HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourque out for 8 to 12 weeks

Old
08-29-2012, 06:59 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
I'm sorry, but I fail to realize the difference between Bourque on the ice or off it.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:01 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
This statement makes absolutely no sense. Why on earth would any fan 'hate' a player on their team.
Because that player is a weak link between their team and success? Or maybe that player deserves to be hated for his actions on and off the ice. Plenty of reasons to warrant hate.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
According to people who actually watch hockey Ryan White is a winger. He played center in junior but was quickly removed from that role when he turned pro. He was put on the wing because he is too slow to play center in the NHL. It is funny how people on this site treat players like EA sports commodities. I guess Markov is also a center because that is where he played in Russia prior to being drafted.

As far as the hate issue is concerned, your statement clearly stated that when a employer fires an employee it constitutes hatred. This is a ridiculous statement.........while hate is a possibility in this scenario, it is far from an absolute.
Ok you completely missed my whole argument.

Yes an employer can "hate" an employee. Did I say every time someone gets fired it because the company hates him? No, I never said that. You are suggesting that just because I said I've heard employers said they hated employees that I believe that every time a person gets fired/laid off it's for that reason. I don't think most people get fired over being hated by a boss. I understand they get fired over bad performance, not getting to work on time, stealing, etc. Layoffs are for financial reasons in most cases. Did I have to clarify myself this much?

My original point was that the team was not happy with Malakov. Why should fans not be able to not like player when the team is allowed to not like players? Malakov was traded because the team didn't want him. That was my point.

You might think White is too slow but it's your opinion on the matter. It might even be the opinion of 90% of the population, but he has been playing that position for most of his playing career and there is nothing wrong with me stating that I'd like to see him keep that position next season. Just because my opinion doesn't agree with most doesn't mean I wants some ludicrous player move. The ESPN/Markov comment doesn't even compare in this situation. I'm not asking a defense to play forward. I'm asking a natural center to keep playing as a center.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you but what's the point in trying to put down my argument with nonsense comparisons? Hey let's put Markov as a goalie, his save percentage is 1.0000!!!

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
The amount of hate this guy gets for playing half a season on a last place team under a lame-duck coach is ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Seriously are you surprised as Andy said ? We have the WORST fans in hockey, and most just pretend to be knowledgeable to sneak in hockey conversations.
While I completely agree that he's a good depth player, he was probably, after Gomez, the most underperforming player on the team last season. A lot of players on the team were bad, granted, but his production was very far from what it usually is, and when he's not producing, he's not doing much else. I think he deserves some of the blame he's getting.

He did play some decent PK minutes for us though, and I'll agree that half a season under coach RC isn't a good sample at all. I was looking forward to his debut this season, thinking he was going to do much better. Sadly, that will have to wait until November.

With all that said, while I'm not glad he's got injured, I'm thinking this could give a guy like Leblanc, Gallagher or Palushaj to step up and prove they belong in the NHL. They were going to get called up eventually, and I'd rather have them start the season in the AHL and get a call-up later in the season, but in the end, I think all three could use some NHL ice time.

Hopefully, Bourque has a quick and painless recovery and gets back with the team in great shape, playing the best hockey of his career.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Its a loss. While we didn't see much good from bourque, Ive seen him play much better than what he showed. I sincerely believe it's a motivation issue with him and I was hoping that MT was the guy to light a fire under his ass. But missing training camp is almost never a good sign of things to come. Too bad

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

Not a big loss if you ask me.. So ts LL spot to lose..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The hate for this player is understandable. There were expectations for Bourque. Mainly because he was filling a spot we needed, and he's a type of body we don't have a lot. He succeeded in failing in all accounts. Scoring wise, body wise etc.

While some wanted to get rid of Cammy, most don't see as equal value what we got in return. Then, you have the idea that while Calgary do make mistakes, why would they want to get rid of such a "perfect" player as far as size and goal scoring abilities are concerned. Add the number of years though the salary could be okay, and you have tons of reasons to hate the player.....or at least hate what he's given you for the time he was here.

Now, can he rebound? Actually, we have no idea. Don't know how he'll be with Therrien's system, don't know how he'll do with his linemates etc. Problem is that in Montreal, we have less success stories of a trade going at our advantage than the contrary.....Bourque will then have to prove himself so he'd move from being "hated".

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
Ok you completely missed my whole argument.

Yes an employer can "hate" an employee. Did I say every time someone gets fired it because the company hates him? No, I never said that. You are suggesting that just because I said I've heard employers said they hated employees that I believe that every time a person gets fired/laid off it's for that reason. I don't think most people get fired over being hated by a boss. I understand they get fired over bad performance, not getting to work on time, stealing, etc. Layoffs are for financial reasons in most cases. Did I have to clarify myself this much?

My original point was that the team was not happy with Malakov. Why should fans not be able to not like player when the team is allowed to not like players? Malakov was traded because the team didn't want him. That was my point.

You might think White is too slow but it's your opinion on the matter. It might even be the opinion of 90% of the population, but he has been playing that position for most of his playing career and there is nothing wrong with me stating that I'd like to see him keep that position next season. Just because my opinion doesn't agree with most doesn't mean I wants some ludicrous player move. The ESPN/Markov comment doesn't even compare in this situation. I'm not asking a defense to play forward. I'm asking a natural center to keep playing as a center.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you but what's the point in trying to put down my argument with nonsense comparisons? Hey let's put Markov as a goalie, his save percentage is 1.0000!!!
The problem seems to be that you are unable to make a clear arguement. In your original post you stated:

"But again, "hate" does not mean burning him at the stake. It just means they don't want them being part of the team".

You are CLEARLY stating that the firing of an employee is the equivalent of hating an employee.

As for Ryan White playing center for his whole career which part of his professional career that I pointed out did you miss. If you are looking for people who agree with me......perhaps you should start with the Hamilton Bull Dogs and Montreal Canadiens coaching staff. I suppose TSN is more of an authority on the subject than my sources

Last edited by Estimated_Prophet: 08-29-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
imisssaku
@imisssaku

Something I haven't seen anyone propose is slotting Eller on the LW with either Leblanc or Galchenyuk playing at the 3rd line spot.

Leblanc more likely than Galchenyuk. Leblanc is a hard worker and I believe a natural center. He could conceivably center a 2rd line of Moen, himself and Palushaj/Armstrong/Gallagher (as a long shot.)

Eller also played wing at the WC's, so he has some familiarity at that position. He has high-end skill and made better use of his big frame as the season went on. Also has a decent shot. A line with Plekanec and Gionta sounds great.

Hell if MAB doesn't like AK and is looking for options, Dominic Moore is still out there. Can play 3rd line center role with ease. Let the top 6 wingers rotate and figure out who works and he can flank the bottom lines. If that doesn't work out we can nab a 2nd at the deadline.

imisssaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Jerky

According to the NHL's latest proposal, the salary CAP would be reduced to $58 million this year. So assuming PK gets $4 million, we'd be close to $68, meaning we'd have to ship out Gomez and probably Kaberle to fit.

So that would leave Leblanc as Bourque's replacement on the 2nd line.

MaxPac - DD - Cole
Leblanc - Pleks - Gio
Moen - Eller - Arm
Prust - Noke - White
Palushaj

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Bouillon
Weber

Price
Budaj

Jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'm a little disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing if Bourque had it in him to prove us all wrong and be a stable, 2nd line winger over the course of an entire season. It's really too bad to see him go down to an injury while working his butt off during the off-season.

If Gomez is given a last chance...

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Moen-Leblanc-Prust
White-Gomez-Armstrong
Nokelainen

If Therrien has Martin-itis, you could swap Eller and Moen and switch Moen to centre, and put Leblanc on the wing. Either way... yikes.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The hate for this player is understandable. There were expectations for Bourque. Mainly because he was filling a spot we needed, and he's a type of body we don't have a lot. He succeeded in failing in all accounts. Scoring wise, body wise etc. While some wanted to get rid of Cammy, most don't see as equal value what we got in return. Then, you have the idea that while Calgary do make mistakes, why would they want to get rid of such a "perfect" player as far as size and goal scoring abilities are concerned. Add the number of years though the salary could be okay, and you have tons of reasons to hate the player.....or at least hate what he's given you for the time he was here. Now, can he rebound? Actually, we have no idea. Don't know how he'll be with Therrien's system, don't know how he'll do with his linemates etc. Problem is that in Montreal, we have less success stories of a trade going at our advantage than the contrary.....Bourque will then have to prove himself so he'd move from being "hated".
The Flames were familiar with Cammalleri's scoring ability when they didn't sign him as a UFA. However, by midseaason they were desperate for scoring and hoped he could reignite a spark with Iginla. So what about Bourque? They must have soured on him by the time he was packaged with a second round pick and a prospect. By the time of thr trade I had soured on Cammalleri, likenng him to the green luna moth in Lunesta commercils. That creature fluttered around the Bell Centrre without making much contact. It's unfortunate that Bourque duidn't endear himself to Habs fans.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 08-29-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2012, 11:19 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post
According to the NHL's latest proposal, the salary CAP would be reduced to $58 million this year. So assuming PK gets $4 million, we'd be close to $68, meaning we'd have to ship out Gomez and probably Kaberle to fit.

MaxPac - DD - Cole
Leblanc - Pleks - Gio
Moen - Eller - Arm
Prust - Noke - White
Palushaj

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Bouillon
Weber

Price
Budaj
Actually, from what I've read the new CBA would include a provision where contracts signed in the previous CBA would have their cap hits reduced in accordance with the total salary cap reduction. If something like that made its way to into the new CBA it would be an asset to teams that were close to the cap ceiling right now, and would be particularly forgiving to those who had signed bigger longer contracts. Makes me really wish they'd sign PK in a hurry before the current CBA expires.

EDIT: Excuse me, I was wrong. There would be NO rollback, haha wow I can't believe it.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:08 AM
kassian

That fits Gallagher into the line-up as a third, second-line winger.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:14 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
That fits Gallagher into the line-up as a third, second-line winger.
I think its going to be Leblanc unless Gallagher shows he's greatly superior. Leblanc is a bit more seasoned and probably more NHL ready as a result. The team will also want to win to start the season well instead of trying out prospects so they will pick the more seasoned replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind
Actually, from what I've read the new CBA would include a provision where contracts signed in the previous CBA would have their cap hits reduced in accordance with the total salary cap reduction. If something like that made its way to into the new CBA it would be an asset to teams that were close to the cap ceiling right now, and would be particularly forgiving to those who had signed bigger longer contracts. Makes me really wish they'd sign PK in a hurry before the current CBA expires.
Hopefully there are amnesty buyouts.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:21 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Best time for it, as it seriously looks like hockey won't be geting started on time this season, if at all.

I think Bourque has been demonized enough. Deserved, to a degree, but not to the degree he gets it on this board.

Get well soon Rene, and I think you'll be back before the season begins.
At least it shows he's been training hard.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:23 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I think its going to be Leblanc unless Gallagher shows he's greatly superior. Leblanc is a bit more seasoned and probably more NHL ready as a result.
Agree.A great opportunity for Leblanc with second line minutes.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:48 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
people have got to stop inserting white as center, it pisses me off to no end

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
But, but, but TSN says that he is a center......

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:11 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
He played centre in junior, the AHL and even a couple games at the end of last year in the NHL.. he's probably more effective as a winger but he'd probably be able to centre our 4th line.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Wouldn't you want to see a what a Moen-White-Prust line could do?

I'm really surprises that in this whole thread I'm the only one that mentionned Geoffrion as a potential replacement on the 2nd line. He's the only natural LW in the system with a Bourque type body.

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 07:29 AM
axman88

Time to sign A. Kostitsyn for 1 year

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:08 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Wouldn't you want to see a what a Moen-White-Prust line could do?

I'm really surprises that in this whole thread I'm the only one that mentionned Geoffrion as a potential replacement on the 2nd line. He's the only natural LW in the system with a Bourque type body.
I see Armstrong on the 2nd line now, with Geoffrion taking Armstrong's spot in the bottom-6.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:12 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Meh, the way things are going does not sound like he will miss anything anyways. I'd like to see him come back and score 25 and pick up 45-50 pts but his laziness worries me and gives me the feeling he will never get back to those levels. Only way I see it happening is if he ends up with two good, hardworking linesmates and do most of the work and he just pops them in.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 08:21 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky View Post

MaxPac - DD - Cole
Leblanc - Pleks - Gio
Moen - Eller - Arm
Prust - Noke - White
Palushaj

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Diaz - Bouillon
Weber

Price
Budaj
This line up will get us the exact same finish as last year...out of the playoffs.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote