in except the NHL is proof that he's a bum and doesn't deserve another shot at playing in the NHL. :?

Last edited by NAF: 10-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.
NAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:29 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
@joestevens Are you a oiler insider or something! Feeding rumors is a well known Hf board habit! Didnt you read what krueger said about him.

3 rookiekids made the team all three 1 st rounders and 2 of them better then omark,
He isnt a shutdown player and there werent room for him. I cant open your eyes, because you are trapped in a certain mode where facts is excluded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
It's amazing how people can just make up random conjecture and generalizations about players and then state that all as fact, expecting others to just nod along. "Well, I guess if he typed it on a messageboard, it must be true."

I don't get the logic myself, but apparently Omark being an All-Star in every league he's played in except the NHL is proof that he's a bum and doesn't deserve another shot at playing in the NHL. :?
The coaches have said numerous times he needs to work on his two-way play, back checking, not holding onto the puck etc... I've said for the past couple years being a 40-50 point player isn't going to be enough for Omark to make NHL teams, not with his weaknesses. He wants to be pure offense then he better be putting 50+ up.

As for opening my eyes, the kid couldn't even make the team at the end of the year when we had injuries instead he was a healthy scratch.

You can be an all-star in every league and it means **** when it comes to the best league. You think being an all-star in the CFL means you deserve to be in the NFL? And I never said he doesn't deserve another shot, but he isn't going to get one by being the same player he's been the past 2 years.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post

Not that he's a bum, but that he's just not suited to succeed in the NHL. SEL, sure...not the NHL though. Was he actually an All Star in the SEL? The AHL sure, but that doesn't mean squat in the big show if he can't make the next step...which he hasn't been able to do.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Gus Schmidt

I'm kind of cheering for Omark to do well. The better he plays, the more likely the Oil get something of value for him. His value on the trade market was very low in the summer.

Gus Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 12:58 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Schmidt View Post
I'm kind of cheering for Omark to do well. The better he plays, the more likely the Oil get something of value for him. His value on the trade market was very low in the summer.
Exactly. I have no idea why any reasonable Oiler fan wouldn't think like this. Who cheers against their own team?

Old
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Not that he's a bum, but that he's just not suited to succeed in the NHL. SEL, sure...not the NHL though. Was he actually an All Star in the SEL? The AHL sure, but that doesn't mean squat in the big show if he can't make the next step...which he hasn't been able to do.
Dunno if the SEL even does All Stars, but he was 3rd in scoring in the entire league in 08-09.

Quote:

Joe Thornton has 6 fewer points than Omark (in 2 fewer games) and has the same +/-
Jason Spezza has 6 fewer points than Omark (in 4 fewer games) and has a worse +/-

Last edited by NAF: 10-15-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old
10-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Thorulf

Pro Tip of the Day: The ones who is sick and tired of Omark and are going to hate him no matter what - Just try to resist the feeling of hatred and don't open this thread.

Obviously many still think Linus play on some way still affects Oilers.

Omark didn't succed in Oilers under Rennys reign. Ofc a major part of that is Linus "fault". But i can tell many of you haven't studied Human Resource Management or have real life experience of leading a sports team etc.

If you either think Omark is unfit for the "NHL type of play" or just don't have the tools, you must concider one thing; The Oilers organization didn't get the max out of the asset Linus Omark. Obviously the can play hockey under other circumstances...

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
joestevens29

Quote:

If you either think Omark is unfit for the "NHL type of play" or just don't have the tools, you must concider one thing; The Oilers organization didn't get the max out of the asset Linus Omark. Obviously the can play hockey under other circumstances...
Might I ask what the max out of a 4th round draft pick? Some would suggest him playing 60 NHL games would be quite good value for a 4th rounder.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:49 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Might I ask what the max out of a 4th round draft pick? Some would suggest him playing 60 NHL games would be quite good value for a 4th rounder.
I think that's a fairly disingenuous comment. Draft position doesn't determine value of a player. If Dallas had only gotten 60 NHL games out of Jamie Benn, it would have been a huge fail by the organization, even though he was drafted 30 picks after Omark. A lotto ticket that cost you 2 dollars stops being worth 2 dollars if it's a winner (unless it's a $2 winner )

Now excuse me while I go drink to help me forget the fact we could have picked Benn instead of Omark.

Last edited by NAF: 10-15-2012 at 02:55 PM.