HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v21: Kyle Lowry for Prime Minister

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Sforza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Breaking down the inability of Colangelo to find a small forward for the Raptors.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=409091
Just pray we can dump him to the Magic, Warriors or Wizards, the only franchises who are stupid enough to take the bait...

Old
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
I think we have a chance to make the playoffs. There are a lot of weak teams in the East. We should pick up our fair share of wins against the Wizards, Pistons, Bobcats, Cavs and the Magic. As long as we do well against the Bucks, Celtics, and the 76'ers, we can make it.
The east IS pretty weak, but I dunno, so are we. Lowry is solid, but you're in rough shape if he's the best player on your team. DeMar is athletic and has a fairly good midrange game, but his handle, passing and outside j are pretty weak for a SG. At SF we have a giant hole. Bargs has a great perimeter game for a PF, but can't defend or rebound, two of the most important facets of a big man's game. Val has a promising future, but is just a rookie, won't have a big impact this year. Our bench is decent, but nothing special, Amir is our best bench player. I dunno, in terms of our starting 5 I see poor defence and rebounding from our bigs (mostly Bargs), and not much ball handling, outside shooting, or dynamic play from our wings. It should take around 40 wins to make the playoffs, I see the Raps as more of a 30 win team.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
I think we have a chance to make the playoffs. There are a lot of weak teams in the East. We should pick up our fair share of wins against the Wizards, Pistons, Bobcats, Cavs and the Magic. As long as we do well against the Bucks, Celtics, and the 76'ers, we can make it.
Didn't the Raptors lose TWICE to the 7 win Bobcats last year. The Raptors always seem to hang in tough with good teams and crap the bed vs bad teams.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:59 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

1k posts

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 23 GP, 9-10-4 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Closed Thread