HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why the Rangers’ Chris Kreider Will Win the Calder Trophy (THW)

Old
08-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
**** all ppl, speculations. 30/40/70 calder

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 11:54 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Lol at Dwight King being better in the playoffs then Kreider.

It's not even a competition, Kreider actually took over shifts, while King had a few timely goals and solid shifts.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

It's not even a competition, Kreider actually took over shifts, while King had a few timely goals and solid shifts.
Not playoffs, but overall season. In hindsight, yes, Kreider did look better in the playoffs. But I wouldn't laugh at that Kings fan who would take Dwight King over Kreider for that playoff run. King had a very impressive season and was a key contributor for LA turning around their season. 42 pt pace on 3rd line while adding a scoring threat with size, physicality and toughness. Not to mention his versatility of playing center and wing. He is a player every team in the league would love to add. He was simply more proven at the time.

Last edited by Kershaw: 09-01-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post

this is why people think he's overrated. :\ there's definitely competition between the two.

both guys had HUGE goals for their teams. kreider saving us from elimination and carrying the team on his back the first 20 games of his NHL career, and king breaking ties left and right giving his team momentum shifts and winning games.

kreider took the penalty for interference on anderson, had that giveaway directly to ovechkin, and got an absolutely huge break on that missed high sticking in his debut game(the same play that we got a PP and eventually a PPG from if i'm not mistaken). also drew that penalty for the phantom trip though.

king's hit on pietrangelo was a huge impact in the st.louis series. if that was a 5m major like it should have been the series could've had an entirely different outcome.

kreider may have taken more charge during some shifts, but he also made more mistakes than king that lead to goals against-- generally due to his defensive coverage(not 100% him for all >9 goals against while he was on the ice of course).

once again, i agree kreider will be significantly better in the long run, i still feel king was the better of the two in the playoffs(though not by tooooo much) due to his experience(played like 30 NHL games prior and was in the AHL for a good chunk of time). gotta give credit where it's due though. king was ARGUABLY (not definitive) the better of the two during the playoffs (as of course is expected with his significant difference in experience)

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 12:36 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Flyers fan stopping by to say Kreider will be a force. I see so much of Patrick Marleau in him with his speed, shot, and size. I could easily see him being a more high profile Marleau because of the opportunity he will get in NYR.

I think Kreider is the safest pick for the Calder considering his age and experience. The only thing in his way will be the depth in front of him, although I personally dont think that will be an issue especially with Gaborik out to start-- he should have every opportunity to prove himself at the start of the season. Yakupov should get more ice time, and thus more points, but I think Kreider's dominant presence on the ice will not be lost on Calder voters.

Being totally honest, I am jealous of how well built your team is. First class forward depth, defensive depth, and the best goaltender in the league. On paper, you guys have it all. Lots to look forward for you guys.
that's nice of you to say, particularly about a huge rival. i think it points to the attraction of a (mainly) home-grown roster of players who play the game right. even fans of opposing teams can see the rangers are a respectable team. i have said it a few times, but as life has gotten more complex, i drifted away from paying attention to the rangers. they were just a bunch of hired guns who didn't play with passion or very well. this recent group has sparked my interest again. i know there are a few imports on the roster and all that, but, for whatever reason, this team has charm.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote