HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Project your breakout player.

Old
08-31-2012, 01:31 AM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

vCash: 500
There's a pair of Russians in Belleville ready to bust out in Zharkov and Kuptsov. I could also see Brady Austin taking a big step forward, and a dark horse pick is second year forward Alex Carnevale.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 04:21 AM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

I can see Leivo replacing Sgarbossa

TheNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 12:18 PM
StormSurge9

For the Storm I will throw out a couple names, two 95 players Jason Dickinson and Tyler Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi grew 3-4 inches and now stands a hair over 6 feet. He also put some muscle on that frame as well.

A deep sleeper would be Patrick Watling, kid has looked like a completely different player in camp.

StormSurge9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 02:59 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 1400
I can see Corson and Anthiasiou for the colts. Both will benefit from more ice time and getting on a team they are happy to play for.

LeafsColts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:27 PM
HLLYWD99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
for the Attack... Zach Nastasiuk, motivated from being cut at the Ivan Hlinka
He was the best player in today's red/white scrimmage.

HLLYWD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
NHL Fanatic

Josh Hosang

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:05 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLLYWD99 View Post
He was the best player in today's red/white scrimmage.
Ya 5 goals in a 5-4 SO win. Owen Sound have a lot of potential this year, they might go pretty far.

I'm watching London-Sarnia game right now 3-2 London after 2 periods.
Alex Broadhurst 2 goals for London, Domi, Horvat , and goalie Kevin Bailie looking really good for London. Reid Boucher looking really good for Sarnia.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Jebuz

Quote:
Ya 5 goals in a 5-4 SO win. Owen Sound have a lot of potential this year, they might go pretty far.

I'm watching London-Sarnia game right now 3-2 London after 2 periods.
Alex Broadhurst 2 goals for London, Domi, Horvat , and goalie Kevin Bailie looking really good for London. Reid Boucher looking really good for Sarnia.
Broadhurst now with three. He really hasn't had to do much for any of the goals, just been in the right place at the right time all night.

No surprises for the Knights though, Domi and Maatta have been the best players tonight.

Jebuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 08:56 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I've liked Josh Anderson for a while.. I think he'll have a good season in London.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:01 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebuz View Post
Broadhurst now with three. He really hasn't had to do much for any of the goals, just been in the right place at the right time all night.

No surprises for the Knights though, Domi and Maatta have been the best players tonight.
Broadhurst finished with 5 points, 3G 2A, yes he was at the right place and the other guy did a lot of the work but you can tell Broadhurst is going to be a good one! Domi had to leave the game with a little over 8 minutes left. I hope he's ok. Leg buckled underneath him when he fell from a hit... says the announcer. Horvat had a really strong third, cant remember off the top of my head, but he got a few points tonight including goals. (8-2 final)

Old
08-31-2012, 09:18 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Broadhurst finished with 5 points, 3G 2A, yes he was at the right place and the other guy did a lot of the work but you can tell Broadhurst is going to be a good one! Domi had to leave the game with a little over 8 minutes left. I hope he's ok. Leg buckled underneath him when he fell from a hit... says the announcer. Horvat had a really strong third, cant remember off the top of my head, but he got a few points tonight including goals. (8-2 final)
Sometimes guys get lucky and happen to get a lucky bounce but doing that consistently equals good game sense.

JSavoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2012, 09:31 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Sometimes guys get lucky and happen to get a lucky bounce but doing that consistently equals good game sense.
don't forget this guy is 19 years old, and saw it, maybe lucky bounces, but knowing where to go at the right time is also important. His 5 points were by no mean fluky, but he may had an easy team because Sarnia looked really bad tonight as the game progressed. They played awesome for the first 10 minutes and that's it.

another note on the game:
Once again I saw Ryan Rupert with a dirty play. I'm really starting not to like his style of play. He's going to hurt somebody sooner or later. He hit a player from behind against the board and the trainer had to come out. A Sarnia team mate went for Rupert and it almost started a brawl (this is all happening at the Sarnia bench). I though I was watching 2 teams fighting for a final playoff spot, not the very first exhibition of the year. I'm just shaking my head... London is up all kinds of goals, it's just an exhibition game, and Rupert does this... not a good sign!

Old
09-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Stevie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
Davis Brown and Daniel Nikandrov for the Sting
Those players saw limitted to no ice last year. I still consider them rookies they were just call up's last year so I wouldn't say they would have a "break out" year.

If I am picking break out players for Sarnia it is going to be Latta or DeAngelo. DeAngelo showed what he can do last year but I really think is offensive upside is huge and he could show that more this year and put up bigger numbers. Latta hasn't really preformed poing wise the last 2 years but I think that he is capable of more but it all depends how JB uses him and if he instills some confidence in him. I also just feel like Justice Dundas is going to put up some points this year so I would include him in the mix.

Stevie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 08:18 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

London: Bo Horvat, Josh Anderson

Quote:

another note on the game:
Once again I saw Ryan Rupert with a dirty play. I'm really starting not to like his style of play. He's going to hurt somebody sooner or later. He hit a player from behind against the board and the trainer had to come out. A Sarnia team mate went for Rupert and it almost started a brawl (this is all happening at the Sarnia bench). I though I was watching 2 teams fighting for a final playoff spot, not the very first exhibition of the year. I'm just shaking my head... London is up all kinds of goals, it's just an exhibition game, and Rupert does this... not a good sign!
Rupert is a pound of flesh player..they both are. Those who don't know that by now are either very slow learners..or just plain stupid(not meaning you). Hottot found the need to crosscheck Domi behind the net repeatedly. Domi is now shelved with a sprained ankle as a result. Run one of our players..one of yours is getting it back. It's not an act most condone..but with the Rupert's..it's pretty much a given it's gonna happen.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 09:18 AM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Those who don't know that by now are either very slow learners..or just plain stupid(not meaning you).
or are not exposed to the London knights that much...

Old
09-01-2012, 09:39 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
or are not exposed to the London knights that much...
If Hottot answers the bell against Nevins after injuring Domi with a brutal play...none of it happens.

Back to projected breakout players.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2012, 10:37 AM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie04 View Post
Those players saw limitted to no ice last year. I still consider them rookies they were just call up's last year so I wouldn't say they would have a "break out" year.

If I am picking break out players for Sarnia it is going to be Latta or DeAngelo. DeAngelo showed what he can do last year but I really think is offensive upside is huge and he could show that more this year and put up bigger numbers. Latta hasn't really preformed poing wise the last 2 years but I think that he is capable of more but it all depends how JB uses him and if he instills some confidence in him. I also just feel like Justice Dundas is going to put up some points this year so I would include him in the mix.
Whether you consider them rookies or not, Davis Brown looks like he may very well have a great season, he looked great in camp...the big question is, will his skills come through at this level, I think so...but who knows. As for Nikandrov, would love to see him have a great year, seen him playing in Jr B, has great hand eye, skates well and has good hockey sense...not sure I would say breakout though.

Latta...I doubt we see much out of Latta other than what we have seen in previous seasons.

DeAngelo will be great this year, if camp is an indication his play has greatly improved, which is good for Sting fans, as he was good last year...I would expect Boucher to really "break out" this year though, also Sarault...between these two and Galchenyuk, the Sting will lean on these guys to put up points.

the4thHansonbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Carter Verhaeghe of the Niagara Ice Dogs looks poised to have a big year. I was always impressed of how he earned minutes on that powerhouse team last year.

Pre-season is showing that his shot is much deadlier, his playmaking greatly improved, and he has a solid defensive presence. Never gives up on the play. IMO by draft time he will be talked about as one of the top (no way he'll be THE top) 2-way centers of the draft.

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 04:18 AM
AcrossThePond

One player I'll definitely be keeping tabs on next season is Kingston's Ryan Kujawinski.

AcrossThePond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
battfan888

For Brampton I think either Brandon Robinson or Patrik Machac have the tools to be big time scorers.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 11:38 AM
clearwater

Saginaw's Nick Moutrey #91 big power forward centreman/winger 6'3 210 Lb with a lot of skill and character.

clearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 05:57 PM
tolmie79

I think if Tanner comes back to the colts then he will break out again.If not look out for mark Shiffelie to have a good season

tolmie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2012, 08:19 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolmie79 View Post
I think if Tanner comes back to the colts then he will break out again.
He already broke out last year, it would not be a surprise for him to lead the league in scoring if he does come back.

OHLFan8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 11:42 PM
mapleleaf979

Tyler Biggs and Josh Leivo .
Bo Horvat, Nick Ritchie, Darnell Nurse.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2012, 08:41 AM
memcup99

67s

Super sleeper homer pick is Brett Gustavsen. Appears as though his heart has overcome size and he's ear-marked to start the season on the 1st line with Monahan. 30/30 is not out of the question.

Also loved Tyler Graovac's playoffs last year. If he can stay healthy this year he should have solid #'s.

memcup99 is offline   Reply With Quote