HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs-preds!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-30-2012, 12:21 PM
  #1
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Habs-preds!!

TO HABS:
Ryan Ellis
Colin Wilson



TO PREDS:
Thomas Plakanec
Josh Gorges
3rd 2014

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:24 PM
  #2
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
TO HABS:
Ryan Ellis
Colin Wilson



TO PREDS:
Thomas Plakanec
Josh Gorges
3rd 2014
Not sure if serious.

No way we do this.

Id do Wilson + for Plekanec

Gorges >>>>> Ellis

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:26 PM
  #3
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
No, that's silly.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:29 PM
  #4
Pepin le bref
Registered User
 
Pepin le bref's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NDG/CDN Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
No chance Habs consider this.

The jury is still out on Wilson while Plekanec is the Habs more complete forward. I don't know why Wilson was a healthy scratch during the playoffs but it's definately a red flag right there.

Ellis is the opposite of what Habs need on the blueline. They need size more than puck moving!!!

Habs are not in a rebuild mode. Making this trade would make them a lock for a top-10 pick, a possibly a top-5 in this upcoming draft.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
  #5
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,701
vCash: 500
Well, at least he got the teams right this time.

Hivemind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
  #6
2011 Stanley cup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Big NO from the Preds.

2011 Stanley cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:41 PM
  #7
Maitz
Chucky#27
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
No thanks from a Habs perspective, Ellis will be a good PMD with Nashville but doesn't fit the bill with what Montreal needs. As for Wilson I'm just not sold on him, was pretty high on him before thought.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
  #8
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,508
vCash: 150
Pretty bad for the Habs IMO.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
  #9
The Puck
Registered User
 
The Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post

Gorges >>>>> Ellis
Ellis was the best player in the CHL in 2011. Not just the best defenseman - the best player. Out of all the prospects in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL, Ellis was considered better than ALL of them.

But Gorges is worth MUCH more than that? C'mon.

The Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:00 PM
  #10
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Not sure if serious.

No way we do this.

Id do Wilson + for Plekanec

Gorges >>>>> Ellis
Pretty much this. I'm not a fan of Ellis and don't really want him.

On the Preds side, I could see Plekanec fitting in really well with Erat.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
  #11
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Dog View Post
Ellis was the best player in the CHL in 2011. Not just the best defenseman - the best player. Out of all the prospects in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL, Ellis was considered better than ALL of them.

But Gorges is worth MUCH more than that? C'mon.
Corey Locke was once the best player in the CHL too lol but in all serious Gorges is the better player now if you disagree your delusional. Ellis has the potential to be a much better player though.

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:23 PM
  #12
RA9
Registered User
 
RA9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
I think Ellis is overrated.

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:25 PM
  #13
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt the Dog View Post
Ellis was the best player in the CHL in 2011. Not just the best defenseman - the best player. Out of all the prospects in the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL, Ellis was considered better than ALL of them.
How did winning the CHL Player of the Year award work out for Justin Azvedo, Corey Locke, and Simon Gamanche? Winning that award is not a huge indicator of future NHL success.

Hivemind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:30 PM
  #14
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Until Ellis has an incredibly disappointing year Nashville isn't going to move him unless they're getting an INCREDIBLE deal. Something that blows their socks off.

Replace Ellis with Blum and a 2nd and the value is much closer.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:37 PM
  #15
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Corey Locke was once the best player in the CHL too lol but in all serious Gorges is the better player now if you disagree your delusional. Ellis has the potential to be a much better player though.
Yeah but this is HF where potential as way more value than what an established player does..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:41 PM
  #16
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganhunter View Post
Corey Locke was once the best player in the CHL too lol but in all serious Gorges is the better player now if you disagree your delusional. Ellis has the potential to be a much better player though.
If he gets first pairing minutes with Weber next year, lookout. Look the BLEEP out.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
  #17
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,514
vCash: 500
!!!!!!!!!!

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 01:56 PM
  #18
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,926
vCash: 500
I wouldn't do this deal for Plekanec alone.

Playmaker09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:01 PM
  #19
Spitsfan67*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Ellis was dominating since a 16your old in the Ohl People(for some reason) still waaAaaaaaaAAAAY. Undervalue this kid.....if you think he'll turn out like azavedo or Locke then your crazy because they didn't win that award till there overage years Ellis did it in his forth and he set franchise records made the world juniors as a 18 year old, Ellis is a guy that can take over a game from the back end and In time I bieleve he can at the NHL Level and Colin Wilson will be great he's young and would get a lot more opportunity on the Habs...right now this is obviously in Nashvilles Favour but in 4 years or so it will at least be an even trade if not Habs profit.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
  #20
TootooTrain
-
 
TootooTrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,828
vCash: 500
Ellis and Wilson are a part of the core. If they're dealt it will be for an elite forward, not Pleks, who's more of a complementary kind of player.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:44 PM
  #21
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Ellis and Wilson are a part of the core. If they're dealt it will be for an elite forward, not Pleks, who's more of a complementary kind of player.
Please give us some names of elite forwards who you think Ellis and Wilson could fetch in a trade.

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 02:51 PM
  #22
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Until Ellis has an incredibly disappointing year Nashville isn't going to move him unless they're getting an INCREDIBLE deal. Something that blows their socks off.

Replace Ellis with Blum and a 2nd and the value is much closer.
Or just leave Ellis and Gorges out of the deal, as it looks like the Habs don't want Ellis and the Preds would rather keep Ellis than have Gorges.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 03:01 PM
  #23
Filip Forceberg
Registered User
 
Filip Forceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
How did winning the CHL Player of the Year award work out for Justin Azvedo, Corey Locke, and Simon Gamanche? Winning that award is not a huge indicator of future NHL success.
And how did it work out for Sidney Crosby, Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic, Dale Hawerchuk, Luc Robitaille, Eric Lindros, Brad Richards, Brian Campbell, John Tavares, and Jordan Eberle?

Filip Forceberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 03:02 PM
  #24
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!
 
veganhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,310
vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If he gets first pairing minutes with Weber next year, lookout. Look the BLEEP out.
Maybe, Maybe not we will see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Ellis was dominating since a 16your old in the Ohl People(for some reason) still waaAaaaaaaAAAAY. Undervalue this kid.....if you think he'll turn out like azavedo or Locke then your crazy because they didn't win that award till there overage years Ellis did it in his forth and he set franchise records made the world juniors as a 18 year old, Ellis is a guy that can take over a game from the back end and In time I bieleve he can at the NHL Level and Colin Wilson will be great he's young and would get a lot more opportunity on the Habs...right now this is obviously in Nashvilles Favour but in 4 years or so it will at least be an even trade if not Habs profit.
I don't think anyone was saying Ellis is going to turn out like any of those guys but more so saying that winning CHL player of the year is not the best indicator of future NHL success.


Last edited by veganhunter: 08-30-2012 at 03:09 PM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
  #25
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
And how did it work out for Sidney Crosby, Mario Lemieux, Joe Sakic, Dale Hawerchuk, Luc Robitaille, Eric Lindros, Brad Richards, Brian Campbell, John Tavares, and Jordan Eberle?


Did I say it was an indicator that he wouldn't succeed in the NHL? No, I simply said it wasn't a good indicator of success. There are plenty who did succeed in the NHL, and there are plenty who didn't. It's not a good barometer either way.

In the 30 year time span that you used to come up with those names (1981-2010), these players also won the award:
Dave Simpson
Dan Hodgson
Bryan Fogerty
Charles Poulin
Pat Peake*
David Ling
Christian Dube
Sergei Varlamov
Simon Gamache
Corey Locke
Justin Azvedo

None of them ever became career NHLers. That's more than one third of the 29 recipients** during that span. The reality is that there's about equal odds that a CHL Player of the Year ends up in the minors or Europe as he becomes a perennial all-star.



*Peake's career was derailed by injuries.
**Crosby won the award twice, meaning only 29 different players won the award in those 30 years

Hivemind is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.