HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Your opinion on this Keeper team

Old
09-05-2012, 06:04 PM
iPwn

vCash: 500
Your opinion on this Keeper team

Hey HF,

What's your opinion on this head-to-head 16 team keeper team? I have an opportunity to take this team over with this year's fee waived. Would you take it or not? What would you do to the team moving forward? The team has placed in the bottom half for 3 years.

I realize that the D and G need retooling - do you guys believe it can be turned around?

Antropov
Berglund
Brassard
Cammalleri
Cole
Eberle
Gionta
Horcoff
R. Jones
Landeskog
Richards
H. Sedin
Smyth
Vermette

MA Bergeron
Brewer
Hamhuis
Leddy
Nikitin
Niskanen
Potter
Robidas
Souray

B. Johnson
Khabibulin
Varlamov

iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
iPwn

bump

Old
09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

vCash: 50
Do you have a prospect pool?

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
iPwn

No prospect pool

Old
09-06-2012, 12:35 AM
EvoLu7ioN

I think that team has some potential, but it would definitely need a full rebuild. Which is always sort of fun to do as well, especially since your entry fee is waived!

Build around and keep the following guys:
- Berglund
- Brassard
- Eberle
- Landeskog
- Leddy
- Nikitin
- Varlamov

Then I'd try and bring in blue chip guys like Huberdeau, Tarasenko, Markstrom etc. by trading the prime time/older guys you have now like H Sedin and Mike Richards.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 04:18 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

The team is obviously in rough shape, but with the entry fee waived, you have one whole year to reshape your team, and if you have active owners, it'll be a tough task to accomplish but it can be done.

Rebuilding the team without cost, should be a fun task, and you have some very good pieces to move around, that should be shopped. In a league without a prospect pool, there should also be some good name prospects available to pick up once you trade off some of your bigger name players.

It can be turned around, it'll take time and hard work, but if it all comes together, it'll be more than worth it.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
iPwn

Thanks to the two above for the helpful feedback.

Any tips on who you would drop to make space for this years draft?

I feel that henrik and Richards are getting up in age so it would be fun to retool the whole team but it will come with lots of ups and downs with the unpredictability of young prospects.

It's great that I have players like listed by Evolution but at the same time where pims, and plus minus are part of the game I will probably taking a hit with the horrid teams they play on.

Old
09-06-2012, 12:20 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
Thanks to the two above for the helpful feedback.

Any tips on who you would drop to make space for this years draft?

I feel that henrik and Richards are getting up in age so it would be fun to retool the whole team but it will come with lots of ups and downs with the unpredictability of young prospects/players.

It's great that I have players like listed by Evolution but at the same time where pims, and plus minus are part of the game I will probably taking a hit with the horrid teams they play on.
But, by the time you're ready to compete in a few years, Columbus, Colorado, and Edmonton will all be flying high. That's the trick to rebuilding; anybody can spot and try to acquire guys like Sequin, Kreider, Skinner, Dougie Hamilton etc. because they play on a strong current team, but because of that those guys come with big price tags.

Lots of the time you can steal blue chip prospects on teams that are rebuilding, and who are undervalued now but will become better as their team rebuilds.

IE, Ryan Johansen, Ryan Murray, Ryan Ellis, Hampus Lindholm, Peter Holland, Nathan Bealeau, Ale Galchenyuk, Derek Brassard, Jonathan Huberdeau, any of the oilers prospects, Kunetsov (because he's 2 years away).

And just another thing I've noticed in fantasy hockey; In the offseason/around the draft the value of prospects and young guns is really high, but midway trhough the season the vlaue of prospects is a lot lower. So even if none of the guys above are available now, be patient, hold on to Hank Sedin and M Rciahrds until the deadline if nobody is willing to pay up now, and watch all the guys competing for 1st line up and start a bidding war.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
iPwn

Great help evolution I should hire you on as my personal GM haha.

And just to fix the error i made earlier it's actually Brad Richards not Mike, not that it makes a complete difference.