HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

MMA General News and Discussion Pt. Deux (Lesnar rumors)

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
MMA General News and Discussion Pt. Deux (Lesnar rumors)

Continue.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
09-04-2012, 11:24 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Jon Jones: "Chael Sonnen is a rat & racist"

Old
09-04-2012, 06:01 PM
DeathFromAbove

Jones is nuts. He's in serious need of some PR help.

Old
09-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Jones is nuts. He's in serious need of some PR help.
Well he wasn't lying. Chael did make racist comments and rat out the other guys involved in that real estate scandal.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:37 PM
End of Line
Human After All

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight
#Breaking: “Lyoto Machida is not next in line for a title fight. He’ll fight another fight.” - @danawhite

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight
#UFCTonight: Chris Weidman is not getting a title fight…. But it could happen. #WhoKnows - @danawhite

Old
09-04-2012, 09:53 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Well he wasn't lying. Chael did make racist comments and rat out the other guys involved in that real estate scandal.
And Jones got a DUI. He's in no position to be calling Chael out on his character and isn't going to win sympathy points from anyone.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:17 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Clips from tonight's interview from Dana White.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight
#Breaking: “Lyoto Machida is not next in line for a title fight. He’ll fight another fight.” - @danawhite

UFC Tonight ‏@UFCTonight
#UFCTonight: Chris Weidman is not getting a title fight…. But it could happen. #WhoKnows - @danawhite
Machida not getting the next crack at the title is fairly old news isn't it? I thought that was pretty much decided after he recently turned down two shots at the title? Not sure who he'll fight next, maybe Rashad again?

And Weidman has been campaigning to face the winner for Bisping/Stann as Anderson has already stated he won't be fighting again this year. Personally I'd rather see him face Belcher as I feel the winner of that fight(Belcher/Weidman) would determine the true #1 contender. But I can see the UFC doing Weidman vs Bisping/Stann and then having Belcher fight Boetsch.

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 09-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old
09-05-2012, 12:42 AM
kurt
the last emperor

vCash: 400
Glad to see even Dana White come to his senses a little bit on finger pointing regarding Jones and UFC 151.

Lesnar/Fedor? WHAT? There's no question that would be one of the biggest non-title fight main events in history, even though it is three years too late. They really missed the boat on Fedor/Couture back when Fedor was at the top of the food chain. In hindsight Fedor should have taken the offer on the table from the UFC, but he held all the cards for so long I suppose he and his handlers didn't expect that would change anytime soon. I don't see it happening at all with either guys retired, but it's interesting to hear that Dana was asking fans whether they'd still be interested in it.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:51 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Machida not getting the next crack at the title is fairly old news isn't it? I thought that was pretty much decided after he recently turned down two shots at the title? Not sure who he'll fight next, maybe Rashad again?

And Weidman has been campaigning to face the winner for Bisping/Stann as Anderson has already stated he won't be fighting again this year. Personally I'd rather see him face Belcher as I feel the winner of that fight(Belcher/Weidman) would determine the true #1 contender. But I can see the UFC doing Weidman vs Bisping/Stann and then having Belcher fight Boetsch.
Weidman walks through all those guys imo.

I would be interested in a Weidman/Bisping fight though, as Bisping has pretty good take down defense/wrestling.

Old
09-05-2012, 12:55 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 5496
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Glad to see even Dana White come to his senses a little bit on finger pointing regarding Jones and UFC 151.

Lesnar/Fedor? WHAT? There's no question that would be one of the biggest non-title fight main events in history, even though it is three years too late. They really missed the boat on Fedor/Couture back when Fedor was at the top of the food chain. In hindsight Fedor should have taken the offer on the table from the UFC, but he held all the cards for so long I suppose he and his handlers didn't expect that would change anytime soon. I don't see it happening at all with either guys retired, but it's interesting to hear that Dana was asking fans whether they'd still be interested in it.
I dont want to see Lesnar fight again. His heart isnt in it anymore. He wilts significantly and quickly when he gets punched or kicked now and Fedor is a shell of his former self. Would have been a huge fight three years ago, or before Lesnar had all the serious health issues.

I wasnt a big fan of Brock, but I would hate to see him risk his health climbing back into the octagon. He needs to take care of himself.

Old
09-05-2012, 10:40 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Old
09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Very promising card ask me.

Old
09-06-2012, 03:07 AM
BGDDYKWL

Interesting article about the science/math side of MMA.
Quote:
Producing a notepad from his back pocket, (Greg) Jackson sketched a spiderweb of circles and lines. It was a game tree, he explained—a graph game theorists use to analyze a sequence of decisions. In a traditional game tree, each circle, or node, represents the point at which a decision can be made. Each line, or edge, represents the decision itself. Game trees eventually end in a terminal node—either a tie or a win for one of the players. This game tree, Jackson told me, showed the exchange between (Jon) Jones and Jordan from Jones’s perspective.

Earlier this year, John Ruggiero and Trevor Collier, economists at the University of Dayton, and Andrew L. Johnson, an engineering professor at Texas A&M, released a study called “Aggression in Mixed Martial Arts: An Analysis of the Likelihood of Winning a Decision.” With data from FightMetric, the researchers estimated the probability of winning based on fighter characteristics like height and age. From a sample of 946 matches, they measured dozens of variables, including blows attempted versus blows landed, stand-ups, knockdowns and slams. Next they ran that data through a binary response model (a kind of algorithm) to determine which characteristics or approaches most affected a fighter’s chances.
More...

Old
09-07-2012, 09:20 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Old
09-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Peter Griffin

LOL. Hopefully the only time we'll see Tiequan Zhang featured on an event poster.

Old
09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Jon Jones To Dan Henderson: 'You Should Shut Up And Be Grateful You Dodged A Bullet'

Quote:
"I haven't said that anywhere, but you can be the first to put that out," Jones said over the phone. "There's some unfinished business, for sure. I don't think Henderson handled the situation wisely, by making fun of me for not taking the fight (against Sonnen). Dude, you just dodged a bullet and you're talking trash to me? You got injured and you're going to talk trash that I didn't fight Chael?

"He came out with this ad that said, ‘Buy a Hendo shirt and get a free Jon Jones shirt to dry your car off with.' You're making fun of me, yet you got hurt and dodged a bullet? You're sitting at home with ice on your knee and I'm here doing pushups again because I thought my camp should have been over. I have stuff to do and you're sitting around your home playing video games, or whatever you do during the day.

"You should shut up and be grateful you dodged a bullet."
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/9/7/...odged-a-bullet

Old
09-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Peter Griffin

Jon Jones needs to stop getting offended so easily. It's really quite funny how defensive he gets.

Old
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Peter Griffin

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30543/chri...-las-vegas.mma

Weidman/Boetsch set for UFC 155.

Old
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 648
Quote:
UFC 155 looks bomb, hopefully injuries don't derail this event.

Old
09-07-2012, 06:49 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Daniel Cormier wants to coach TUF vs. Jon Jones

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-vs-Jon-Jones/

Old
09-07-2012, 07:05 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Jon Jones needs to stop getting offended so easily. It's really quite funny how defensive he gets.
Don't get me wrong I don't hate the guy, and will watch every time he fights, but it is getting a little ridiculous. This guy is losing fans by the second. Gotta learn to develop some thicker skin.
Quote:
Daniel Cormier wants to coach TUF vs. Jon Jones
I absolutely love this idea. I'm definitely becoming a Cormier fan.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Jon Jones on Vitor Belfort: "I've already fought more tougher opponents than he has."

Quote:
"Me and Vitor Belfort are from different generations of fighting," the champ said in a UFC pre-fight interview. "I really believe that in my short career I've already fought a lot more tougher opponents than he has. I feel like I've had more championship caliber fights than he has. I'm ready."
http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jon...an-he-has.html

Jones really needs to shut up.

Vitor has fought the likes of:

-Anderson Silva
-Dan Henderson
-Alistair Overeem
-Tito Ortiz
-Randy Couture
-Sakuraba
-Wanderlei Silva

Old
09-07-2012, 08:29 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Sport in transition: UFC's roster of bright stars dimmed by injuries, retirement

Quote:
But as 2012 enters its homestretch, there is plenty for White to be concerned about.

His biggest draw, welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre, hasn't fought in 16 months and won't be in the cage again until November. Nobody knows if he'll ever be the same as he was before his knee injury.

White's next biggest attraction, middleweight champion Anderson Silva, is 37 and has already been making noises about retirement.

And his emerging superstar, light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, is embroiled in controversy and being blasted from all directions.

It's not easy to determine exactly what makes a fighter a pay-per-view star, but it is clear that it takes a star to sell a pay-per-view.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mma--uf...etirement.html

Old
09-07-2012, 08:45 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
At this point, I hope Jones knocks himself out tripping into the cage.

Closed Thread