HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

rate my dynasty keeper league team +

Old
08-25-2012, 01:07 PM
johnnyliner

vCash: 500
rate my dynasty keeper league team +

+ give me details on where to improve...

Here are the stats used in the 12 team league
GP, G, A, Pt, +/-, PIM, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FOW, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

25 player rosters with an additional 10 prospects (less than 82 NHL games played)

every night we can play 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 4 D, 2 G + 2 other forwards...

Here is my team...

C-RW - Claude Giroux
C - Jordan Staal
C - Nicklas Backstrom
C-RW - Tyler Seguin
C - Ryan Kesler
C-RW - Ryan Johansen (67)

LW-RW - James Neal
C-LW - Jamie Benn
LW - Bobby Ryan
LW - Matt Martin
LW-RW - Loui Eriksson
LW - Gabriel Landeskog

C-RW - David Backes
RW - Jacob Voracek
RW-LW - Steve Downie
RW - Zack Kassian (44)

D - Erik Karlsson
D - Oliver Ekman-Larsson
D - James Wisniewski
D - Shea Weber
D - Brendan Smith

G - Henrik Lundqvist
G - Semyon Varlamov
G - Sergei Bobrovski
G - Anders Lindback

FARM TEAM

1-C - Emerson Etem
2-C - Mika Zibanejad (9)
3-G - Andrei Vasilevskiy
4-RW - Nino Neiderreiter(64)
5-D - Joe Morrow
6-D - Ryan Murphy
7-G - Jacob Markstrom
8-D - Dougie Hamilton
9-D - Morgan Rielly
10-C - Sven Baertschi

johnnyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 06:11 PM
johnnyliner

should I trade some talented players for a better G lineup?

Old
08-25-2012, 07:15 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyliner View Post
should I trade some talented players for a better G lineup?
I guess. Your team is extremely solid, probably a solid favourite to win (not knowing the other teams in your league)

Your only weak area would be goaltending and even that is quite good with Lundqvist.

PierreMcGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 07:24 PM
johnnyliner

did do a considerable amount of trades over the offseason... but failed to finish higher than 6 place for 3 straight years... either just miss the playoffs (top 6) or exit in the first round... thanks... looking for better G and potentially a rock of a D... high pim, hits and blocks would be a dream...

Old
08-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Cappy
belgians do it best

this team is stacked imo, too much tinkering can sometimes be a bad thing, i'd be very confident w/ this group heading into the lockout...err...season...

Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 12:56 PM
johnnyliner

praying...

that it is not a lockout!

Old
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Greasy Sliders

Quote:
that it is not a lockout!
What pool/website do you use ?

Greasy Sliders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
johnnyliner

fantrax in this particular pool

Old
08-27-2012, 04:32 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
did do a considerable amount of trades over the offseason... but failed to finish higher than 6 place for 3 straight years... either just miss the playoffs (top 6) or exit in the first round... thanks... looking for better G and potentially a rock of a D... high pim, hits and blocks would be a dream...
Looking into getting another stud goalie is defiantly your best option as to improve your team. But even as is you have what should be four starting goalies. I'd look for an upgrade in net but I would look to pay little to get one, and with your slew of low end starting goalies you can afford to not overpay for a good number two goalie.

I really like your team, so whatever trades you have made over the offseason must have really worked out for you. At this point if you can't get a good offer, your best at standing pat.

Old
08-27-2012, 03:34 PM
johnnyliner

I agree... I have receiving a high volume of trade offers lately, but have had to turn them all down... they are not helping me any, and quite often I would be giving too much for only a small upgrade... nobody seems to want to deal they G`s, so would need to be paying a big price for a good goalie... for example, I was told that I would have to give up a Claude Giroux just to start the ball rolling for a guys like Cam Ward...

Old
08-27-2012, 05:23 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
I agree... I have receiving a high volume of trade offers lately, but have had to turn them all down... they are not helping me any, and quite often I would be giving too much for only a small upgrade... nobody seems to want to deal they G`s, so would need to be paying a big price for a good goalie... for example, I was told that I would have to give up a Claude Giroux just to start the ball rolling for a guys like Cam Ward...
I wouldn't touch a deal trading Giroux+ for a goalie, hard to believe people are asking for that to start trade talks, good for you on not biting.

Again you have Lundqvist and because of that it makes you solid in goal. In a 12 team league with Lundqvist as your top guy, Varlamov becomes a more than serviceable number two goalie. Lindback is a solid number three goalie, and Bob as your number four goalie adds to the group in a positive manner.

Old
08-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Cappy
belgians do it best

i understand where the other team is coming from asking for giroux, of course you'd be crazy to give that to him, but if you can talk someone down to j staal and get a goalie that is undervalued like bryz or lehtonen, i'd make that deal in a heartbeat

Last edited by Cappy: 08-27-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: assuming actual salaries don't count
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 12:24 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 400
You have the talent up front to make a move to improve your netminders. If you could package a netminder with another player to improve in goal I would do it.

Markstrom would probably garner some good value in return and you have a team that could win it all this year. A bit of a gamble moving him not knowing how good he is going to be though. But that same theory also inflates his value to other GM's, especially rebuilding ones.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2012, 03:46 PM
johnnyliner

all great info guys, thanks a lot! I have Markstrom in a quite a few talks... mainly vs Clowe... what do you think of that deal for me? I could also try and give Markstrom + a forward in return for a guy like Cam Ward or a Howard... just wondering what it would take...

Old
08-28-2012, 04:14 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
all great info guys, thanks a lot! I have Markstrom in a quite a few talks... mainly vs Clowe... what do you think of that deal for me? I could also try and give Markstrom + a forward in return for a guy like Cam Ward or a Howard... just wondering what it would take...
I wouldn't move Markstrom for Clowe, it wouldn't be netting you equal or greater value than what Markstrom could fetch in a different trade.

Though if you can move Markstrom+ for Ward or Howard it's a move you have to jump on. Losing Markstrom won't be a big lose, Ward and Howard still have a lot of years left, and the core of your team still has lots of mileage, you acquire Ward for a Markstrom package and I don't see how your not the favourite to win your pool this year and the years that follow.

Old
09-02-2012, 09:04 AM
johnnyliner

probably didn't help my situation out short term ,. just traded Bobrovski vs J. Bernier... at least I have solid prospects in Bernier and Markstrom now...

Old
09-06-2012, 04:21 AM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
probably didn't help my situation out short term ,. just traded Bobrovski vs J. Bernier... at least I have solid prospects in Bernier and Markstrom now...
I like the trade a lot for you, and even if Bernier remains stuck behind Quick for another year; and need immediate help, you could likely trade Bernier for a better return, than what you gave up to acquire him, and if you don't Bernier holds much greater future value ATM.